A Modest Proposal to Alex.

Tom Riddle

The AA guns idea I think would be the best because how strong planes are, I always had this idea but it's kinda big. Kinda of like a research tree where you can get different upgrades for your Nation, because atm 1v1 War is really predictable, normal the Nation with the most cities is going to win unless they got caught with their pants down. So if there was like a research tree it would make war feel unique and be abwl to say your good at war would actually mean something.

TLDR That probably didn't make any sense and I think a skill tree would be cool 

Edited by Nerfed_Bred
  • Upvote 1

• Administrators

I'm not inherently opposed to any of these things, but none of them are very high priority for me. My current top priorities, in no particular order are:

• Fix all of the issues on the test server so that we can upgrade the main server to the latest versions of PHP and MySQL to ensure the integrity of the server going forward. I don't know if you've used the test server lately, but there are a lot of game-breaking bugs with the software upgrades that are critical to fix.
  • A new (and greatly improved) version of the API
  • A complete refactoring of the tutorial/objectives system to as to improve player retention
  • A site re-design to make things prettier and more functional/modern
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

26 minutes ago, Alex said:

I'm not inherently opposed to any of these things, but none of them are very high priority for me. My current top priorities, in no particular order are:

• Fix all of the issues on the test server so that we can upgrade the main server to the latest versions of PHP and MySQL to ensure the integrity of the server going forward. I don't know if you've used the test server lately, but there are a lot of game-breaking bugs with the software upgrades that are critical to fix.
  • A complete refactoring of the tutorial/objectives system to as to improve player retention

I hope you use @Mad Max‘s design :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

image.gif.d80770bf646703bba00c14ad52088af9.gif

24 minutes ago, Alex said:

Thanks for the speedy reply, it's nice to know you're listening and working on a good deal of problems at hand. Can't wait to see the games improved interface. And can't wat for test server to be back in working order; I've been wondering whats going on with that.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

unknown-4.jpg.f71897bddd7a86baf48c07b772ebb629.jpg

^ NO LONGER^

10 hours ago, Alex said:

Hello, thank you for these updates. Specifically towards the API, There is almost no official documentation on what is in the API. The wiki is outdated, and things like the Bank API literally doesn't have any documentation on what the bank api gives.

Is it possible to get official documentation that isn't touchable by players in the game?

• Like 1

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Khris Kruel said:

Hello, thank you for these updates. Specifically towards the API, There is almost no official documentation on what is in the API. The wiki is outdated, and things like the Bank API literally doesn't have any documentation on what the bank api gives.

Is it possible to get official documentation that isn't touchable by players in the game?

Every API endpoint in v2 is going to have an /info/ endpoint that will be official documentation for that endpoint.

• Like 3

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

• Administrators
14 minutes ago, Deulos said:

I think I remember that,but you made into an April's Fool joke. Why was that funny to you? @Alex

@Alex

@Mad Max Did the entire design and setup for the April Fool's joke.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Forums Rules | Game Link

On 9/23/2019 at 11:51 AM, Deulos said:

I didn't get it. Still don't.  That change could have been implemented but it was just laughed off, why put so much work into an April fool's joke.

He didnt put in any work. A player did and Alex let him play the joke on the rest of the player base

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

gg-fu-banner.png

On 9/23/2019 at 12:51 PM, Deulos said:

I didn't get it. Still don't.  That change could have been implemented but it was just laughed off, why put so much work into an April fool's joke.

On 9/24/2019 at 1:04 PM, Viselli said:

He didnt put in any work. A player did and Alex let him play the joke on the rest of the player base

exactly, no work was put in. Was ,likely all photoshop. Why would somebody put in that much work to make an april fools joke

they wouldn't. You could answer the question for yourself if you took a minute to think before speaking.

• Like 1

Verin-ProjectDev2.png

1 hour ago, Verin said:

exactly, no work was put in. Was ,likely all photoshop. Why would somebody put in that much work to make an april fools joke

they wouldn't. You could answer the question for yourself if you took a minute to think before speaking.

Why are you being mean? I was just asking.

14 hours ago, CandyShi said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Modest_Proposal for those who were fortunate enough to not have to recreate one of these in school.

You know. I had forgotten all about A Modest Proposal until now and I feel both enriched and the early onset of Nam Flashbacks settling in.

• Upvote 1

Bottom_Border Siggy.png

On 9/24/2019 at 12:04 PM, Viselli said:

On 9/25/2019 at 5:43 PM, Verin said:

I mean whoa whoa - there was 'work' involved. 

It was all Photoshop though, just a mock design which was meant to be funny and inspire creativity through the community and push Alex to see some ideas on what it could be or what it could look like in the future. I don't expect deulos to understand much of anything - he just downvotes everything anyway.

@uncle tom great job on your OP - glad you got Alex's attention

• Upvote 2

On 9/25/2019 at 7:11 PM, Sketchy said:

Planes don't need a counternerf. Planes should remain the dominant unit.

Why?  They're literally already the dominant unit by their mechanics alone.  You could nerf the damage to almost nil, but the fact that they can hit any target without repercussions AND apply a 50% debuff to Tanks is insane.

They're way too strong in multiple ways, and have been ever since this game existed.

Edited by Buorhann
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

Why?  They're literally already the dominant unit by their mechanics alone.  You could nerf the damage to almost nil, but the fact that they can hit any target without repercussions AND apply a 50% debuff to Tanks is insane.

They're way too strong in multiple ways, and have been ever since this game existed.

Because if all units were evenly balanced counters to eachother war would essentially be a game of rock paper scissors.

If tanks were cheaper and score values were adjusted so that planes were better represented based on their relative power, then a counternerf would not be necessary.

An example of what I'm talking about: 

Edited by Sketchy
  • Like 1

XLL3z4T.gif

Guest Elijah Mikaelson
On 9/26/2019 at 2:11 AM, Sketchy said:

Planes don't need a counternerf. Planes should remain the dominant unit. I'm hesistant to propose changes to the meta since sheepy has a tendency to take ideas and warp them into something worse, but tanks need a cost reduction, and the score ranges need to be adjusted. That is about it. Game balance is more important than realism.

I agree planes are fine, however I believe troops and Tanks and ships should be able to shoot planes on some scale.