So, what's the threshold of necromancy?

Sir Scarfalot

Like, is there a specific timeframe after which a warn point is applied? I'd rather there be a clarified and concrete threshold where a post is gravedigging or not, since otherwise it's entirely arbitrary by definition.

https://forum.politicsandwar.com/index.php?/guidelines/

Gravedigging

Replying to, or "bumping", old, unpinned topics which have been inactive for at least 30 days. The following exceptions apply:

Alliance Affairs - topics with no posts for at least 10 days will be considering gravedigging.

The following are immune to the rule, as long as replies are constructive and remain on-topic.

Alliance Recruitment
Free Trade Market
Game Discussion
Game Suggestions
All forums in the Social Hub
All forums in the Game Hub

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
xzhPlEh.png?1

• Moderators
8 hours ago, Buorhann said:

Honestly it kinda sucks, because I feel like that some topics could be revived if there was some relevance to the current politics or something.

You can always quote a post in a new or more recent thread if you feel the need. Many people do that.

It's also worth noting that rules aren't enforced arbitrarily. If something makes sense and isn't a clear rule violation, I will typically not deliver a warning.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Buorhann said:

Honestly it kinda sucks, because I feel like that some topics could be revived if there was some relevance to the current politics or something.

Back in the day, there was a relevance factor played in to current politics in the world and allowed if it stayed clean and constructive - these days moderators are all over the place in what to enforce or not.

• Moderators
19 hours ago, Mad Max said:

Back in the day, there was a relevance factor played in to current politics in the world and allowed if it stayed clean and constructive - these days moderators are all over the place in what to enforce or not.

If you feel that posts are violating rules, feel free to utilize the report button. If a post gets reported it is guaranteed to be reviewed by the moderation team.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Robot Santa said:

If you feel that posts are violating rules, feel free to utilize the report button. If a post gets reported it is guaranteed to be reviewed by the moderation team.

I think the issue he's getting at isn't so much the quantity of moderation actions but the consistency of said actions.

• Upvote 1

• Moderators
On 9/29/2019 at 5:41 PM, Sir Scarfalot said:

I think the issue he's getting at isn't so much the quantity of moderation actions but the consistency of said actions.

I don't want you guys to feel like the mod team is ignoring your posts, but at the same time I don't know what you want me to say in response to an allusion.

2 hours ago, Robot Santa said:

I don't want you guys to feel like the mod team is ignoring your posts, but at the same time I don't know what you want me to say in response to an allusion.

Honestly, fair enough. All I really wanted out of this thread was the opportunity for everyone, mod team and users, to create an environment with a little less "gotcha" moderations and more "these are the rules" moderations.

• Upvote 1