Slot filling

Blink

unknown.png

unknown.png

Interestingly enough neither were attempts at slot filling, both Morgrim and Calvin were inactive for more than 7 days as applicants with a reasonable amount on them. I declared war after their loot and and they immediately logged on to my surprise, which is comproved by the timestamps - if anything those were failed raiding attempts upon my own inactive members.

source.gif

Edited by Daveth

1766851229_Signature(3).png.67758028f91a00025c4519db1afddca6.png

8 hours ago, Daveth said:

unknown.png

unknown.png

Interestingly enough neither were attempts at slot filling, both Morgrim and Calvin were inactive for more than 7 days as applicants with a reasonable amount on them. I declared war after their loot and and they immediately logged on to my surprise, which is comproved by the timestamps - if anything those were failed raiding attempts upon my own inactive members.

source.gif

You know full well what you were doing as can be seen in your war declaration. 

You declared so the bad orange men couldn't raid his cash/resources. 

Edited by Blink

The rules state it's about whether the war was declared with the intent of winning it (although this means expired slots is banned). I'd also ask about whether all slots were filled, or if only one slot was filled.

16 hours ago, Blink said:

You know full well what you were doing as can be seen in your war declaration. 

You declared so the bad orange men couldn't raid his cash/resources. 

Rather so I could have them myself, really. :v 
You can't blame a pirate for wanting some loot.

3 hours ago, Inst said:

The rules state it's about whether the war was declared with the intent of winning it (although this means expired slots is banned). I'd also ask about whether all slots were filled, or if only one slot was filled.

The bad orange knights had taken already two slots, I just didn't wanna miss out on the fun, my intent thus, was to loot him via beige, as explained in my previous post.

Edited by Daveth

1766851229_Signature(3).png.67758028f91a00025c4519db1afddca6.png

4 hours ago, Daveth said:

Rather so I could have them myself, really. :v 
You can't blame a pirate for wanting some loot.

The bad orange knights had taken already two slots, I just didn't wanna miss out on the fun, my intent thus, was to loot him via beige, as explained in my previous post.

You have yet to peace the war, so even if that was your intent, you're now legitimately slot filling by letting the war expire instead of immediately ending it with peace once he logged on. 

Look up to the sky above~

On 9/18/2019 at 2:14 PM, Inst said:

No, it has everything to do with the relationship the belligerents have to each other. Intent to win has nothing to do with it according to recent precedent, and according to recent precedent this is way way beyond the line. The only remaining question is if different standards apply to IQ aligned nations than GoB nations.

War Slot & Espionage Filling

Declaring war on a nation without the intention of fighting them is punishable by a nation strike and additional punishment for multiple violations. You are not allowed to declare war on nations to prevent them from being attacked by other nations. This same rule applies with spies and espionage operations. Knowingly participating in having your war or spy slots filled is also considered a violation of this rule.

Moderation discretion must be applied when interpreting and enforcing this rule. An example of behavior violating the rules would be declaring war on a nation and sending attacks with minimal units, or using 'Fortify', to appear to be fighting a war, when in reality the attacker has no intention to fight and win the war.

If you're talking about KT/ET slot fill, the final ruling was that he attacked a target that was fighting the same side and more importantly, failed to launch any attacks or peace out the war after 24 hours.

In this case, the bigger problem was that there was a termination of hostilities without clearing the slot starting September 16th. Attacks only resumed on September 19th, and the war in total expired. If this was an attempt at raiding inactive allies, the war should have been either fully prosecuted despite the fortifications or peaced out.

If you're talking about KT/ET slot fill, the final ruling was that he attacked a target that was fighting the same side and more importantly, failed to launch any attacks or peace out the war after 24 hours.

In this case, the bigger problem was that there was a termination of hostilities without clearing the slot starting September 16th. Attacks only resumed on September 19th, and the war in total expired. If this was an attempt at raiding inactive allies, the war should have been either fully prosecuted then despite the fortifications or peaced out once the target became active again.

My change in stance is the war expiration. If the war didn't expire, I would continue to defend the legitimacy of this declaration.

Edited by Inst

• Jax locked this topic