Editing amounts and prices

MonkeyDLegend

Guest Elijah Mikaelson

I personally think we need to revamp the whole trade system, Mainly due to the people who list the same 50,000 food like 10 times and there should also be a cost to placing it on the market say 5% so you would have to work that in to the cost as well, there's so many things that can be done.

Once someone list 50,000 it is taken from their nation until a buyer is found, if no buyer is found within 168 hours they lose the 5% it would have cost them to try and sell it. so if you are listing 1m ad something crazy like 5000 ppu, that's 5 billion so 5% would be 250m this would also stop people from trying to hide resources on the market.

This would first of all make people think more carefully about market trades and how they price them, it will also stop people listing the same 50,000 ten times just to try and be the lowest.

Edited by Elijah Mikaelson

12 hours ago, Micchan said:

Also if you're blockaded the trade offer disappears and you have to make another one after the blockade, they should only be invisible and become active again after the blockade

:100:

13 minutes ago, Elijah Mikaelson said:

I personally think we need to revamp the whole trade system, Mainly due to the people who list the same 50,000 food like 10 times and there should also be a cost to placing it on the market say 5% so you would have to work that in to the cost as well, there's so many things that can be done.

Once someone list 50,000 it is taken from their nation until a buyer is found, if no buyer is found within 168 hours they lose the 5% it would have cost them to try and sell it. so if you are listing 1m ad something crazy like 5000 ppu, that's 5 billion so 5% would be 250m this would also stop people from trying to hide resources on the market.

This would first of all make people think more carefully about market trades and how they price them, it will also stop people listing the same 50,000 ten times just to try and be the lowest.

What if they just delete the offer before 168h and then repost it ? 

32204241a4480364cfebb04c10bf72cfaeb4dce2x696.gif
Former Manager t$ and Director of R&D
Former Director of Finance, Security in e$
Founder of The Prate Syndicate(test server)
luffyt$forum.gif

Guest Elijah Mikaelson
7 minutes ago, MonkeyDLegend said:

What if they just delete the offer before 168h and then repost it ? 

Well if they delete it they lose the 5%, everything but a sale will lose you the 5% even if someone tries to buy it and you do not have it on hand you will lose the 5%

12 minutes ago, Elijah Mikaelson said:

Well if they delete it they lose the 5%, everything but a sale will lose you the 5% even if someone tries to buy it and you do not have it on hand you will lose the 5%

Thats kinda huge, also i'm not sure, we do need to lower the amounts but it can be done by other means than this one.

• Like 1
luffyt$forum.gif

Guest Elijah Mikaelson
5 minutes ago, MonkeyDLegend said:

Thats kinda huge, also i'm not sure, we do need to lower the amounts but it can be done by other means than this one.

Well when its free to post trades people do so willingly, most games i play it cost to place trades 

10 minutes ago, Elijah Mikaelson said:

Well when its free to post trades people do so willingly, most games i play it cost to place trades 

I mean trasportation of goods has a cost, it's something that should be added but not 5% of it, that's too huge.

Edited by MonkeyDLegend
luffyt$forum.gif

Guest Elijah Mikaelson
39 minutes ago, MonkeyDLegend said:

I mean trasportation of goods has a cost, it's something that should be added but not 5% of it, that's too huge.

5% was just a number, could be lower.

Seems like it would drive down prices. Nobody would want to lose their 5% so everyone would undercut their oppo. I mean this happens now to a degree, hence the desire behind the original suggestion, but effectively fining players for being undercut can only increase it

• Like 1

On 9/16/2019 at 7:10 AM, Mandystalin said:

Seems like it would drive down prices. Nobody would want to lose their 5% so everyone would undercut their oppo. I mean this happens now to a degree, hence the desire behind the original suggestion, but effectively fining players for being undercut can only increase it

Could just increase the % of the cost each time you edit/ undercut someone and cap it at 5%. 

luffyt$forum.gif

On 9/15/2019 at 6:32 AM, Elijah Mikaelson said:

So as I understand it, your suggestion is to have [if trade is unsuccessful, charge 5%] right? If we're going for a full revamp, I'd love to also see something implemented where you could also lose an extra 10% to have the source be kept secret. So like no one knows who listed the trade, just that it's listed. And that 10% would come out time of trade creation, and be tacked on in addition to the 5% penalty for having a trade fail after n hours timer or being cancelled.

greene.png

Formerly known as Grealind of Resvernas (28 October 2014-29 August 2017) and Greene of Japan (29 August 2017-28 Septmber 2017)

7th Caretaker of Duat, the Deity Thoth

Guest Elijah Mikaelson
17 minutes ago, Greene said:

So as I understand it, your suggestion is to have [if trade is unsuccessful, charge 5%] right? If we're going for a full revamp, I'd love to also see something implemented where you could also lose an extra 10% to have the source be kept secret. So like no one knows who listed the trade, just that it's listed. And that 10% would come out time of trade creation, and be tacked on in addition to the 5% penalty for having a trade fail after n hours timer or being cancelled.

that would be cool also