P&W Balls: Wars with Arrgh

Zim

46 minutes ago, Aragorn, son of Arathorn said:

I don’t think this will age well lmao.

They never do. The political situation change faster than the time it take to make these.
I am always amazed how quick Ripper was able to get them out, but it also easy to understand why he stopped making them. 

Edited by Zim
  • Like 1

tenor (1).gif

3 hours ago, Avakael said:

I only realised this was a new comic when we reached the 2nd to last panel. How much did you nick from Acadia's bank?

Nothing, unless Zim started making the comic two or three years ago lol.

Really the funniest part about the comic is the implication that we actually have anything worth stealing, it's very refreshing. 

Edit: Friendly reminder that TC is still the only group of AAs that ever got Arrgh to surrender in a war ?

Edited by TheNG
  • Upvote 1

"They say the secret to success is being at the right place at the right time. But since you never know when the right time is going to be, I figure the trick is to find the right place and just hang around!"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<Kastor> He left and my !@#$ nation is !@#$ed up. And the Finance guy refuses to help. He just writes his !@#$ plays.

<Kastor> And laughs and shit.

<Kastor> And gives out !@#$ huge loans to Arthur James, that !@#$ bastard.

12 minutes ago, TheNG said:

Edit: Friendly reminder that TC is still the only group of AAs that ever got Arrgh to surrender in a war ?

It was more Alex changing the score system to ruin their low infra high mil build that defeated them. TC's military fumblings are akin to some sweaty highschooler trying to take his girlfriends bra off for the first time. Eventually you give up, and she takes care of it for you. That was Alex. 

• Haha 6

scSqPGJ.gif

13 minutes ago, Prefontaine said:

It was more Alex changing the score system to ruin their low infra high mil build that defeated them. TC's military fumblings are akin to some sweaty highschooler trying to take his girlfriends bra off for the first time. Eventually you give up, and she takes care of it for you. That was Alex. 

I forgot he changed that a few days before the war started, you're right. Still, that metaphor assumes that Alex would ever actually be helpful, and we've both played the game long enough to know about that

Also obligatory pirates mad (x24). Arrgh just couldn't stand up to Clarke's incredible power and had to get Parti to bail them out 3 months later ?

• Haha 1

"They say the secret to success is being at the right place at the right time. But since you never know when the right time is going to be, I figure the trick is to find the right place and just hang around!"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<Kastor> He left and my !@#$ nation is !@#$ed up. And the Finance guy refuses to help. He just writes his !@#$ plays.

<Kastor> And laughs and shit.

<Kastor> And gives out !@#$ huge loans to Arthur James, that !@#$ bastard.

25 minutes ago, Prefontaine said:

Alex literally made ground control down 100% of a nations airforce in the middle of our war with PC where we were going full aircraft and no ground and we still mopped the floor with them despite us being outnumbered 2:1. Arrgh choose to start a war after an update and we're supposed to be sorry that they are incompetent? They should've either not started a war or just "got gud" instead.

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

3 hours ago, TheNG said:

Nothing, unless Zim started making the comic two or three years ago lol.

More like around two weeks ago, when i started on this comic. I know we hit alot of your low tier in revenge for your attack on Yarr, where Boyce hit on of your guys with like 9-8 cities, or something like that, i remember i found it hilarious. 
And does wars was quite profitable if i remember correctly, i think i got like 20.000 in food of one your dudes. 

But then we moved on soon after. 

tenor (1).gif

7 hours ago, Prefontaine said:

From my perspective, NAC and its allies won, Arrgh lost.  The End.  Beyond that, there were zero Fs given by anyone at NAC.  To take your analogy further, we didn't care, we had sex.  Hot, sweaty teenage sex.  The kind you look back fondly on years later and write a song about if you're Bob Seger. 

If people want to try to belittle what happened, I still can't manage to care. ?

• Like 1

Amusing anecdote from the Purple Spy war, as an alternative to the giant DNR imposition I offered Emmad a freebie war assist from Arrgh, as I had launched the war on the suspicion that UPN was preparing to attack Arrgh, which proved to be false information.  UPN refused this.

3 months later, UPN and friends narrowly lost a war where we, Arrgh, changed the balance of power.  If Emmad had taken me up on our offer instead of imposing their terms on us, they would have won and history would have been different.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
tvPWtuA.gif

21 hours ago, Zim said:

They never do. The political situation change faster than the time it take to make these.
I am always amazed how quick Ripper was able to get them out, but it also easy to understand why he stopped making them. 

Hint: My boss was not happy with my performance.

Hint 2: My job is not making comics. :v

• Haha 2

As an aside, there is an incredible amount of revisionist history being written in here.  Syndicate did not 'bail out' Arrgh, it was part of the compensation package offered to us to participate on the side of Syndisphere. Ironically the DNR terms specifically allowed for alliance wars, assuming this clause would only benefit UPN.

The intervention on behalf of Syndicate was entirely due to the hubris of UPN and DEIC in the Purple Spy War.  This led to a glorious working partnership with Syndisphere which sadly ended with the rise of TKR to prominence who sought to end our reign of terror on the high seas.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3
tvPWtuA.gif

On 9/16/2019 at 9:35 PM, Ripper said:

Hint: My boss was not happy with my performance.

Hint 2: My job is not making comics. :v

Deduction: You now have more time for comics? :P

On 9/16/2019 at 10:49 PM, Ogaden said:

As an aside, there is an incredible amount of revisionist history being written in here.  Syndicate did not 'bail out' Arrgh, it was part of the compensation package offered to us to participate on the side of Syndisphere. Ironically the DNR terms specifically allowed for alliance wars, assuming this clause would only benefit UPN.

The intervention on behalf of Syndicate was entirely due to the hubris of UPN and DEIC in the Purple Spy War.  This led to a glorious working partnership with Syndisphere which sadly ended with the rise of TKR to prominence who sought to end our reign of terror on the high seas.

You're Welcome.

• Like 2

os9LcJK.gif