The Hidden Cost of Winning

MRBOOTY

On 9/13/2019 at 8:05 PM, Inconnu said:

The most important reason why this war should stop is that's it's boring as f%&#. But the numbers are probably true, I'm still making more than 20M per day at 800 Infra. This could go on forever unfortunately.

Said the guy who is blockaded and plundered

56 minutes ago, Elijah Mikaelson said:

Fast forward to 2029

Col A: We making you burn resources
Col B: We make more than we spend

Leap forward 2039

Col A: We making you burn resources
Col B: We make more than we spend

See you all in 2049 

Why do you care? just keep making profit of the war you dodged. and if that did't work go to VM and abandon your alliance. you should know these stuff you are the expert 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Guest Elijah Mikaelson
15 minutes ago, Faravahar said:

Said the guy who is blockaded and plundered

Why do you care? just keep making profit of the war you dodged. and if that did't work go to VM and abandon your alliance. you should know these stuff you are the expert 

Yeah got blockaded and plundered by the very same people I joined the war for (Odin and the tCW guy was begged by BK to hit me as well BK has no whales), just like everyone else who left the war got hit for not wanting to remain a meat shield for BK, as for a war dodger, you might want to check your stats, willing to bet i took and did more damage than your nation but sure call that a war dodge.

You lack knowledge of the truth, I would say you need to spend more time to gain knowledge then come back with your name calling and silly claims.

15 hours ago, Frawley said:

unknown.png

Example of daily P/L for 2019-09-14

... but your model still does not account for upkeep, which as I just demonstrated would flip even these numbers.

Also that steel gap is absolutely incredible (and kinda the main reason why you guys are so far ahead number-wise here). Hopefully my coalition will start using less steel...

MR BOOTY IN DA HOUSE

2 minutes ago, MRBOOTY said:

... but your model still does not account for upkeep, which as I just demonstrated would flip even these numbers.

Also that steel gap is absolutely incredible (and kinda the main reason why you guys are so far ahead number-wise here). Hopefully my coalition will start using less steel...

It's net, not gross, it literally accounts for all upkeep. Get your head out of your ass lmfao.

• Upvote 2

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

7 hours ago, Elijah Mikaelson said:

Yeah got blockaded and plundered by the very same people I joined the war for (Odin and the tCW guy was begged by BK to hit me as well BK has no whales), just like everyone else who left the war got hit for not wanting to remain a meat shield for BK, as for a war dodger, you might want to check your stats, willing to bet i took and did more damage than your nation but sure call that a war dodge.

You lack knowledge of the truth, I would say you need to spend more time to gain knowledge then come back with your name calling and silly claims.

I wasn't talking to you when I said being blockaded and plundered. I was talking to @Inconnu who bragged about making 20m a day. And I with 18 cities have higher net damage than you with 33 cities so don't bet on that. I know what happened to Yakuza and that's enough "knowledge" for me.

• Downvote 1

3 hours ago, Malal said:

It's net, not gross, it literally accounts for all upkeep. Get your head out of your ass lmfao.

No it doesn't, actually read the chart, i know reading is hard for you. It doesn't actually mention units or upkeep of anything at all.

Edited by Akuryo
  • Downvote 3

18 hours ago, Frawley said:

Example of daily P/L for 2019-09-14

Could we normalize this on a per-city basis?  Obviously, if you guys are bigger it's gonna have more net profits, but the per-city comparison will be able to actually show opportunity cost.

Also, as for upkeep costs, I can extrapolate on a per-city basis using your stats for unit breakdown.  These are net additional costs for coalition b cities versus coalition a cities.

Soldiers: (8740 - 3349) * (1.88 + 149/500) = $11,523.80

Tanks: (152 - 25) * 75 = $9,525.00

Planes: (71 - 9) * 750 = $46,500

Ships: (3 -  0.5) * 5625 =  $14,062.50

Total: $81,6111.30

4 hours ago, MRBOOTY said:

All military, improvement and other upkeep is included in the model. Its been tested against multiple alliances and it's usually at most a few cents off per nation per day.

14 minutes ago, Frawley said:

All military, improvement and other upkeep is included in the model. Its been tested against multiple alliances and it's usually at most a few cents off per nation per day.

Where's the upkeep shown, everything is labeled as resources. Closest it gets is milcashcost which I assume is the cost of buying units.

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Akuryo said:

Where's the upkeep shown, everything is labeled as resources. Closest it gets is milcashcost which I assume is the cost of buying units.

Upkeep isn't shown, I just gave the net figures.

3 hours ago, Cooper_ said:

Could we normalize this on a per-city basis?  Obviously, if you guys are bigger it's gonna have more net profits, but the per-city comparison will be able to actually show opportunity cost.

Also, as for upkeep costs, I can extrapolate on a per-city basis using your stats for unit breakdown.  These are net additional costs for coalition b cities versus coalition a cities.

Soldiers: (8740 - 3349) * (1.88 + 149/500) = $11,523.80

Tanks: (152 - 25) * 75 = $9,525.00

Planes: (71 - 9) * 750 = $46,500

Ships: (3 -  0.5) * 5625 =  $14,062.50

Total: $81,6111.30

All upkeep is already included in the net numbers. 

54 minutes ago, Frawley said:

Upkeep isn't shown, I just gave the net figures.

Should include that so people don't assume it's just of the numbers shown. :P

1 hour ago, Inst said:

Latest Akuryo Dunning Kruger.

It's truly incredible how much effort you put into deepthroating NPO and acting as if you have any intelligence.

• Downvote 4

4 hours ago, Akuryo said:

No it doesn't, actually read the chart, i know reading is hard for you. It doesn't actually mention units or upkeep of anything at all.

I did, it literally says "net" above every single category so how about you quit being a dumbass

Edited by Malal
  • Upvote 4

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

First, Everyone used the Stats
Then, Everyone Mocked the stats,
Now, We have devolved into arguing what is included in the stats against stats that where posted by MRBOOTY.
Next we're going to be arguing if the . or , is the right separator for the place mark. Is it 1.000.000,00 or 1,000,000.00

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Bottom_Border Siggy.png

On 9/13/2019 at 8:58 PM, Pop said:

Half of your active wars are negative net damage, so perhaps you should refine your strategy chief.

Victory!

You have defeated your opponent by decreasing their Resistance to 0! You looted $9,564,229, 122 Coal, 9 Oil, 411 Uranium, 135 Iron, 83 Bauxite, 316 Lead, 278 Gasoline, 83 Munitions, 230 Steel, 37 Aluminum, and 47,368 Food. You also destroyed 4% of the infrastructure in each of their cities. Additionally, you have looted 0.07% of your opponent's alliance bank, taking: $57,804, 0 Coal, 0 Oil, 0 Uranium, 0 Iron, 0 Bauxite, 0 Lead, 0 Gasoline, 0 Munitions, 0 Steel, 0 Aluminum, and 0 Food.

Maybe I should refine my strategy.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

Victory!

You have defeated your opponent by decreasing their Resistance to 0! You looted $9,564,229, 122 Coal, 9 Oil, 411 Uranium, 135 Iron, 83 Bauxite, 316 Lead, 278 Gasoline, 83 Munitions, 230 Steel, 37 Aluminum, and 47,368 Food. You also destroyed 4% of the infrastructure in each of their cities. Additionally, you have looted 0.07% of your opponent's alliance bank, taking: $57,804, 0 Coal, 0 Oil, 0 Uranium, 0 Iron, 0 Bauxite, 0 Lead, 0 Gasoline, 0 Munitions, 0 Steel, 0 Aluminum, and 0 Food.

Maybe I should refine my strategy.

Yes I was clearly referring to raiding a zeroed inactive for loot as bad.

Certainly wasn't wondering why you'd bother keeping enough score to get downdec'd, and then nuking the guys that did it for -4.5m net damage a hit. When all you really needed to do is run a single boat to do that same looting.

23 hours ago, Malal said:

Oof I am dum

Edited by MRBOOTY

MR BOOTY IN DA HOUSE

22 hours ago, Faravahar said:

I wasn't talking to you when I said being blockaded and plundered. I was talking to @Inconnu who bragged about making 20m a day. And I with 18 cities have higher net damage than you with 33 cities so don't bet on that. I know what happened to Yakuza and that's enough "knowledge" for me.

Going into 8 wars at once will do that ? and damage is irrelevant at this point.