Population

Guest Elijah Mikaelson

Guest Elijah Mikaelson

During this war it had become clear that the games population is pretty pointless in most cases, however IT does stop you from maxing ships and planes due to the population not being high enough, what they really mean at this point is you need more infra.

Well I think it should not be the case, during times of war where you buy troops in my case 450,000 when they die my population does not seem to change at all so I can endlessly fight, troops are cheap and even without food they do not die, they still fight.

So my idea is that lets say you have 3,000,000 (that's what i have roughly with 30k infra) and I buy 450,000 troops over three days then my population stays are 3,000,000 as I still have the troops, but the second i go to war and i lose those 450,000 troops my population would not be 2,550,000, this would mean less income, and so on and it should not be a simple case of ooooo i just buy some infra, population should take time to replace.

sorry if none of this reads well, I am thinking of it as i type it and not very good at this, just think having something like population should decease in times of war, and take time to grow, not just simply adding infra.

Guest Elijah Mikaelson
On 9/2/2019 at 4:59 PM, Tiberius said:

This would make airstriking soldiers worthwhile I suppose, but other than that it's a bad suggestion in my opinion for a number of reasons. 

how about you give some reasons, sure it would make it harder to keep people down with not being able to buy max plans and tanks however you see fit, 

On 8/31/2019 at 5:14 PM, Elijah Mikaelson said:

During this war it had become clear that the games population is pretty pointless in most cases, however IT does stop you from maxing ships and planes due to the population not being high enough, what they really mean at this point is you need more infra.

Well I think it should not be the case, during times of war where you buy troops in my case 450,000 when they die my population does not seem to change at all so I can endlessly fight, troops are cheap and even without food they do not die, they still fight.

So my idea is that lets say you have 3,000,000 (that's what i have roughly with 30k infra) and I buy 450,000 troops over three days then my population stays are 3,000,000 as I still have the troops, but the second i go to war and i lose those 450,000 troops my population would not be 2,550,000, this would mean less income, and so on and it should not be a simple case of ooooo i just buy some infra, population should take time to replace.

sorry if none of this reads well, I am thinking of it as i type it and not very good at this, just think having something like population should decease in times of war, and take time to grow, not just simply adding infra.

I can see one major flaw that would need to be addressed for something like this to work, and that is the current method in which population is calculated. Population is based on infra and city age primarily (pollution, disease, etc contribute). Thus when I build some infra, that population auto-fills. How does one regain population regrow after the are killed and thus removed from population? 

scSqPGJ.gif