No tanks VS tanks

Reximus Wolfheart

So looking at the score of troops compared to tanks, is it worth making any tanks at all? Obviously the higher your score the higher means other higher scores will be able to attack you so that's why its best to get the military for your score possible so you have an edge on them. Will I get a better score ratio and other benefits just making troops only because if you look at score per tank vs score per troop its highly different.

Tank=0.05 score

Solider=0.0005 score

Each tank is worth 23 armed troops

So say I have 2000 tanks that is 100 score and is equal to 46000 troops

46000 troops=23 score

You can clearly see troops have a better ratio.  However each city can only hold a max of 15k troops (7.5 score) per city and each city can hold a max of 1250 (62.5 score) tanks and each city is 50 score to make and then you have infrastructure score cost which is 0.025 per 1 infa.

I think the benefits of having no tanks is obvious

.Cost less to keep up with

.Don't spend as much resources using in battle and don't need as much steel

.Gives more score to be flexible allowing you to build more cities which gains you more wealth

.Not affected by air control affect in war

.Lets you have a higher max plane count due to having more cities

Positives to having tanks

.Allows you to build very strong land forces within just a day due to be able to make a lot of them for how much they are worth

.They don't die as much therefore you wont have to keep replacing them as much as soldiers

.Will have a bigger land force slightly

Im struggling to find a reason to use tanks now I have done the math so I would like some more experienced members of the community to tell me is they a point to using tanks or if using them in small quantities is the best choice.  If they is a flaw in my math please tell me and correct me  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Very true however it also means that if you had more cities due to having no tanks this also means you will be able to have a higher max plane count and could give you a large advantage in terms of air if you keep up with your planes

23 minutes ago, Reximus Wolfheart said:

Very true however it also means that if you had more cities due to having no tanks this also means you will be able to have a higher max plane count and could give you a large advantage in terms of air if you keep up with your planes

Depends on the situation if keeping your NS as low as possible even really matters, could be no downside to having the extra NS depending on who’s at war, what NS tier most of your allies who can counter are, etc.

Yea I guess tanks are situational depending on if you need them at the time. But in general use I don't see them as something you should create large quantities of them but yea if you need that extra land force to get a victory yea produce a few hundred tanks on the day.

Edited by Reximus Wolfheart
  • Upvote 1

It depends on what you're doing, building a lot of tanks or no tanks is often better because there's usually an ideal score range you're looking for. Moreover, say, if you have 2000 tank production capability per day, you're better building 2000 tanks on the first day than building 500, 500, 500, 500, because you can decom on later days for some of your steel (75%) back if you need to play with your score.

Biggest problem with tank usage is generally steel availability. I've seen a recent spike in steel prices, alongside a recent fall.

Tanks are a defensive unit if you're storing them, but they're only really valid situationally, as has been pointed out. Tank flashes are really solid ways of getting some impressive damages done at a daychange, but heck that up and you're out many many millions.

• Upvote 1

Tanks are useful, you it's more military stuff in general, and even though they fall to planes, it's good to have them. Let's say you're attacked, if you don't even have any tanks, your opponent has an advantage, because they can bring in tanks at a better combat rate and defeat you, but if you have tanks, then they have another factor to worry about. Additionally, if you're gonna worry about score, remember, you can only have 5 barracks per city, so 15,000 troops per city, that's a limit to 7.5 score, per city from soldiers (correct me if I'm wrong) whereas you can still build 5 factories past that, with 250 tanks per factory, that's the ability to get an additional 750 score max (again, correct me if I'm wrong, I don't trust my mental math here), so, yeah, they can be worth it.

Guest Elijah Mikaelson
On 9/22/2019 at 4:48 PM, Reximus Wolfheart said:

So looking at the score of troops compared to tanks, is it worth making any tanks at all? Obviously the higher your score the higher means other higher scores will be able to attack you so that's why its best to get the military for your score possible so you have an edge on them. Will I get a better score ratio and other benefits just making troops only because if you look at score per tank vs score per troop its highly different.

Tank=0.05 score

Solider=0.0005 score

Each tank is worth 23 armed troops

So say I have 2000 tanks that is 100 score and is equal to 46000 troops

46000 troops=23 score

You can clearly see troops have a better ratio.  However each city can only hold a max of 15k troops (7.5 score) per city and each city can hold a max of 1250 (62.5 score) tanks and each city is 50 score to make and then you have infrastructure score cost which is 0.025 per 1 infa.

I think the benefits of having no tanks is obvious

.Cost less to keep up with

.Don't spend as much resources using in battle and don't need as much steel

.Gives more score to be flexible allowing you to build more cities which gains you more wealth

.Not affected by air control affect in war

.Lets you have a higher max plane count due to having more cities

Positives to having tanks

.Allows you to build very strong land forces within just a day due to be able to make a lot of them for how much they are worth

.They don't die as much therefore you wont have to keep replacing them as much as soldiers

.Will have a bigger land force slightly

Im struggling to find a reason to use tanks now I have done the math so I would like some more experienced members of the community to tell me is they a point to using tanks or if using them in small quantities is the best choice.  If they is a flaw in my math please tell me and correct me  

you also missed out the fact you have have the same def with using less improvements with tanks, IF I am not mistaken two factories full of tanks will give you better def strength than having 5 barracks full of troops this means those three extra improvements can go in to comms or production making it more cost effective than holding five barracks full of troops.

its 5am and just what i remember when i worked it all out a year or so ago.

• 2 months later...

Recently I just deleted someones tank force just with two airstrikes. Took out 1k+ tanks. I think that poor bastard should just have build more planes instead. As far as I'm concerned, tanks are a good way to throw your steel into the great garbage bin of war.