The Hidden Cost of Winning

MRBOOTY

1 hour ago, Aragorn, son of Arathorn said:

Were also making money that exceeds the upkeep. 

Says the guy that hasn't been in a war since 8/27.

But seriously other less fortunate souls are struggling to keep up with the 900+ planes that Coalition B demands should be their military set up now. Having that many planes can cost $600-1 mil per day and that's on top of other nation costs. And let's not get into the exorbitant costs it takes to launch one attack, up to 1.5 mil in resource cost per attack....

1 hour ago, Aragorn, son of Arathorn said:

Were also making money that exceeds the upkeep. 

Not with your proposed build plan of no Commerce and all Farms.

Should calculate that with your current alliance wide military upkeep.

1 hour ago, Buorhann said:

Not with your proposed build plan of no Commerce and all Farms.

Should calculate that with your current alliance wide military upkeep.

Compared to your plan of what? Sitting there with nothing? Your whole strategy relies on BK and NPO running out before you. Good luck lol.

3 hours ago, Loki the psycho said:

Still positive after upkeep, and still looting millions more per day.

Screenshot_2146.png

They have already paid for mine. And rebuilding my cities.  And no matter how long they prolong their whining, there's nothing they can do to take away my safekeepings. 

9 hours ago, MRBOOTY said:

Snip

military-expenditure-by-country-in-thous
Damn..... If only Roosevelt and Truman considered how expensive it was to maintain such a level of military expenses...... 

8 hours ago, Rebekah Mikaelson said:

BK might not but quite a few of BK allies are starting to get fed up of fighting for no further reason other than pride.

Peace is easy to achieve, for KERCHTOGG all they need to do is admit defeat. Until such time the war continues.

8 hours ago, Noctis Anarch Caelum said:

Post like Sphinx's where he said he might need to take time in vacation mode is probably the closest to warning you guys will get ahead if an ally is thinking of dropping out due to the pressure or whatever; so not sure if its worth pushing the 6 month NAP to hard if that is what's delaying any kind of peace. Personally I would think a 3 month NAP more normal, although up to you guys what you think its worth fighting for. I see nothing wrong with the war dragging out forever from where I'm sitting as well; so carry on. :P

Uhmm, you realise I said I was considering going into VM then because my father died and I had a lot on my plate. Fortunately I was able to sort that out (And the drama from the game was a welcome distraction from IRL problems) but if I ever had to go VM (In which I have no plans to do so now) I'd give my allies plenty of warning, and even if I did go VM, tCW would still be fighting until I return.

• Upvote 5

8 minutes ago, Sphinx said:

military-expenditure-by-country-in-thous
Damn..... If only Roosevelt and Truman considered how expensive it was to maintain such a level of military expenses...... 

Peace is easy to achieve, for KERCHTOGG all they need to do is admit defeat. Until such time the war continues.

Uhmm, you realise I said I was considering going into VM then because my father died and I had a lot on my plate. Fortunately I was able to sort that out (And the drama from the game was a welcome distraction from IRL problems) but if I ever had to go VM (In which I have no plans to do so now) I'd give my allies plenty of warning, and even if I did go VM, tCW would still be fighting until I return.

Any of the alliances who dropped out would have been a better example, so didn't mean to single you out. Although Kasper's thread asking if you guys were worried about the 500+ nations brought in & trying to appeal towards white peace didn't mention the NAP specifically; although considering Hodor said they would consider an admission of defeat without terms to be white peace; think at this point you guys are probably fighting over the 6 month NAP. :P

This got me thinking about the economic impact of the war on alliances, so I broke down damage received onto a per member basis. Using the count of all the members the stats site has registered as being in the alliance and fighting during the war. And only for Alliances that have taken at least 10bn damage because frick the plebs. Unsurprisingly GOB is at the top and Arrgh is at the bottom. 

image.thumb.png.8b67ff28ea05263e89a468e0cf9ebba3.png

What interests me about this data is that some Alliances are bearing quite a large amount of cost relative to the average. You can also really see the effect of TFP being hit by both sides

1 hour ago, Noctis Anarch Caelum said:

Any of the alliances who dropped out would have been a better example, so didn't mean to single you out. Although Kasper's thread asking if you guys were worried about the 500+ nations brought in & trying to appeal towards white peace didn't mention the NAP specifically; although considering Hodor said they would consider an admission of defeat without terms to be white peace; think at this point you guys are probably fighting over the 6 month NAP. :P

Pretty much all of the alliances who dropped out from our side were either micros, disbanded shortly after, or just died. The only alliance (No I'm not counting t$, CoA etc) of note that dropped (TUE) did so entirely due to legitimate IRL issues which we accepted. None of this changes the military landscape, until such time as substantial alliances like AK/ Carth/Camelot etc drop then parroting the "You guys are losing cause x number of alliances have dropped", isn't going to achieve anything. Regarding the Guinea Pig alliance, speaking on behalf of tCW its not a concern of ours at all it'll be months if not years before the Guinea Pigs have the ability to shift things in NPO's favour or contend against us in tiering which of course assumes they'll even keep them since most are inactive and some have already left the alliance and joined others.

16 minutes ago, Sphinx said:

Pretty much all of the alliances who dropped out from our side were either micros, disbanded shortly after, or just died. The only alliance (No I'm not counting t$, CoA etc) of note that dropped (TUE) did so entirely due to legitimate IRL issues which we accepted. None of this changes the military landscape, until such time as substantial alliances like AK/ Carth/Camelot etc drop then parroting the "You guys are losing cause x number of alliances have dropped", isn't going to achieve anything. Regarding the Guinea Pig alliance, speaking on behalf of tCW its not a concern of ours at all it'll be months if not years before the Guinea Pigs have the ability to shift things in NPO's favour or contend against us in tiering which of course assumes they'll even keep them since most are inactive and some have already left the alliance and joined others.

The more stubborn both sides are on peace is probably a net gain for me as a neutral observer. Although people were saying it was mostly Yakuza keeping Citadel in before, no idea how it is now.

7 hours ago, Pop said:

This got me thinking about the economic impact of the war on alliances, so I broke down damage received onto a per member basis. Using the count of all the members the stats site has registered as being in the alliance and fighting during the war. And only for Alliances that have taken at least 10bn damage because frick the plebs. Unsurprisingly GOB is at the top and Arrgh is at the bottom. 

image.thumb.png.8b67ff28ea05263e89a468e0cf9ebba3.png

What interests me about this data is that some Alliances are bearing quite a large amount of cost relative to the average. You can also really see the effect of TFP being hit by both sides

I'm no expert, and I've been kinda inactive, but since when has TKR had 178 nations? Or Rose at 118? BK hasn't had 165 in awhile? and Arrgh! at 149? NPO at 198?

I assume you're counting applicants but....they shouldn't count, at all.

IMG_2989.png?ex=65e9efa9&is=65d77aa9&hm=

6 hours ago, Sphinx said:

Speaking of, I counted the members in each activity beacon/diamond just yesterday for the Guinea Pig Whaling Corp:
Purple (active more than 7 days ago) = 102
Red (active in the last 7 days) = 92
Orange (active in the last 3 days) = 111

Therefore their 515 membership less:
Purples = 413 (~80% not Purple)
Purples & Red = 321 (~62% not Purple or Red)
Purples & Red & Orange = 210 (~40% not Purple, Red or Orange)

Edited by Zephyr

23 minutes ago, Inconnu said:

The most important reason why this war should stop is that's it's boring as f%&#. But the numbers are probably true, I'm still making more than 20M per day at 800 Infra. This could go on forever unfortunately.

Were ready to accept your surrender on the first day of Oct 2019 for a period of 24 hrs. Have it ready then and we can end it :)

0b3897cd640f95254329f7a2d45d8c77b1c120e.