Nation Activity Markers

Phrogg

Currently we have to click on a nation to view its activity. I would like to see a feature where we can see the activity levels and sort by activity levels on the AA members page. Either just output the text to the AA page "8 hours", "In the last week". Or put like a colored dot on the nation row somewhere. Something like green for 48 hours, yellow for a week, and read for more then a week.

Edited by Phrogg

sith_sig.png

was important; now retired 

This seems like a solution to a problem that isn't really there.

Step 1: Create Problem

Step 2: ???

Step 3: Profit

Edited by underlordgc
  • Upvote 1

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

Why? Is it that hard to open new tabs?

Yes it is if you're opening 30,40, 100 tabs.

It's actually a great AA admin tool. It's very useful for monitoring membership activity.  Some alliances could care less, for others activity is important.  A simple color coded indicator on the AA membership page makes that easy.  It's not hard  to open tabs but it sure is time consuming to open a lot of them.

It's not hard  to open tabs but it sure is time consuming to open a lot of them.

No it isn't, you can open 2-3 tabs a second. The largest alliance can do it in 30 seconds tops.

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

This seems like a solution to a problem that isn't really there.

I don't believe the OP said there was a problem.

No it isn't, you can open 2-3 tabs a second. The largest alliance can do it in 30 seconds tops.

Balderdash.

Balderdash.

Do you even middle mouse click bro? Or ctl+left click? If you don't know basic shortcuts you deserve wasting your time.

Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

yes like a traffic light^^

green  - active in the last 2 days

yellow - between that and 7  days

red      - all above

Its nice for people who play less politics more war, to instant see whos not gonna flame back

Edited by Wilhelm II

yes like a traffic light^^

green - active in the last 2 days

yellow - between that and 7 days

red - all above

Its nice for people who play less politics more war, to instant see whos not gonna flame back

That's almost worthless tp the colorblind though, I say use different colors if you're going to do it.

BbWk4MB.jpg

That's almost worthless tp the colorblind though, I say use different colors if you're going to do it.

Yeah you're right, the red green and yellow colours are used no where in the real world for this precise reason.

T7Vrilp.png

• Administrators

I've added little icons in the date created field of the nation search page that denote activity. If it's blue, it means they're active now, if it's green it means last 60 minutes, yellow is 24 hours, orange is 3 days, red is 7 days, and purple is > than 7 days. If you're ever not sure what a color means, you can hover over it to see.

• Upvote 2

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

Yeah you're right, the red green and yellow colours are used no where in the real world for this precise reason.

Just because they do doesn't mean they should.

BbWk4MB.jpg

• Administrators

Just because they do doesn't mean they should.

The point is irrelevant, colorblind or not you can hover your mouse over the indicator and read.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

The colors used in traffic signals have bits of other colors mixed in so the colorblind can distinguish them. They also have a standardized orientation to assist.

"It's hard to be a team player when you're omnipotent." - Q

The nation activity marker is pretty helpful. Simplifies my task.

Edited by Kerbollo

Attempting to contact Kerbin since 1983 (in-game)...

Hey, have anyone seen those fireworks? What do you mean, Jeb had them strapped to SRBs?

Discord: Ray3501#0305. I frequent the SK Network discord (duh).