Commodities: Foods

Aisha Greyjoy

I'd like to see additional commodities available.

One idea is to spread food out into

Rice(Asia, S. America, Africa)

Wheat(Europe, N. America, Europe)

Meat(Australia, N. America, S. America)

Fish(Africa, Asia, Australia)

Then set populations to crave all 4, but will take any shortcoming from other foodstocks.  If a population has access to enough of all 4, give them a revenue boost of 5% or something.

Then you can spread the foods around to the continents to encourage more trading.  Dabbling in all 4 foods is by no means required, its just something to pursue to get the bonus.

Duke of House Greyjoy

• Administrators

I'd like to see additional commodities available.

One idea is to spread food out into

Rice(Asia, S. America, Africa)

Wheat(Europe, N. America, Europe)

Meat(Australia, N. America, S. America)

Fish(Africa, Asia, Australia)

Then set populations to crave all 4, but will take any shortcoming from other foodstocks.  If a population has access to enough of all 4, give them a revenue boost of 5% or something.

Then you can spread the foods around to the continents to encourage more trading.  Dabbling in all 4 foods is by no means required, its just something to pursue to get the bonus.

Why would each resource be on three continents except for wheat? And why would Europe only have one food option?

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

• Administrators

The other issue with adding more resources is where are we going to display them? There's nowhere near enough room for 3 new resources (4 if you keep a food total) on the resource bar at the top of the page.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

I had trouble distributing them?  It was meant as an example more then specific for even what foods or where.

Alternately, give each continent its own food, and to get the bonus you need some of all.  That would help to make some trade price variances for food prices.

Duke of House Greyjoy

I don't think we're going to fit 5 new resources into the resource bar, though.

Would it be possible to simply count them all as a general "food" for the resource bar, and then have something show up on mouse over to show the individual quantities of each type?

Having more than one sub-types of a resources would just needlessly complicate matters, I think. If this goes through, some will start suggesting to differentiate coal along with everything else from each continent. Anthracite, Bituminious, Lignite...

• Upvote 1
UedhRvY.png

I think the idea that it would make trade more interesting is a little too hopeful. If everyone has one and needs the other three, the prices are going to stay relatively similar amd just end up making things more complicated witout adding anything unique to the game.

Edited by Despartainian
  • Upvote 1

BbWk4MB.jpg