Satellite Projects revisited.

Prefontaine

Original Projects
Space Program
Spy Satellite
Telecommunications Satellite

From what Sheepy's mentioned is that these projects will likely be coming out in one way or another sometime in the coming month(s). There was another satellite project that was included, a military one, which was met with less approval from the community. The original incarnation allowed for increased purchase rates for units and increased capacity for units. I wanted to see what sort of alternative ideas people have.

Some of the ideas I'm currently leaning towards are along the lines involve reducing the impact of superiority. Ground superiority currently gives a 33% reduction in the field-able aircraft and air superiority currently reduces the effectiveness of tanks by 50%. With the military project the tank effectiveness can be dropped to 33% and the aircraft reduction can be reduced to 20%. In addition I would like this project to reduce military upkeep by 20% (not food for soldiers, just cash costs)

There are plenty ways this project can buff things, but I sort of like the idea of it impacting superiority. Other ideas which have been brought up:

• Start offensive wars with 1 more MAP.
  • Start defensive wars with opponent having one less MAP.
  • Increase unit production by 10% per day (similar to prop bureau).
  • Increase military improvement unit storage capacities.
  • Increase effectiveness of unit strength.
  • Decrease loss rates of your units.
  • Increase the number of offensive war slots you have
  • Increase resistance by 10

I'd like to hear other ideas people have regarding this possible project.

• Upvote 4

scSqPGJ.gif

Honestly I'm not sure how a satellite can effect things like unit production or unit storage. Increased unit effectiveness or decreased casualties seem to be the obvious outcomes for the increased Intel a satellite can provide. 

Which makes me wonder whether a counter-project is an option. Some sort of deception operation that can negate or lessen the effects of a military satellite 

Satellites can boost unit effectiveness By providing real time information on enemy approaches.

It can also increase nuke detection and blocking by the vds.

By providing imaging capabilities, it can increase resource production as well

It can also boost spy effectiveness too.

But seeing as this project will be heavily OP, either make the cost ultra huge or make it an alliance project-one nation in an alliance has it and gets 100% of its effectiveness with all other nations in the alliance getting to use a small percentage, say 1%, of the effects, fixed to a cap of say 5% of the total effectiveness of the project.

• Downvote 1

52 minutes ago, ShadyAssassin said:

Satellites can boost unit effectiveness By providing real time information on enemy approaches.

It can also increase nuke detection and blocking by the vds.

By providing imaging capabilities, it can increase resource production as well

It can also boost spy effectiveness too.

But seeing as this project will be heavily OP, either make the cost ultra huge or make it an alliance project-one nation in an alliance has it and gets 100% of its effectiveness with all other nations in the alliance getting to use a small percentage, say 1%, of the effects, fixed to a cap of say 5% of the total effectiveness of the project.

That is not how alliance projects should work if implemented, and they should be. 

• Downvote 1

An other military option, for a space program should be an upgraded version of the Missile Launch Pad, to a kinetic weapon program. That maybe can be used to hit units, instead of improvements and infra. 
Else it can maybe be focused to take out improvements, where they blow up 3, with a cost of less damage to infra, and a higher price of restocking, which alreadry make sense, as you need to send a rocket to space each time you need to fill it up. 

Edited by Zim

tenor (1).gif

• 7 months later...

Telecommunications Satellite:
Requirements: Space Program,  International Trade Center
Cost:
Cash: $40,000,000
Bauxite: 20,000
Uranium: 20,000
Oil: 20,000
Munitions: 10,000
Steel: 10,000
Aluminum: 10,000
Iron: 1,000
Lead: 1,000

Effect: Increases the commerce rate in each city by 2%. Increases the maximum commerce rates in cities to 125%. Reduces city improvement upkeep by 10%. Reduces resource production upkeep by 10%

This seems a bit too OP, this will just inflate the prices more and the whales will make even more cash. Which again will lead to higher resource prices. 
I find it a good idea but it's hurting the low tier and slowing them down.

Might add; we saw what happened when CP and ACP got implemented.

32204241a4480364cfebb04c10bf72cfaeb4dce2x696.gif
Former Manager t$ and Director of R&D
Former Director of Finance, Security in e$
Founder of The Prate Syndicate(test server)
luffyt$forum.gif

Guest Elijah Mikaelson
2 minutes ago, MonkeyDLegend said:

Telecommunications Satellite:
Requirements: Space Program,  International Trade Center
Cost:
Cash: $40,000,000
Bauxite: 20,000
Uranium: 20,000
Oil: 20,000
Munitions: 10,000
Steel: 10,000
Aluminum: 10,000
Iron: 1,000
Lead: 1,000

Effect: Increases the commerce rate in each city by 2%. Increases the maximum commerce rates in cities to 125%. Reduces city improvement upkeep by 10%. Reduces resource production upkeep by 10%

This seems a bit too OP, this will just inflate the prices more and the whales will make even more cash. Which again will lead to higher resource prices. 
I find it a good idea but it's hurting the low tier and slowing them down.

Might add; we saw what happened when CP and ACP got implemented.

2% is huge as well, for how cheap it is

1 minute ago, Elijah Mikaelson said:

2% is huge as well, for how cheap it is

it's cheap bc we have it stockpiled, a city 20 nation would have to save up for a while and will be slowed down in terms of city growth. 

Could make it so 1st city is maxed 125% commerce, then i gradually decreases, like 0.20-0.25%commerce, all the way down to 115%.  that way when you reach c40/50 the project is useless.

luffyt$forum.gif

Guest Elijah Mikaelson
1 minute ago, MonkeyDLegend said:

it's cheap bc we have it stockpiled, a city 20 nation would have to save up for a while and will be slowed down in terms of city growth. 

Could make it so 1st city is maxed 125% commerce, then i gradually decreases, like 0.20-0.25%commerce, all the way down to 115%.  that way when you reach c40/50 the project is useless.

but with that, would their become a point where its not worth buying any more cities as you wont make anything? most cities now only add anywhere from 400k to 750k a day to your income.

3 minutes ago, Elijah Mikaelson said:

but with that, would their become a point where its not worth buying any more cities as you wont make anything? most cities now only add anywhere from 400k to 750k a day to your income.

Not really, once you go above c40(if we do 0.25% decrease) or c50(if the decrease is 0.20%) then you'll have 115% commerce still. 

It just makes the project worthless above the project-city limit, which would make it worth to buy it in early game-play. 

Edited by MonkeyDLegend
luffyt$forum.gif