A question for NPO's current allies

Kastor

Are you worried?

Quick question, and its somewhat long worded, I suppose.

How does the governments of BK, TCW, Acadia, etc. Feel about the fact that NPO brought in 500+ people to join their alliance or sphere. And while this war continues to go on, they're building them up to get into range to affect certain things. Now they won't be able to beat you right now, but lets think.

Say you're the Black Knights. You're pushing for total victory and total defeat against Chaos/KETOG all while most of NPO's allies are sitting and growing, and are funding their whaling corp. So while a lot of them are inactive, you could probably get around 200 nations from that alliance to play and actually attack you.

So the question(s) are:

1. Are you, the governments of BK-sphere, worried about NPO's allies sitting and growing and your "rivals" becoming more powerful than you by the day.

2. Should you push for a total victory over Chaos/KETOG sphere, if these are more or less the alliances you'll be picking off for the next global.

3. If you support NPO bringing in members, and you want total victory over Chaos/KETOG sphere, are you then saying that NPO/tS aren't your political rivals at this point? Moreso than TKR and KT?

• Haha 2

IMG_2989.png?ex=65e9efa9&is=65d77aa9&hm=

We aren't allied to NPO, but considering the fact that my alliance doesn't recruit I don't care about the effects of 100 active anklebiters. Let the weebs destroy the micro tier, I'll just become GoB 2.0

Besides, the postwar merger of ketog/chaos/rose into upn will kill the game anyways, that's the threat people should be focusing on.

Edited by Malal
  • Upvote 2

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

1 minute ago, Malal said:

We aren't allied to NPO, but considering the fact that my alliance doesn't recruit I don't care about the effects of 100 active anklebiters. Let the weebs destroy the micro tier, I'll just become GoB 2.0

Your average city count is 18.5

I don't think you're doing it right.

• Haha 1

I wanna make this clear before I even begin. I am a member of BK, but I am not a member of BK gov. I do not speak as a member of BK right now, I do not speak for BK, I speak as a player of the game who finds this an idiotic waste of words and I mourn for the cells that died during the time I read this post and types this response, for they died during a waste of time.

Why is this even a post? What is the point of this? Not only is this is a ham handed attempt at fear mongering, and even if for some reason BK-Sphere gov IS worried about it, do you actually expect them to come out and admit it? Why would any gov member answer these questions? Also, if we are speaking of people who should be nervous, if you people and your constant whining that BK and NPO are allies and IQ exists, shouldn't everyone else BESIDES BK and the other members of your fictional IQ be more worried, since if IQ exists, members of IQ have no reason to fear one another?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

4 minutes ago, Malal said:

You forgot nations below city 27 aren't people, so our average city count is 27.7

Mere krill for the whales to subsist off of.

Humans cannot create anything out of nothingness. Humans cannot accomplish anything without holding onto something. After all, humans are not gods.

2 minutes ago, Tarroc said:

I wanna make this clear before I even begin. I am a member of BK, but I am not a member of BK gov. I do not speak as a member of BK right now, I do not speak for BK, I speak as a player of the game who finds this an idiotic waste of words and I mourn for the cells that died during the time I read this post and types this response, for they died during a waste of time.

Why is this even a post? What is the point of this? Not only is this is a ham handed attempt at fear mongering, and even if for some reason BK-Sphere gov IS worried about it, do you actually expect them to come out and admit it? Why would any gov member answer these questions? Also, if we are speaking of people who should be nervous, if you people and your constant whining that BK and NPO are allies and IQ exists, shouldn't everyone else BESIDES BK and the other members of your fictional IQ be more worried, since if IQ exists, members of IQ have no reason to fear one another?

His post exists to start an amicable discussion about the future of Orbis and wanting to know or ask BK-sphere people about their plans. Also, I posted this because 2 members of BK-sphere and I were talking and this came up. 

If IQ exists, then BK has lied this entire time, which means they lose their credibility and trust in the international community, which would be bad for them. If IQ doesn't exist, then they've allowed NPO and tS to grow while they haven't, causing them to be better prepared for the next war, which would be bad for them.

Also, if BK drags this war on, its bad for them, because I think something that BK is looking at, is getting a "victory" over white peace. But the thing is, they already won this war. But they're losing the next war. If I'm BK, I don't care about a W over an Tie, because if you're looking so hard at the W now, to lose later, its irrelevant to win this one *at this point*.

Now, if IQ does exist, and they're not at all worried about NPO trying to dominate them, then they have absolutely nothing to worry about. However, giving them the benefit of the doubt and believing both BK and NPO that they are no longer tied, then they should be worried and peace out as quickly as possible.

I think BK forgets that NPO dragged out ToT to become the strongest IQ alliance so they could dominate the sphere. Remember that a surrender option was avaliable less than 2 weeks into the war which would've kept BK on top, and NPO pushed it down so the war went on for over 2(?) months. Which caused BK to be down in the gutter for awhile. I'd caution them to keep that in mind that the longer this war goes on, the only alliance that loses is BK.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

NPO didn’t consolidate to hit us at the first chance they got. I’m not sure why we’d be worried about a potential threat when you have current opposition leaders calling for total war and the sinking of the BK ship. 

Edited by Aragorn, son of Arathorn
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, Kastor said:

Also, if BK drags this war on, its bad for them, because I think something that BK is looking at, is getting a "victory" over white peace. But the thing is, they already won this war. But they're losing the next war. If I'm BK, I don't care about a W over an Tie, because if you're looking so hard at the W now, to lose later, its irrelevant to win this one *at this point*.

I really don't think that our coalition are the ones dragging the war out here.

image.png?ex=65f5ad0b&is=65e3380b&hm=0a640d0767cb6936d92567608b47cf3887ad83c117a24672a3d863cd0ce3a642&

1 minute ago, Aragorn, son of Arathorn said:

NPO didn’t consolidate to hit us at the first chance they got. I’m not sure why we’d be worried about a potential threat when you have current opposition leaders calling for total war and the sinking of the BK ship. 

I think thats fair but those leaders are destroyed now, by the time they're ready to fight again(if you grow), you'll be at the same city range with more people, so it'll be "easier" for you not to lose again. 

But something I don't think you understand, while NPO is getting a lot of flak for their political aliments, they're now in the biggest sphere, people are going to flock to them and join up with them regardless. They're going to get all the protectorate requests, and all the alliances will want to group with them. BK got a lot of flak, but there's no backup for that. NPO has tS, who took little flak and can lead the FA-field from the front. 

Who's leading it for BK? TCW- the leak alliance? Acadia? UPN? Like I said earlier, the only alliance that gets hurt more going forward is BK. You have to mend so many bridges while NPO doesn't. A simple apology and tS connections will get them more allies easily. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Khandov said:

Guys, it's official. IQ existence has now entered superposition.

It seems they can't quite decide whether IQ exists or not, despite at the start of the war they were quite adamant it did!

1 minute ago, Asierith said:

I really don't think that our coalition are the ones dragging the war out here.

You're in the "driver's seat" you control the negotiations. You know where they will go and where they won't. I'm not privy to discussions, but there's no way that its the other side's fault. The other side cannot control peace discussions because they aren't in the driver's seat.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Kastor said:

I think thats fair but those leaders are destroyed now, by the time they're ready to fight again(if you grow), you'll be at the same city range with more people, so it'll be "easier" for you not to lose again. 

Why should we give them the ability to regrow just for us to be back in this exact same situation in 6-9 months again? If they want to pursue an 'all out war' mindset that's perfectly fine, but you can expect the same mindset in response.

Just now, Kastor said:

You're in the "driver's seat" you control the negotiations. You know where they will go and where they won't. I'm not privy to discussions, but there's no way that its the other side's fault. The other side cannot control peace discussions because they aren't in the driver's seat.

The other side needs to request for peace discussions to begin with. Given how there has been none forthcoming, the ball's not really in our court. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Shadowthrone said:

Wait is this your new spin? Impressive. 

2 minutes ago, Khandov said:

Guys, it's official. IQ existence has now entered superposition.

1 minute ago, Codonian said:

It seems they can't quite decide whether IQ exists or not, despite at the start of the war they were quite adamant it did!

This isn't an argument, but I'll bite.

I'm not apart of KETOG-sphere. I'm currently in there because I wanted to hit Chaos, not because I'm a member. There's a difference. So please either respond to my questions/argument or ignore it. But don't disregard me because of the alliance I'm currently in. :P 

1 minute ago, Codonian said:

Why should we give them the ability to regrow just for us to be back in this exact same situation in 6-9 months again? If they want to pursue an 'all out war' mindset that's perfectly fine, but you can expect the same mindset in response.

Well there's plenty of reasons, take a look at what happened with Syndisphere and how they got into this situation. :P Perfect example.

40 minutes ago, Kastor said:

How does the governments of BK, TCW, Acadia, etc. Feel about the fact that NPO brought in 500+ people to join their alliance or sphere. And while this war continues to go on, they're building them up to get into range to affect certain things. Now they won't be able to beat you right now, but lets think.

"Certain things"

Interesting. What are these "certain things" about which you're so concerned on behalf of BK-sphere?

Say you're the Black Knights. You're pushing for total victory and total defeat against Chaos/KETOG all while most of NPO's allies are sitting and growing, and are funding their whaling corp. So while a lot of them are inactive, you could probably get around 200 nations from that alliance to play and actually attack you.

What does "total victory" mean to you? BK has been pretty clear on the terms they want: admission of defeat, an NAP, and some meme terms. If KETOG's definition of "total defeat" is having to admit you've lost, then you have bigger problems than brave and beautiful BK.

13 minutes ago, Kastor said:

His post exists to start an amicable discussion about the future of Orbis and wanting to know or ask BK-sphere people about their plans. Also, I posted this because 2 members of BK-sphere and I were talking and this came up. 

If IQ exists, then BK has lied this entire time, which means they lose their credibility and trust in the international community, which would be bad for them. If IQ doesn't exist, then they've allowed NPO and tS to grow while they haven't, causing them to be better prepared for the next war, which would be bad for them.

BK was the one who was hit in the first place, if you'll recall, so they didn't "allow" anything here.

I think we've moved past denial and anger and on to bargaining now. That's good to see.

Now, if IQ does exist, and they're not at all worried about NPO trying to dominate them, then they have absolutely nothing to worry about. However, giving them the benefit of the doubt and believing both BK and NPO that they are no longer tied, then they should be worried and peace out as quickly as possible.

KETOG and Chaos didn't give BK or NPO the benefit of the doubt regarding IQ. Prominent members of both started spouting paranoid conspiracy theories about IQ's continued, secret-but-obvious existence as soon as it dissolved.

I think BK forgets that NPO dragged out ToT to become the strongest IQ alliance so they could dominate the sphere. Remember that a surrender option was avaliable less than 2 weeks into the war which would've kept BK on top, and NPO pushed it down so the war went on for over 2(?) months. Which caused BK to be down in the gutter for awhile. I'd caution them to keep that in mind that the longer this war goes on, the only alliance that loses is BK.

lol

3 minutes ago, Kastor said:

I'm not apart of KETOG-sphere. I'm currently in there because I wanted to hit Chaos, not because I'm a member. There's a difference. So please either respond to my questions/argument or ignore it. But don't disregard me because of the alliance I'm currently in. :P 

Your nation is in Empyrea, so yes, you're part of the KETOG sphere. You're right though, your arguments are fallacious on their own.

Edited by Edward I
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Kastor said:

But something I don't think you understand, while NPO is getting a lot of flak for their political aliments, they're now in the biggest sphere, people are going to flock to them and join up with them regardless. They're going to get all the protectorate requests, and all the alliances will want to group with them. BK got a lot of flak, but there's no backup for that. NPO has tS, who took little flak and can lead the FA-field from the front. 

Who's leading it for BK? TCW- the leak alliance? Acadia? UPN? Like I said earlier, the only alliance that gets hurt more going forward is BK. You have to mend so many bridges while NPO doesn't. A simple apology and tS connections will get them more allies easily. 

Then it sounds like they might want to actually talk to us and start peace discussions before NPO eats the game. As for the FA, the owf is irrelevant and the people important to BK FA aren’t phased by the salt here anyways. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Shadowthrone said:

The other side needs to request for peace discussions to begin with. Given how there has been none forthcoming, the ball's not really in our court. 

I would say the opposite, if you believe that you're winning, wouldn't you impose terms, therefore wouldn't you bring them to the table with you? When Paris surrendered, Hitler came to them, he was literally in France. When Japan surrendered, the US went to Japan. You don't go to the winner, the winner comes to you and offers you terms.

1 minute ago, Kastor said:

I would say the opposite, if you believe that you're winning, wouldn't you impose terms, therefore wouldn't you bring them to the table with you? When Paris surrendered, Hitler came to them, he was literally in France. When Japan surrendered, the US went to Japan. You don't go to the winner, the winner comes to you and offers you terms.

Nah. We're fine keeping this going till those who've lost decide they don't want anymore of it. That's a common standard that was set by your very own sphere, I see no reason to change it at this moment. If they want to keep this charade going, we're fine with it.