Will t$ protect their protectorate?

Critters

1 minute ago, Akuryo said:

Aside from the fact that's it's known AKs leader learned of the ability to do this a day before said line gov member started it.

And that's from someone else in your Coalition saying they told them. ?

I, do not buy it. Not with the big heads they have.

I mean its pretty simple, 

When i learn of a exploit or something I talk about it with other government members (usually to laugh at alex or to measure the impact it may have), so i can assume most alliances do this to some extent. So its not to far out there to imaging they discussed this issue and a government member decided to take it upon themselfs to exploit it

0b3897cd640f95254329f7a2d45d8c77b1c120e.

7 hours ago, Spaceman Thrax said:

Cheating anime nazis, you say? Great stuff, great stuff. Stay classy, IQ sphere. Missed you!

Amazing! Spreading fake news is VERY SAD!

• Like 1
  • Downvote 2

Taste the MEAT not the HEAT!

Strickland Propane Discord - NOW LGBTQIAPK2+ FRIENDLY! - Only available on Discord

5b16b9465rtyra9c1.png.e3c08c76b0c07a8276603b04440eaf3b.png

1 hour ago, George (James T Kirk) said:

So while im not condoning cheating, there is no evidence to prove AK gov remaining had any idea this was being exploited.

As soon as @Spaceman Thrax sells me his bridge he promised several months ago, I’ll have a bridge to sell to you.

1 hour ago, George (James T Kirk) said:

I mean its pretty simple, 

When i learn of a exploit or something I talk about it with other government members (usually to laugh at alex or to measure the impact it may have), so i can assume most alliances do this to some extent. So its not to far out there to imaging they discussed this issue and a government member decided to take it upon themselfs to exploit it

Assuming BK's culture is equal to anywhere elses is silly. While i don't think what you described is unusual, we're talking about an alliance that isn't BK but likes to pretend it's just as big and important. It's real easy to justify exploiting it when it soothes ego.

And also, this brings us back to a big stickler for Nova's gov. That they somehow didn't know how much was in their offshore at all times. What was spawned may not have been nearly as massive an amount but if your offshore mysteriously grows by several billion, i daresay someone should ask about that. 

At the end of the day, leadership is responsible. If entire alliances can be held responsible for a single gov member saying some stupid shit that lands out of context and nearly starts a war, how exactly does that same gov member exploiting the game not fall into the same category? Especially if it's the equivalent of that dumb comment being 100% true. 

This war itself is LITERALLY an example of that. I fail to see how it's any different. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, MCMaster-095 said:

Difference being that BK’s logs weren’t hypothetical, they were Sphinx saying “Hey, we’ve planned our war, we know when we’ll hit, we know who’s hitting who, start stockpiling nukes.” Our discussions were more like “‘What if NPO attacks us? That’d be bad wouldn’t it be?’ ‘Yeah but I expect them to keep their word.’” And BK was planning to hit us, their discussions were not “What if Chaos hit us?”

You’re trying way too hard to spin discussing a hypothetical scenario that had a very real possibility of playing out (and did play out!) as being a bad thing, when it’s just common sense. We never had any plans to hit NPO offensively.

If there’s a huge alliance that you historically haven’t had good relations with and they are sitting out this huge war, have historically good relations with your opponents, and have shown hints of aggression, it would be very naive to just not make a plan on what to do if they were to hit you. I’m certain that NPO has planned what they would do if BK Sphere hit them. Or perhaps they didn’t need to because they knew BK would never hit them because they had to fight upper tier consolidation.

I'm not saying or trying to make it a bad thing. We are all ultimately the same thing, we just simply wear different masks. The difference is that you will get every man and his dog and throw stones from your glass house at ours. Of course BKs plans were hypothetical by the time you got them. You removed their opportunity to strike when you started Surfs Up. Same way NPO/t$ had their opportunity removed by that war. I'm just here to point out that if your coalition wants to be two faced at least make one side pretty.

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

I'm not saying or trying to make it a bad thing. We are all ultimately the same thing, we just simply wear different masks. The difference is that you will get every man and his dog and throw stones from your glass house at ours. Of course BKs plans were hypothetical by the time you got them. You removed their opportunity to strike when you started Surfs Up. Same way NPO/t$ had their opportunity removed by that war. I'm just here to point out that if your coalition wants to be two faced at least make one side pretty.

Its not just our coalition being two faced, friend. There are many faces at play across all sides, and none of them are pretty.

• Like 1

os9LcJK.gif

9 hours ago, MCMaster-095 said:

Difference being that BK’s logs weren’t hypothetical, they were Sphinx saying “Hey, we’ve planned our war, we know when we’ll hit, we know who’s hitting who, start stockpiling nukes.” Our discussions were more like “‘What if NPO attacks us? That’d be bad wouldn’t it be?’ ‘Yeah but I expect them to keep their word.’” And BK was planning to hit us, their discussions were not “What if Chaos hit us?”

You’re trying way too hard to spin discussing a hypothetical scenario that had a very real possibility of playing out (and did play out!) as being a bad thing, when it’s just common sense. We never had any plans to hit NPO offensively.

If there’s a huge alliance that you historically haven’t had good relations with and they are sitting out this huge war, have historically good relations with your opponents, and have shown hints of aggression, it would be very naive to just not make a plan on what to do if they were to hit you. I’m certain that NPO has planned what they would do if BK Sphere hit them. Or perhaps they didn’t need to because they knew BK would never hit them because they had to fight upper tier consolidation.

Bruh. I tried. You can't break through even on something as clear cut as this. But look on the bright side, we both got the coveted Shadowthrone Downvote

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

14 hours ago, George (James T Kirk) said:

Ok Ill bite here,

We looked into this to the best of our ability. So while a government member had cheated the circumstances are completely different than the nova incident your referring to    

1. In the nova incident there was the beliefe that they were cheating for a long period of time, where the AK incident indicated to a sole incident 

2. The Nova incident included multiple gov members where the AK incident was one sole gov member

3. With the nova incident, the "damage had been done" with millions of resources sold and cities bought. Where in the AK incident the money had not been spent and was recovered by Alex 

So while im not condoning cheating, there is no evidence to prove AK gov remaining had any idea this was being exploited. Therefore action really was not needed, BK does not condone cheating by anyone, allies or not 

Alright George.

So I'm at a bit of an impasse here. I made a comment based on something I'm pretty much already decided on. I actually think you're replying to it earnestly (could be wrong?) and while I have tons of problems with what you wrote, I'd rather ease up than polarize this more than is absolutely necessary.

So I guess my question is do you really want to discuss this? Because I'll lay out where I'm coming from for you, but it won't be pretty, and if you're just going to meme about it, I'd really rather not waste my time. So your call.

As a starting point though: all of what you wrote is predicated on a comparison to Nova Riata. I actually didn't mention Nova Riata. What I implied is that your coalition goes too far trying to justify cheating anime nazis because it benefits their military effort. Nova isn't really relevant to that.

Edited by Spaceman Thrax

Slaughter the shits of the world. They poison the air you breathe.

~ William S. Burroughs

5 minutes ago, Spaceman Thrax said:

As a starting point though: all of what you wrote is predicated on a comparison to Nova Riata. I actually didn't mention Nova Riata. What I implied is that your coalition goes too far trying to justify cheating anime nazis because it benefits their military effort. Nova isn't really relevant to that.

I was more directing the comparisons to @Buorhann as he mentioned "because its a BK ally" or around thoes terms. 

Once again I have never tried to justify or condone cheating, i have merely stated our reasons for not persecuting the entirety of Africa Korps or their remaining gov. I think that is a important distinction to make here

27 minutes ago, George (James T Kirk) said:

I was more directing the comparisons to @Buorhann as he mentioned "because its a BK ally" or around thoes terms. 

Once again I have never tried to justify or condone cheating, i have merely stated our reasons for not persecuting the entirety of Africa Korps or their remaining gov. I think that is a important distinction to make here

I don't think Buor explicitly mentioned it either.

I think it's kind of telling that you framed it like that though, honestly. I assume BK's "investigation", as a gov, was probably more "ask other AK gov if they knew, then believe them, then work on trying to justify it" (which was, apparently, done by trying to posit, once again, that it's ok because ORANGE MAN DID SOMETHING WORSE!). Could be wrong here: if they have anything with more substance they should probably share it.

Akuryo has suggested (and I think you actually agreed?) that knowledge of the exploit came from within your own coalition and that AK exploited it from there. In similar situations, I have never presented an exploit I've found to other parties without also reporting it to admin, so I find that fishy. I also do not put much stock in the idea that Alex got all of it, and I also have seen one of your old allies saying, essentially, "well AK was super worried about resources and then stopped all of a sudden so the idea that they were cheating makes sense".... this is all coming off me perusing forums, so maybe there's more entries on either side of the column, but unfortunately I don't put much stock in your coalition's ability to be forthright about it.

On your last point: i agree. I don't think people who haven't cheated should be punished. I don't actually see any solid proof anyone in BK actually intended to cheat. But this is where the comparison to Nova is actually relevant: BK didn't do a thorough investigation over Nova. They just hit them, including many, many members who had no idea what was going on and didn't benefit from it.

It's pretty much impossible for me to assume good faith, considering that. It's just a simple matter of politics, for your government: it's okay for war efforts to be propped up by cheating, as long as it's your side.

Anyway. That's where I'm coming from. Parts may be wrong or incomplete but I'd really urge you to try and understand it in its totality if you really want to get through to me on this one.... it is not a good look.

Edited by Spaceman Thrax
  • Like 1

~ William S. Burroughs

1 minute ago, Spaceman Thrax said:

I don't think Buor explicitly mentioned it either.

15 hours ago, George (James T Kirk) said:
5 hours ago, Buorhann said:

It’s ok because AK is on their side.

I assumed / assume he was referring to Nova, if not my bad

3 minutes ago, Spaceman Thrax said:

Snip

Ok well i guess I will start off with the simple factors to this.

Firstly we did not do a investigation into Nova ourselves as multiple other parties had already done this, these investigations showed enough proof to move on, however even with that we waited until Alex posted his verdict that implicated multiple gov members. The investigation into AK was not overly large per say, however we did look into the amount of money coming into the game, the time frame and other factors and yes we did talk to the AK gov

With that said it is possible the exploit was mentioned in the server, so yes i will admit it is a possibility the cheater learned of the exploit through that channel, with that said id like to reiterate my point that just because the exploit became know through our colo chans, it does not give enough cause to implicate the entirety of AK or their government. It could have been a simple conversation in the AK gov chats where Don mentioned the glitch and the cheater decided to try it. Furthermore I personally never saw AK complain about resources, its possible they mentioned it but our colo is helping anyone that may need a boost during the war, and AK had yet to mention anything to me.  Before i move on i want to touch of Nova, a large portion of their member-base did benefit from this, directly or indirectly through cities or grants where AK gov and members never saw the money (apart from the cheater) so while not all members of nova knew, they did benefit 

While i understand why you may want to jump to the conclusion that the entirety of AK is guilty or their government there is no facts or evidence that could be found.  If more evidence is brought to light im sure we would be willing to reevaluate the situation, BK has not and never will condone cheating of any kind.

P.S sorry if its structured like shit, have yet to goto sleep and my grammar is shit already 

13 minutes ago, George (James T Kirk) said:

I assumed / assume he was referring to Nova, if not my bad

Ok well i guess I will start off with the simple factors to this.

Firstly we did not do a investigation into Nova ourselves as multiple other parties had already done this, these investigations showed enough proof to move on, however even with that we waited until Alex posted his verdict that implicated multiple gov members. The investigation into AK was not overly large per say, however we did look into the amount of money coming into the game, the time frame and other factors and yes we did talk to the AK gov

With that said it is possible the exploit was mentioned in the server, so yes i will admit it is a possibility the cheater learned of the exploit through that channel, with that said id like to reiterate my point that just because the exploit became know through our colo chans, it does not give enough cause to implicate the entirety of AK or their government. It could have been a simple conversation in the AK gov chats where Don mentioned the glitch and the cheater decided to try it. Furthermore I personally never saw AK complain about resources, its possible they mentioned it but our colo is helping anyone that may need a boost during the war, and AK had yet to mention anything to me.  Before i move on i want to touch of Nova, a large portion of their member-base did benefit from this, directly or indirectly through cities or grants where AK gov and members never saw the money (apart from the cheater) so while not all members of nova knew, they did benefit 

While i understand why you may want to jump to the conclusion that the entirety of AK is guilty or their government there is no facts or evidence that could be found.  If more evidence is brought to light im sure we would be willing to reevaluate the situation, BK has not and never will condone cheating of any kind.

P.S sorry if its structured like shit, have yet to goto sleep and my grammar is shit already 

No worries! I still understand what you are saying. Get some rest! The game will still be bad when you get back. : )

I think the biggest disconnect here is that you don't seem to be agreeing with me when I suggest that BK's burden of proof for NR was way, way, way lower than the one for AK, and that that's a problem when BK tries to frame their response as something that is for game integrity/because of caring about cheating. Your PR from that hit is what makes your attempts at equivocating for AK so problematic.

Let's not pretend that your response was at all in proportion to the benefits Nova got from the exploit. You mashed up members who had gotten no grants; even if I agreed that the members who might have received some small benefit ought to have been hit for it (I don't; they lacked intentionality and the benefit for them was nothing game-breaking even if it did exist) In AK's case, you've done less than nothing (as in, you are actively defending them) about the benefits they've realized from cheating, in a mechanical sense, and that's that, for me. I actually didn't get into what I thought should be done about Nova OR AK. My argument rests more on the inconsistency in BK's answers to those questions.

Edited by Spaceman Thrax
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

~ William S. Burroughs

20 hours ago, Pasky Darkfire said:

you-talk-a-lot-of-shit-for-someone-withi

The fact that Your Leader Name isn't Rusty Shackleford Is disappoint.

I already have a name... I'm afraid if I change it, it will cause much confusion. Or is that what they want me to think?? The post office will always know where I am no matter what name I use :(

Taste the MEAT not the HEAT!

Strickland Propane Discord - NOW LGBTQIAPK2+ FRIENDLY! - Only available on Discord

5b16b9465rtyra9c1.png.e3c08c76b0c07a8276603b04440eaf3b.png

3 hours ago, Malal said:

I’ve seen you call out a lot of people this war. How are you weathering in this conflict? I hope things are going well  There are a lot of nations that are having a hard time coping and are slipping into Vacation Mode. Some of these folks are so freaked out by the war that they are actively posting and are lurking on the forums/discord for several hours at a time and yet still keep their nation in VM. Yikes, amirite?

Anywho, with how much smack talk you’re constantly giving and how active you are - I figured you must be personally responsible for a lot of your Coalition’s success. Nice work!

e4piWaS.png

Oh....whoops.

On one hand - well played ? 

On the other - if you’re implying that Inst has the same amount of influence on your bloc that Thrax does on ours...that explains a lot about your bloc.

Edited by Kevanovia
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

image.gif.d80770bf646703bba00c14ad52088af9.gif

1 hour ago, Kevanovia said:

On one hand - well played ? 

On the other - if you’re implying that Inst has the same amount of influence on your bloc that Thrax does on ours...that explains a lot about your bloc.

True, as I understand, Thrax is too busy buying hookers and blow to be much involved in PnW. The official claim is that he's retired, isn't he?

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Spaceman Thrax said:

No worries! I still understand what you are saying. Get some rest! The game will still be bad when you get back. : )

I think the biggest disconnect here is that you don't seem to be agreeing with me when I suggest that BK's burden of proof for NR was way, way, way lower than the one for AK, and that that's a problem when BK tries to frame their response as something that is for game integrity/because of caring about cheating. Your PR from that hit is what makes your attempts at equivocating for AK so problematic.

Let's not pretend that your response was at all in proportion to the benefits Nova got from the exploit. You mashed up members who had gotten no grants; even if I agreed that the members who might have received some small benefit ought to have been hit for it (I don't; they lacked intentionality and the benefit for them was nothing game-breaking even if it did exist) In AK's case, you've done less than nothing (as in, you are actively defending them) about the benefits they've realized from cheating, in a mechanical sense, and that's that, for me. I actually didn't get into what I thought should be done about Nova OR AK. My argument rests more on the inconsistency in BK's answers to those questions.

I mean this entire statement is wrong, BK's "burden of proof" for nova was way may compelling, the nova incident, im not sure why you think the burden of proof regarding AK is even remotely substantial, all the "proof" people have from AK is one government member cheated and may or may not have gotten that information from elsewhere.  

Nova being rolled "portionally" is really another argument altogether,  the real argument I was trying to get across here was that, there is not enough proof to implicate AK or their government at this time. It partially my fault the argument strayed slightly but anyways overall there is not enough burden of proof to implicate AK, furthermore mass damage to the economic status of the game did not occur in this incident, With information I dont really see how anyone can expect anything to happen to them, I am not about to throw a ally under the bus for a action of one person. Like i said before if you have any other proof then dm me, we will be happy to reevaluate if such a time comes. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, George (James T Kirk) said:

I mean this entire statement is wrong, BK's "burden of proof" for nova was way may compelling, the nova incident, im not sure why you think the burden of proof regarding AK is even remotely substantial, all the "proof" people have from AK is one government member cheated and may or may not have gotten that information from elsewhere.  

Nova being rolled "portionally" is really another argument altogether,  the real argument I was trying to get across here was that, there is not enough proof to implicate AK or their government at this time. It partially my fault the argument strayed slightly but anyways overall there is not enough burden of proof to implicate AK, furthermore mass damage to the economic status of the game did not occur in this incident, With information I dont really see how anyone can expect anything to happen to them, I am not about to throw a ally under the bus for a action of one person. Like i said before if you have any other proof then dm me, we will be happy to reevaluate if such a time comes. 

@George (James T Kirk) Please roll me "portionally" too? 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Prefonteen said:

Its not just our coalition being two faced, friend. There are many faces at play across all sides, and none of them are pretty.

Hey. I'm fricking beautiful thank you very much.

Bottom_Border Siggy.png