Dear leaders of warring alliances.

Prefontaine

20 hours ago, Maelstrom Vortex said:

Wanted to apologize for my crappy performance kicking your butt. Weekend came and I went to sleep *chortle*. Oh well, there's always round two.

Curse it.. someone already picked you up.

Wow, 11 whole offensives. Someone's been kicking a loooooot of butt~~~

• Haha 3

Humans cannot create anything out of nothingness. Humans cannot accomplish anything without holding onto something. After all, humans are not gods.

I think the biggest thing about this is, at least for NPO/BK side is they believe that waiting another 1-2 months will bleed out KETOG side, it won't. Most of these alliances have established communities that aren't going to be gone because they were in a long state of war. 

So the bigger question is, for individual alliances, what does your individual alliance gain by sticking around another 2 months? 

@TheNG @Malal @Lionstar @El Chach @Curufinwe @Odin 

And before anyone says anything, I don't really have a stake in this, I just believe its amusing you guys are letting NPO play you like a fiddle.

IMG_2989.png?ex=65e9efa9&is=65d77aa9&hm=

13 minutes ago, Kastor said:

So the bigger question is, for individual alliances, what does your individual alliance gain by sticking around another 2 months? 

It's pride.  Ego.  End of story.  

My only request is that this goes on long enough to get me over 4 billion looted.  plskthx

14 minutes ago, Rossiya said:

Seven deadly sins: pride, greed, lust, envy, gluttony, wrath, sloth...

Keep dying out of pride, we'll be happy to oblige.

Keep prying out of greed, gluttony, and wrath. We'll be happy to oblige.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Rossiya said:

Keep crying out of envy, we'll be happy to oblige.

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

Bottom_Border Siggy.png

7 hours ago, Hodor said:

See! Someone gets it! (despite the fact that exponentially is used incorrectly here, blast, there goes my pride again!)

image.png.0cdfda31f9e866a89946b1587675f99d.png

Soldiers are needed to play at being Arrgh-lite, like you guys have been for weeks now. And as their number grows linearly your pride grows exponentially as you can see in this example.

4 hours ago, Kastor said:

I think the biggest thing about this is, at least for NPO/BK side is they believe that waiting another 1-2 months will bleed out KETOG side, it won't. Most of these alliances have established communities that aren't going to be gone because they were in a long state of war. 

@TheNG @Malal @Lionstar @El Chach @Curufinwe @Odin 

And before anyone says anything, I don't really have a stake in this, I just believe its amusing you guys are letting NPO play you like a fiddle.

If the war ends this year I'll be quite disappointed in anti-memesphere. I'm hoping we can make the 2nd VietFAN look like a weekend getaway.

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

It's not really our fault if Buorhann wants to try to stall it out for a capitulation. TGH has always relied on other people having less endurance for their style of ambush hits to work and this hasn't even been as long as Knightfall. I'm not really sure why the people his sphere attacked would want to settle for anything less than a surrender in Covenant's case. It's KERTCHOGG's decision to drag it out. If he thinks people that didn't want to fight to begin with like EM deciding to do their thing is a big change, then it's his prerogative.

Edited by Roquentin

23 minutes ago, ArcKnox said:

Amazing how when it was IQ stalling out during AC it was stunning and brave.

I'm sure you mean ToT.

I mean it doesn't really matter to me personally if you want to drag it out. It's just not something that can be used as a guilt trip on us by some people and then have others  also saying we have an agenda to use everyone as a pawn because we have some sort of devious post-war plan when the people who are actually deciding to drag it out are acting confident and convinced of eventual capitulation while also gloating and implying they have aces up their sleeve for post-war revenge plots. I respect that you guys have staying power in wars. Plenty of people crack easily and it's encouraged in the community almost. It's always been to your advantage that others didn't have the same endurance and would crack much faster however.

Edited by Roquentin

17 hours ago, Rossiya said:

Art thou suggesting TCW is more virtuous than TKR??  Anyways I die when I delete!!  Keep trying big man, God loves a trier

• Upvote 2

Celer Et Audax

11 hours ago, Roquentin said:

I'm sure you mean ToT.

I mean it doesn't really matter to me personally if you want to drag it out. It's just not something that can be used as a guilt trip on us by some people and then have others  also saying we have an agenda to use everyone as a pawn because we have some sort of devious post-war plan when the people who are actually deciding to drag it out are acting confident and convinced of eventual capitulation while also gloating and implying they have aces up their sleeve for post-war revenge plots. I respect that you guys have staying power in wars. Plenty of people crack easily and it's encouraged in the community almost. It's always been to your advantage that others didn't have the same endurance and would crack much faster however.

I am confused by the whole wanting to drag it out aspects of these arguments. As far as I can tell, both sides don't necessarily require peace, but one side has a precondition for talks occurring. So if there is one side dragging it out, it's yours. This is not at all a damnation of dragging it out, we're all big kids who can make our own decisions, but let's at least acknowledge that if there is one barrier and its erected by your side, we are not the ones dragging it out.

34 minutes ago, Hodor said:

I am confused by the whole wanting to drag it out aspects of these arguments. As far as I can tell, both sides don't necessarily require peace, but one side has a precondition for talks occurring. So if there is one side dragging it out, it's yours. This is not at all a damnation of dragging it out, we're all big kids who can make our own decisions, but let's at least acknowledge that if there is one barrier and its erected by your side, we are not the ones dragging it out.

Yes admitting defeat is such a barrier. Lol. But if you want to keep going on with the war, fine with us. I’m not really complaining. I can finally stat pad my loot data.

• Downvote 1

*Insert inevitable reply of someone making a Fallout reference by saying "War...war never changes"*

Crap I just did it.

"There's nothing you can know that isn't known,
Nothing you can see that isn't shown,
There's nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be,
All you need is love,
Love is all you need."

1 hour ago, Shadowthrone said:

Yes admitting defeat is such a barrier. Lol. But if you want to keep going on with the war, fine with us. I’m not really complaining. I can finally stat pad my loot data.

Great thing about zero is that it's smaller than any positive number, so I'm not sure how any part of this contradicts what I was saying? Are we just forum fighting for forum fightings sake now?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Shadowthrone said:

Given egos and pride on both side, it is clear that it would be difficult for either side to admit defeat.  Our two sides are not as dissimilar as you'd like to believe.  And I think what they are trying to say though is that to put the blame solely on one side is not fair because it requires both the action of y'all requiring surrendering as a precondition to talks and our rejection of that premise to get where we are with stalled talks.

It's fine if you're ok with continuing this attrition of wills with us, but I ask that you don't characterize as only our fault.  At the end of the day, it takes two to tango ?.

P.S. Stalling the next round of talks until next month seems very unproductive, but that's just my personal opinion.

46 minutes ago, Hodor said:

Great thing about zero is that it's smaller than any positive number, so I'm not sure how any part of this contradicts what I was saying? Are we just forum fighting for forum fightings sake now?

If we're turning this into some kind of contrived equation, the number we'd be looking for is the difference between some default and some proposed alternative.

KERCHTOGG seems to think the default in all wars should be white peace, whereas we think the default should reflect the military outcome of the war. Giving you white peace would be a concession here, with some non-zero value associated with it, whereas KERCHTOGG admitting defeat and surrendering would have a value of zero as far as our accounting is concerned.

And this isn't just forum fighting for its own sake. If we don't supply the gods with enough non-meme posts, the sun won't rise tomorrow.