Will t$ protect their protectorate?

Critters

17 minutes ago, Roquentin said:

I was talking about the bloc having a good cop and a bad cop. This isn't really flat earth shit given how quick reconciliation happened as soon as they peaced and Buorhann has even said he misjudged Sisyphus entirely at the time.

It's funny because the only reason ts was somewhat rehabilitated was because your deceit trumped our idiocy. 

os9LcJK.gif

Just now, Prefonteen said:

It's funny because the only reason ts was somewhat rehabilitated was because your deceit trumped our idiocy. 

It's not funny at all. You threw us under the bus to get PR. There's nothing else to it.

3 minutes ago, Pasky Darkfire said:

fify

Haha no. When someone pulls out abruptly and are like "jeez guys. I had no clue NPO would do this and you're really swell and they manipulated us into all of this. Let's be friends again." It doesn't work.

I'm glad TGH and tS are best buds though. :)

Edited by Roquentin

1 minute ago, Roquentin said:

Haha no. When someone pulls out abruptly and are like "jeez guys. I had no clue NPO would do this and you're really swell and they manipulated us into all of this. Let's be friends again." It doesn't work.

I know that the only intel you get nowadays is whatever you've told BK to repeat back to you but that's just absolutely completely wrong. 

One must imagine Sisyphus happy.

2 minutes ago, Roquentin said:

Haha no. When someone pulls out abruptly and are like "jeez guys. I had no clue NPO would do this and you're really swell and they manipulated us into all of this. 

2 hours ago, Kevanovia said:

Are you referring to when N$O posted that they were attacking GOB/Guardian but would not expand the war beyond that unless countered - and then NPO expanded the war, so then t$ dropped out? Is that what you are referring to?

“Abruptly” 

image.gif.d80770bf646703bba00c14ad52088af9.gif

2 minutes ago, Kevanovia said:

“Abruptly” 

Yes, they pulled out without informing anyone that it was their intention including at least one protectorate who had been for expansion. It was never made a condition despite multiple warnings of our pending intervention vs TKR. This essentially gave KERTCHOGG  a carte blanche and tS became popular again by virtue of giving the people what they wanted all along.

Edited by Roquentin

26 minutes ago, Roquentin said:

It doesn't make sense to be angry over something that hadn't happened and it never was potentially broken regardless of what they did. It was either real anger over Guardian/GOB or not. If they reassured you that they would exit if  NPO did anything and that was the word given somewhere else, then that's a different problem altogether.

We saw y’all as a bloc and one parties’ involvement signaled the possible involvement of the whole. We weren’t entirely wrong about our prediction.

damn: kev nailed it better than I did right above me

Edited by Hodor
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Kevanovia said:

What was it that we wanted all along? To prevent a hegemony? Minispheres?

There was a reason BK was hit and not NPO. BK’s Sphere was the one that leaked the logs. Everything else about NPO was conjecture. We were hoping that you guys (N$O) were still pro-minisphere and rejected the offer from BK to pull the hegemonic move, and yet there was uncertainty. When N$O hit Guardian/GoB, we were upset because it could signal that the conjecture was correct - but also we were still holding on to the hope that NPO/t$ would ensure they stuck to the rules of engagement and perhaps use the situation to make it a multiple front war to follow through with the ‘Minisphere’ ideology that we had been gunning for.

When NPO hit TKR, everyone’s heart sunk. Not for the outcome of this war, but what it could mean for politics post-war. T$ withdrawing didn’t earn them points, but at least it showed that they weren’t pro-hegemony.

You wanted to win while having the "minispheres" as a rhetorical tool. If it just so happens the minispheres always come together to help each other against the real bad guys(tm),  then it's not anything other than a hegemony.

tS pulling out killed any minispheres because they had decided internally they were done and they had told people there too many times that they were entirely innocent.  If anything tS's movements have all but ensured the death of any real distinct spheres and helped foster the reunification of an old boys club.

• Downvote 3

2 minutes ago, Roquentin said:

You wanted to win while having the "minispheres" as a rhetorical tool. If it just so happens the minispheres always come together to help each other against the real bad guys(tm),  then it's not anything other than a hegemony.

tS pulling out killed any minispheres because they had decided internally they were done and they had told people there too many times that they were entirely innocent.  If anything tS's movements have all but ensured the death of any real distinct spheres and helped foster the reunification of an old boys club.

I dunno, CHAOS wasn’t doing so hot with the whole winning thing against KETOG...

Just now, Hodor said:

I dunno, CHAOS wasn’t doing so hot with the whole winning thing against KETOG...

It wasn't a politically motivated war. It's the same reason I made the joke about the one month offer. No one would accept it because they wouldn't take it at face value.

5 minutes ago, Roquentin said:

First of all, I appreciated the trademark of ‘the real bad guys’.

Second of all, in the bold - you just called yourself a Hegemony. You did exactly what you outlined. You had planned a war with BK on us. Whereas KETOG went to war with Chaos. So....

Great Job! playing yourself

Edited by Kevanovia
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 5

4 minutes ago, Roquentin said:

iYIZ5p1.gif

• Haha 1

Praise Dio. Every !@#$ing day.

3 minutes ago, Roquentin said:

It wasn't a politically motivated war. It's the same reason I made the joke about the one month offer. No one would accept it because they wouldn't take it at face value.

So winning only matter if the motives are purely political?

1 minute ago, Kiloist II said:

You’re not the bad guys. You’re that nerd in math class who only has power in math class but gets owned everywhere else.

I resent this statement. You don't even know what math is you dweeb!

• Haha 5

"Most successful new AA" - Samuel Bates

21 minutes ago, Kevanovia said:

First of all, I appreciated the trademark of ‘the real bad guys’.

Second of all, in the bold - you just called yourself a Hegemony. You did exactly what you outlined. You had planned a war with BK on us. Whereas KETOG went to war with Chaos. So....

Great Job! playing yourself

Um, what? KETOG went to war with Chaos, but its main target was BK/Cov. They did not have the numbers onboard and still had a lot to lose before the leak.

If KETOG could have enlisted enough outside support for a hit on BK/Cov, the Chaos war would not have happened and Chaos/KT/TGH had already been in cahoots earlier in the year.

6 minutes ago, Roquentin said:

Um, what? KETOG went to war with Chaos, but its main target was BK/Cov. They did not have the numbers onboard and still had a lot to lose before the leak.

If KETOG could have enlisted enough outside support for a hit on BK/Cov, the Chaos war would not have happened and Chaos/KT/TGH had already been in cahoots earlier in the year.

When IQ still existed? Sure. Due to the Hegemony. Again, it goes back to what our main objective has been - preventing hegemonies and creating minispheres to change the meta away from the ‘good ol’ boys’ club and the same tired old fight.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kevanovia said:

When IQ still existed? Sure. Due to the Hegemony. Again, it goes back to what our main objective has been - preventing hegemonies and creating minispheres to change the meta away from the ‘good ol’ boys’ club and the same tired old fight.

"preventing hegemony by beating down on the losers of most wars."

"away from good ol boys club" while unifying the traditional elites.

1984: we've hit it.

Edited by Roquentin
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 2