Talus

Utter Failure with 5.8K soldiers vs 0 Ground?

Summary:
While using my 5.8K soldiers to attack a nation with no ground forces, I got 1 Immense Victory and 2 Utter Failures.

Details:
From reading another post, I see that three dice are rolled with an RNG to determine the outcome, but I don't see how fighting 0 ground forces can result in anything other than Immense Victory. I ran 10 battle sims and all came back as Immense Victory. I'm not statistics whiz, but a 66% actual failure rate versus a 0% simulated failure rate with 10 rolls seems pretty far off.

• Anything multiplied by zero should be zero, so how was their victory chances anything other than zero?
  • Is the battle sim actually using the same formula as actual battles?
  • Is there something more than soldiers and tanks multiplied by the RNG¬†impacting the outcome?

Reference:
https://politicsandwar.com/nation/war/timeline/war=500229

• Upvote 1

Infrastructure / cities is conisdered to have some resistance value. Attacking someone with 50 soldiers, for instance, usually results in a defeat. This is why your alliance is so big on 1-ship, i.e, naval never needs to be attritioned by pure infra / cities.

Edited by Inst

Seems that the calculator needs to be updated with this information. I thought maybe infra had some impact, so I set the infra level to 1 million on the calculator and it was still showing Immense Triumph.

The ground calculator has been completely broken for quite some time. I forget which other of the calculators are also broken.

• Upvote 1

As I told you it's its the civilians with pitchforks defending their home.

• Upvote 1