Intense Flashing Nation Header

Oh Tiniest Bird

Nation Link: https://politicsandwar.com/nation/id=146719

Ruler Name: Dryad

Nature of Violation: Nation header image is a quickly flashing gif, I have a photosensitive disorder and this makes my head hurt, I think intense flashing imagery should be changed as a courtesy to players with epilepsy or other photosensitive conditions.

Edited by Oh Tiniest Bird
  • Upvote 1

2CmeZXo.gif

On 9/19/2019 at 5:22 AM, Oh Tiniest Bird said:

Nation Link: https://politicsandwar.com/nation/id=146719

Ruler Name: Dryad

Nature of Violation: Nation header image is a quickly flashing gif, I have a photosensitive disorder and this makes my head hurt, I think intense flashing imagery should be changed as a courtesy to players with epilepsy or other photosensitive conditions.

You can block the individual GIF from appearing in your browser using an ad blocker such as uBlock Origin which can be installed easily to most web browsers. Once done you can right click on the offending image and select "Block element...". A box will appear bottom right, you can preview the change to ensure you've selected the correct element (note for this particular offending element you will see the target is "i.imgur.com/Rkzfkml.gif"). Click "Create". That specific GIF should no longer display within websites in that web browser. I hope this helps.

I'm not against making that a rule.

Currently it isn't breaking rules by my understanding, the only rule is images need to be PG13. Something that devs in games that I have previously played have asked for and that I like to do, is to challenge these edge-cases of things that aren't against the rules but perhaps should be. Generally the more people do things that are questionable the more of an issue they become and thus rules tend to become more fleshed out and improve by including these things and straight up mention them to not be allowed. It was the same with the fake-nation pages which did happen to get banned, challenging the rules may very well improve them.

That's my justification to why I think what I'm doing isn't wrong. The reason I have that header on the other hand is simply because I like it, certainly though I can find a header that is more easy going on eyes which I also like.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Biggest-Bloc-1.png

Edited by Buck Turgidson

Are you originally from Earth, too?

Proud owner of Harry's goat. It's mine now.

I now own MinesomeMC's goat, too. It's starting to look like a herd.

Yep, it is a herd. Aldwulf has added his goat, too, and it ain't Irish.

• Administrators

Personally, I don't think the image in question here is flashing quickly enough to cause any epileptic reactions. We have not received any complaints from anyone with a real epileptic condition.

@Dryad You're welcome to change it if you'd like to be nice to the folks who have asked you to here, but I am not going to require it.

While it's not officially a rule, I will ask or force-change myself extremely annoying/flashing imagery if it becomes a problem, and I have done so in the past.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

• Alex locked this topic