The Hidden Cost of Winning

MRBOOTY

@MRBOOTY You should go see a doctor, I'm worried you might have dislocated your arm with that reach.

• Like 5
  • Downvote 3

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

If I'm wrong tell me why y'all are still fighting at this point. Since both sides have claimed victory. 1 one the first stage of the war, the other won over the entire duration. At this point its just 2 sets of ppl fighting with no purpose. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

1 minute ago, Rebekah Mikaelson said:

BK might not but quite a few of BK allies are starting to get fed up of fighting for no further reason other than pride.

By the same logic, Coalition A should be surrendering, because as their cities and their improvements are destroyed, they make less and less money due to less commerce and less population, correct? The point of a war chest and an alliance bank is to be able to fund wars and other involvements an alliance takes,

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Just now, Rebekah Mikaelson said:

If I'm wrong tell me why y'all are still fighting at this point. Since both sides have claimed victory. 1 one the first stage of the war, the other won over the entire duration. At this point its just 2 sets of ppl fighting with no purpose. 

Because the only side refusing to end this, is the one refusing to surrender. There are always things to fight for though, it just may not fit under your subjective lens as valid. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4

Just now, Tarroc said:

By the same logic, Coalition A should be surrendering, because as their cities and their improvements are destroyed, they make less and less money due to less commerce and less population, correct? The point of a war chest and an alliance bank is to be able to fund wars and other involvements an alliance takes,

In all fairness I see no point for them to peace out. All it gives is the chance to raid more ppl without repercussions since it's a war (take Arrgh players for example). And sure they're losing stuff but we are talking about a bunch of alliances that never minded losing things from the beginning. I mean, isn't that like their motto at this point? 

While it might in the end cost them more to repair than you, it will cost you more than them if this war drags out into next year. Which at the current rate, it will. 

4 minutes ago, Shadowthrone said:

Because the only side refusing to end this, is the one refusing to surrender. There are always things to fight for though, it just may not fit under your subjective lens as valid. 

You aren't wrong. Then again, they are refusing to surrender because of the same reason why Coalition B is still fighting so idk. I guess you just gotta keep the war going. 

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

13 minutes ago, Tarroc said:

And do you think Coalition B gives a shit about paying their upkeep?

Also, let me point out that this is the single largest reach I have ever seen on the forums, and I am genuinely hoping you are not serious, because if you are, you legitimately have a mental issue, be it a disability, or whatever.

7 minutes ago, Malal said:

@MRBOOTY You should go see a doctor, I'm worried you might have dislocated your arm with that reach.

Are you guys disputing my numbers, or claiming that an extra billion in upkeep is irrelevant?

Also saying I have a mental issue seems to be pretty OOC for a side that has constantly complained about toxicity and OOC attacks? I'm not offended, but I do think it's hypocritical. 

• Upvote 4

MR BOOTY IN DA HOUSE

Just now, Rebekah Mikaelson said:

In all fairness I see no point for them to peace out. All it gives is the chance to raid more ppl without repercussions since it's a war (take Arrgh players for example). And sure they're losing stuff but we are talking about a bunch of alliances that never minded losing things from the beginning. I mean, isn't that like their motto at this point? 

While it might in the end cost them more to repair than you, it will cost you more than them if this war drags out into next year. Which at the current rate, it will. 

You do know, we're making money, right? Our upkeep isn't in the negative, as Leo just pointed out. Not only are we making money, most alliances have large enough banks to handle something minor like UPKEEP. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Rebekah Mikaelson said:

That makes 0 sense. 

2 minutes ago, Rebekah Mikaelson said:

You aren't wrong. Then again, they are refusing to surrender because of the same reason why Coalition B is still fighting so idk. I guess you just gotta keep the war going. 

Ding ding ding! You finally figured it out! 

7 minutes ago, Tarroc said:

We have about the same infra as you, but you're paying much more in upkeep :P.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

MR BOOTY IN DA HOUSE

2 minutes ago, Shadowthrone said:

Post like Sphinx's where he said he might need to take time in vacation mode is probably the closest to warning you guys will get ahead if an ally is thinking of dropping out due to the pressure or whatever; so not sure if its worth pushing the 6 month NAP to hard if that is what's delaying any kind of peace. Personally I would think a 3 month NAP more normal, although up to you guys what you think its worth fighting for. I see nothing wrong with the war dragging out forever from where I'm sitting as well; so carry on. :P

8 minutes ago, Shadowthrone said:

I'm quite certain that's a logical leap that's not really based on ground realities. What's holding up peace is not the NAP insofar as Coalition A keeps changing goal posts with the hold up. It seems they don't want to surrender, sign a NAP or any terms whatsoever. We aren't interested in peace otherwise. 

That's shitty, and I'd suggest you take a step back and take a break from the forums/game if you're looking to attack people out of context of IC politics. More so, if you're posting publicly, I'd suggest you keep folks OOC health/mental-state outside of the purview of your comments/ counter-arguments. 

If you wish to debate the merits and demerits of his argument, you'll find support here. If you're only riposte is name-calling/OOC attacks, your post has lost the plot and your point is meaningless. 

I suppose you're correct. It has been a long and rough few weeks for me, and my temper has been short recently. @MRBOOTYI apologize for the attack. It was unbecoming. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Tarroc said:

I suppose you're correct. It has been a long and rough few weeks for me, and my temper has been short recently. @MRBOOTYI apologize for the attack. It was unbecoming. 

Thank you I appreciate you writing that, as well as the DM. I totally get the feeling of sometimes getting heated ?

2 minutes ago, Skae said:

I at least will dispute your numbers. If you take AK for example, we have an average of 1k infra. 

Rose on the other hand has an average of 500 infra. 

Rose can run net positive as long as they remove all the commerce buildings and other buildings adding up expenses that would otherwise put you in the negative with that low infra.

AK on the otherhand has 1k infra, commerce, daily ground attack cash, and net positive income as long as the nation has food. 

I can actually run it in a sheet later if you'd like to see. But on average, we mostly run soldiers and planes. The only reason someone would even be highly negative is if they had low infra and high military, meaning tanks and ships that are 2-3 times what you should even have. 

This is interesting and a good point for sure, but at the same time I have commerce buildings at relatively low infra and I'm making money.

• Upvote 2

MR BOOTY IN DA HOUSE

10 minutes ago, Shadowthrone said:

I'm quite certain that's a logical leap that's not really based on ground realities. What's holding up peace is not the NAP insofar as Coalition A keeps changing goal posts with the hold up. It seems they don't want to surrender, sign a NAP or any terms whatsoever. We aren't interested in peace otherwise.

I think Hodor said he didn’t care about an admission of defeat with no terms, so not sure myself. 

Although unless the NAP treats both sides the same, it will probably be viewed skeptically. (Do future Coalition A allies get included in the NAP & what if someone allied with Coalition B hits one of their allies during the NAP, etc) Shorter NAP & the technicalities matter less.

Run 600-700 infra with nothing but military improvs and power. I made like 850k/day not including raiding with that.

But otherwise nobody really cares about upkeep.