Duplicate of Nation Page with old Stats

Captain Parrish

So with the recent update of the no falsifying the vacation mode report I wanted to clarify, as I have seen this in some nations, if they are allowed to duplicate their nation page in description with a ton of space in the middle (no vacation mode) with old stats so that it may trick nation in declaring on them because they assume less military.  I am only asking for clarification as I have seen some players taking this action in response to this rule change.

Thanks, 

Captain Parrish Minister of Milcom and Internal Affairs of the Ming Empire

• Administrators

It's not explicitly against the rules, but I haven't seen this myself. Could you find an example and link it for me?

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, Dryad said:

As the person he is currently warring that he has seen doing it, i will assume its fine for me to post here :)

https://politicsandwar.com/nation/id=146719

Huh, I didn't know that was a thing. Thanks for letting me know. At this time it's not officially against the rules, but I'll probably throw in a size limit for images placed in nation descriptions to prevent it from happening.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

Just now, Alex said:

Huh, I didn't know that was a thing. Thanks for letting me know. At this time it's not officially against the rules, but I'll probably throw in a size limit for images placed in nation descriptions to prevent it from happening.

Only became a thing today ?

• Upvote 4

Biggest-Bloc-1.png

Hhaha this is wonderful - kudos to Dryad.

@alex don't make them too small or just make it just for nations, alliance info cards/info in general needs some space.

• Upvote 4

9 hours ago, Alex said:

why tho, just make it against the rules, missplacing the VM is against the rules, so should this be. Impersonating other nations shouldn't be allowed. 

That aside, creds to those creative ppl :D

Edited by MonkeyDLegend
  • Upvote 2
32204241a4480364cfebb04c10bf72cfaeb4dce2x696.gif
Former Manager t$ and Director of R&D
Former Director of Finance, Security in e$
Founder of The Prate Syndicate(test server)
luffyt$forum.gif

4 minutes ago, Inst said:

@MonkeyDLegend, Dryad isn't impersonating himself. He's making it appear that he's in beige.

I, on the other hand...

https://politicsandwar.com/nation/id=165874

oh, lmfao. Yeah i thought it was ur nation... my bad....

Edited by MonkeyDLegend
32204241a4480364cfebb04c10bf72cfaeb4dce2x696.gif
Former Manager t$ and Director of R&D
Former Director of Finance, Security in e$
Founder of The Prate Syndicate(test server)
luffyt$forum.gif

30 minutes ago, Inst said:

@MonkeyDLegend, Dryad isn't impersonating himself. He's making it appear that he's in beige.

I, on the other hand...

https://politicsandwar.com/nation/id=165874

Only 105 aircraft? Probably couldn't hurt a fly.

• Upvote 2

Le1AjCa.png

On 8/31/2019 at 6:09 AM, Alex said:

It's not explicitly against the rules, but I haven't seen this myself. Could you find an example and link it for me?

It seems inconsistent to make faking vacation mode illegal, but not this or perhaps any type of faking of game content. I thought faking vacation mode was actually fairly obvious because vacation mode notices always appeared at the top before a nation's custom description, whereas this seems more convincing to me as the faked content appears in the expected order on the page.

On 8/31/2019 at 6:14 AM, Alex said:

Limit the image dimensions or file size? Also, won't they just splice it into numerous smaller images to get around this? I know Photoshop has a function to make this fairly straightforward.

19 minutes ago, Zephyr said:

It seems inconsistent to make faking vacation mode illegal, but not this or perhaps any type of faking of game content. I thought faking vacation mode was actually fairly obvious because vacation mode notices always appeared at the top before a nation's custom description, whereas this seems more convincing to me as the faked content appears in the expected order on the page.

Limit the image dimensions or file size? Also, won't they just splice it into numerous smaller images to get around this? I know Photoshop has a function to make this fairly straightforward.

I think the reason Alex is reluctant to screw with this is because this is cool. On the other hand, fake VM created lots of issues because people would keep on reporting to Alex that people found a way to declare and fight out of vacation mode.

Give it a bit of time to see whether this is equally annoying, we spent a lot of effort creating the fake nation pages and assorted deception campaigns.

Attacking out of beige, anyways, is a well-known tactic (force someone dumb to beige you, then attack right before they do so).

Edited by Inst

• 2 weeks later...
  • Jax locked this topic