Remove Alliance Bank Looting & Cap Alliance Bank Amounts

Alex

Please do not remove alliance bank looting. Sometimes this is a key reason for raiding somebody, and it can yield good results to competent raiders and bank info for alliances considering a war.

The caps are a good idea, although I don't see how this would remove offshore banks.

All that considered, if you want offshores removed, just ban them. Along with this, implement the caps, and reduce alliance bank looting amount(but still keep it).

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

forumsig.png

You must want to just destroy the game. If that's your goal why not do it? It's all you.

Now this idea is not only horrible but you are not given any incentive to win wars other than a victory and the small amount of resources someone keeps on them.

And how does this stop offshore banks, people can just send their money via trades to an offshore anyways and have it kept. I don't who whispered this idea in your ear but this is terrible.

Additionally, you just ignore all other GOOD suggestions for this game??? Do you even read game suggestions?

Edited by Deulos
  • Upvote 4

Bank looting and offshores add other dimensions to the game, especially on the spectrum of politics. It let players anticipate on future events, and let them question whether they could trust allies with their fortunes.

A cap would limit the freedom in the gameplay. It enforces you to do something with the money and resources, and removes above said fun dimensions.

Furthermore, the mentioned caps are too low.

• Upvote 3

Just now, Dusty said:

Ye 400k per city when it costs 18-20m a city to rebuild post a war is far to small

I don't know what infra you're building to, but it costs like 26-57 million to rebuild a city.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Dusty said:

Ye 400k per city when it costs 18-20m a city to rebuild post a war is far to small

I have to say though, it would decrease the amount of time alliances are at war.

Alliance's would only be able to afford going to war for less than a month at suggested alliance bank limits (unless they kept it all with-in their nations, which can get raided).

Honestly, it's a double edged sword. It removes alliance bank looting, but it allows you to get bigger loot from any certain nation. It will allow the better raiders get their stats up (without having to Theo three banks). 

• Like 3

Ok let's do a case by case study of this.

19 minutes ago, Alex said:

Alliance banks would be invulnerable to being looted.

Alliance banks being invulnerable to being looted will make it easier for alliances to hide things. We wont know who is hoarding stuff, making things like the Nova Scandal hard to spot(since you wont know how much stuff they have).

21 minutes ago, Alex said:

a cap on alliance bank contents. This cap would be based on the number of cities in the alliance so as not to incentivize people to again make "offshores" to get around the bank limits. This restriction on total bank contents will require alliances to store more of their money/resources in their nations, such that they are still vulnerable to looting.

A cap on bank contents will incentivize making more offshore. As a matter of fact, most of the money in banks come from taxes rather than individuals. If people can make alliances right now, what will stop them from making more alliances later on?

A lot of alliances depend on having their stuff stored in safe places so that they can war without worrying about loot. Moreover, in most cases, alliance bank loots are larger than what one gets from beiging a person.

What you need to address is people making lots of alliances rather than limiting banks

• Upvote 1

@Alex make it so a blockaded nation can't send alliance funds away, so let's say there are 10 gov members with bank access, if a small group of ppl start a blitz and blockade all of those gov nation then the bank stays where it is and can't be trasfered.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 9
32204241a4480364cfebb04c10bf72cfaeb4dce2x696.gif
Former Manager t$ and Director of R&D
Former Director of Finance, Security in e$
Founder of The Prate Syndicate(test server)
luffyt$forum.gif

• Administrators
9 minutes ago, saeton said:

Those numbers are so low that the alliance bank itself would be useless. 

Like I said in the OP, the numbers could certainly be tweaked.

9 minutes ago, Hughes said:

Please do not remove alliance bank looting. Sometimes this is a key reason for raiding somebody, and it can yield good results to competent raiders and bank info for alliances considering a war.

The caps are a good idea, although I don't see how this would remove offshore banks.

All that considered, if you want offshores removed, just ban them. Along with this, implement the caps, and reduce alliance bank looting amount(but still keep it).

If nations have more money/rss on hand, raiding will still be viable.

It would end offshore banks because there would be no point. An offshore bank would not have any more increased capacity than if they just stayed in the main alliance.

Banning offshores doesn't seem feasible. How would I enforce that? Players would just claim that their offshore isn't really an offshore, it's "insert something else here."

8 minutes ago, Deulos said:

You must want to just destroy the game. If that's your goal why not do it? It's all you.

Now this idea is not only horrible but you are not given any incentive to win wars other than a victory and the small amount of resources someone keeps on them.

And how does this stop offshore banks, people can just send their money via trades to an offshore anyways and have it kept. I don't who whispered this idea in your ear (looking at you NPO worshippers) but this is terrible.

Additionally, you just ignore all other GOOD suggestions for this game??? Do you even read game suggestions or just follow whichever hegemonies have the most political power...

With bank caps (but not nation caps) nations would have more money/rss on-hand to be looted. 

Also, lots of people in this thread are already complaining how bad this would be for NPO :P

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 4

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

Just now, CitrusK said:

I have to say though, it would decrease the amount of time alliances are at war.

Alliance's would only be able to afford going to war for less than a month at suggested alliance bank limits (unless they kept it all with-in their nations, which can get raided).

Honestly, it's a double edged sword. It removes alliance bank looting, but it allows you to get bigger loot from any certain nation. It will allow the better raiders get their stats up (without having to Theo three banks). 

Yeah the only partially good things I can see about this are
1. Nations can't put as much money offshore(which seems good if you're a raider until you realize you dont have anywhere to store it)

2. Alliance wars won't drag on forever

forumsig.png

1 minute ago, Alex said:

It would end offshore banks because there would be no point. An offshore bank would not have any more increased capacity than if they just stayed in the main alliance.

Ah true I didn't think of that.
Where would rich nations store their money during a war though?

• Like 1

forumsig.png

1 minute ago, Alex said:

Having the cap on alliance banks will ensure that you can actually loot more because nations will have to store a lot more money/rss.

But where do you put the loot if you don't have an offshore or alliance bank to put it in?

forumsig.png

1 minute ago, Alex said:

To all the people downvoting my original post:

What about this? https://politicsandwar.com/alliance/id=6045

Do you think this is fine? This is de-facto invulnerable bank looting anyway. Very rarely do banks actually get looted in the status-quo. Eliminating bank looting isn't going to change much in terms of gameplay, it's just going to get rid of a lot of the confusing offshore 1-man alliances.

Having the cap on alliance banks will ensure that you can actually loot more because nations will have to store a lot more money/rss.

i'll point to my former statement: 

• Downvote 1
32204241a4480364cfebb04c10bf72cfaeb4dce2x696.gif
Former Manager t$ and Director of R&D
Former Director of Finance, Security in e$
Founder of The Prate Syndicate(test server)
luffyt$forum.gif

• Administrators
Just now, Hughes said:

But where do you put the loot if you don't have an offshore or alliance bank to put it in?

You'd have to store it in a nation, where it is vulnerable to being looted.

• Downvote 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

If you are gonna remove alliance bank looting, do not cap the alliance bank total. I'm still against removing alliance bank looting, but the second part is extremely bad.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Look up to the sky above~

• Administrators
Just now, MonkeyDLegend said:

i'll point to my former statement: 

That nation has 0 score. Regardless of whether or not they could transfer if they were blockaded, no one can declare war on them anyway. So they could never be blockaded in the first place.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Forums Rules | Game Link