A bloc is formed

Sir Carlo

Keep up communications between your respective alliances, defend each other against raiders and hold each individual alliance accountable for their performance both growth and activity wise. A vast majority of micros fail but I always believed that was due to constant disappointment, poor leadership and boredom due to being so small. If you can keep it interesting and actually have meaningful alliance interactions then maybe this will be one of those success stories.

My optimistic comment for the day :)

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Zooniv XIII said:

We'll try and prevent our doom

Well 1 is in the top 50 and some others are approaching that

Well there's also a global war going on.

Fun fact: top 50 pre global war was 60k score plus.

Even if they were top 50 inspite of that, rank is irrelevant. There are a myriad of examples I could provide to you showing this, and this point mostly resonates with the second post I made this thread.

That I don't sense anyone involved really knows what they're doing or how to do it.

Congratulations!  I like having new dynamics/blocs.  Hopefully this works out.

A word of warning though is that combined you guys have ~680 cities which is less than most top 20 and maybe the size of a single top 30 alliance (of course, things are a bit skewed right now).  Given that a single alliance like Empyrea or Carthago (not to mention anything bigger) could wipe ya'll out in a second, it will be challenging.  Legitimate micros are a crucial part of the game, but if things don't work out exactly as planned, merging is also a great thing to do as well.  Managing a bloc is supposed to be about joining different communities under a shared purpose with mutual protection, but that of course is less efficient than a single community without the inefficacies of bloc-wide communication.  Another option would be to expand your bloc either through intensive recruitment such as @Akuryo stated with a bot or getting more micros by your side.  Treatying to a larger power, on the other hand, could be dangerous by dragging you guys into unnecessary wars.

Anyways that's just my 2 cents of analysis on your situation.  Please do succeed because challenging the status quo is a great thing!

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Zooniv XIII said:

Well 1 is in the top 50 and some others are approaching that

oh wow top 50

and during a global?

wowowowow

ok one has 40 members and 1.2k average score
fair

haven't heard of any of the others tho

Edited by Hughes
actually did research
  • Downvote 1

forumsig.png

Whatever you guys do with your bloc, don't let the haters get you down. There's NOTHING that anyone can do to stop you as long as you keep your spirits up. Make sure you're all careful with your officers and heirs, but at the same time make sure you've got at least one solidly trusted member so you can stash and bounce your bank(s) around.

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, hope said:

Why form a micro bloc when you can merge and provide me with all the drama that comes with that

Because new blocs with new leaders makes a new meta that might actually be something other than EMC vs IQ war #347