Remember Treasure Island?

Ogaden

31 minutes ago, Malleator said:

I've said it before, I'll say it again, PnW needs a finite resource to fight over. Zero sum games are way funnier than infinite boring resource games.

The only thing I could think of is land, but I have no clue how that would work. Maybe when you win a war you just get 5% of the losers land and maybe access to some of their improvements?

• Like 1

unknown_3_1_65.png

2 hours ago, Rosier said:

no TL;DR ?

Years ago t$ created Treasure Island, an alliance that accepted members from various alliances of the $indisphere, I think it was around 300 players and back then we had like half of the nations we have now, in that way they had a lot of treasures (over 10 for sure) in the same alliance and everyone got a huge bonus from treasures (back then the treasure bonus was higher if you had many treasures in the same alliance)

I remember t$, Mensa, Guardian, Chola and Cornerstone who are now merged into BK, t$ protectorates + some other alliance and random players

TKR didn't joined because was a sort of abuse of the game mechanics and we had like 6-7 treasures for ourselves so is not like we had problems

After complains Alex changed the rules and lowered the treasure bonus, the alliance was then disbanded and players returned to their original alliances

-This post was sponsored by Casimir

Edited by Micchan
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

frick yea, welcome back Ogaden.

Let's do more piratey stuff this time around.

Oh and for those imbeciles here, this isnt meant to be a TI post. It is a post which signifies the (founder?) of Arrgh, the guy with the most DoW posts and the one to fight the most alliance wars in Orbis is back in-game and shall be poached to ET.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Rosier said:

no TL;DR ?

And you may find yourself living in a shotgun shack. And you may find yourself in another part of the world. And you may find yourself behind the wheel of a large automobile. And you may find yourself in a beautiful house with a beautiful wife. And you may ask yourself, "Well, how did I get here?" Letting the days go by, let the water hold me down. Letting the days go by, water flowing underground. Into the blue again after the money's gone. Once in a lifetime, water flowing underground. And you may ask yourself, "How do I work this?" And you may ask yourself, "Where is that large automobile?" And you may tell yourself, "This is not my beautiful house" And you may tell yourself, "This is not my beautiful wife." Letting the days go by, let the water hold me down. Letting the days go by, water flowing underground. Into the blue again after the money's gone. Once in a lifetime, water flowing underground. Same as it ever was, same as it ever was. Same as it ever was, same as it ever was. Same as it ever was, same as it ever was. Same as it ever was, same as it ever was. Water dissolving and water removed. There is water at the bottom of the ocean. Under the water, carry the water. Removed water (Water dissolving and water removed) remove, remove, remove, remove, remove. Letting the days go by, let the water hold me down. Letting the days go by, water flowing underground. Into the blue again, into the silent water. Under the rocks and stones, there is water underground. Letting the days go by, let the water hold me down. Letting the days go by, water flowing underground. Into the blue again after the money's gone. Once in a lifetime, water flowing underground. You may ask yourself, "What is that beautiful house?" You may ask yourself, "Where does that highway go to?" And you may ask yourself, "Am I right? Am I wrong?" And you may say to yourself, "My God, what have I done?" Letting the days go by, let the water hold me down. Letting the days go by, water flowing underground. Into the blue again, into the silent waterUnder the rocks and stones, t here is water underground. Letting the days go by, let the water hold me down. Letting the days go by, water flowing underground. Into the blue again after the money's gone. Once in a lifetime, water flowing underground. Same as it ever was, same as it ever was. Same as it ever was, look where my hand was. Time isn't holding up, time isn't after us. Same as it ever was, same as it ever was. Same as it ever was, same as it ever was. Same as it ever was, same as it ever was. Rah ta tum ay no no, same as it ever was. Yeah, the twister comes, here comes the twister. Letting the days go by. Same as it ever was, same as it ever was. Letting the days go by. Same as it ever was, same as it ever was. Once in a lifetime. Let the water hold me down. Letting the days go by. Water flowing underground. Letting the days go by. Water flowing underground.

• Like 3
  • Downvote 1

8 hours ago, Malleator said:

I've said it before, I'll say it again, PnW needs a finite resource to fight over. Zero sum games are way funnier than infinite boring resource games.

7 hours ago, Changeup said:

The only thing I could think of is land, but I have no clue how that would work. Maybe when you win a war you just get 5% of the losers land and maybe access to some of their improvements?

The suggestion exists:

• Like 1

Treasure Island was some good stuff - back when people were creative with things. I remember someone stole their bank or part of the bank and my alliance was able to get that portion back - thems were the Jessica Rabbit days.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/14/2019 at 9:06 AM, Micchan said:

Years ago t$ created Treasure Island, an alliance that accepted members from various alliances of the $indisphere, I think it was around 300 players and back then we had like half of the nations we have now, in that way they had a lot of treasures (over 10 for sure) in the same alliance and everyone got a huge bonus from treasures (back then the treasure bonus was higher if you had many treasures in the same alliance)

I remember t$, Mensa, Guardian, Chola and Cornerstone who are now merged into BK, t$ protectorates + some other alliance and random players

TKR didn't joined because was a sort of abuse of the game mechanics and we had like 6-7 treasures for ourselves so is not like we had problems

After complains Alex changed the rules and lowered the treasure bonus, the alliance was then disbanded and players returned to their original alliances

-This post was sponsored by Casimir

TI (properly known as The Dongminion) wasn't just for $yndisphere alliances (though it was much more profitable for them), it was open to any nation who wanted in. You had to pay very high taxes to join, but the bonus made it more than worth it, which is why so many nations joined and to this day it is still the largest alliance to have ever existed in terms of total score (outside of a certain bug that occurred once...). 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

a.k.a. Chaunce

Chaunce - Today at 9:55 PM
with the watermelons there isn't much space left
I still have a lot of room to improve

Manthrax Has Venomous Bite! - Today at 9:57 PM
Hee hee. Room indeed.

Sabriel - Today at 10:01 PM
I feel like, if the other AAs knew how we act, they'd feel a deep sense of shame in knowing that they consistently get beat by us.
when we talk about how many vegetables we can fit in Chaunce's ass.

4 hours ago, Flame of the Flawed said:

to this day it is still the largest alliance to have ever existed in terms of total score (outside of a certain bug that occurred once...). 

Rose wants to speak with you.  That was no bug sir.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Sisyphus said:

Could you repeat that, Abbas? I'm afraid I didn't hear me the first time. 

Sorry forgot to logout. So I was saying

That was quite intentional and all part of a greater plan. 

• Haha 1

I am not a member of Guardian p&w

f2VouKU.png