Help from War

Just John

Hey There!
I am Sean Anthony

I am wondering if I could call on the Politics & War Community for help! I want to know if you guys think I should leave and if not for those whom are the best (cough) you know who you are would like to talk with me and tell me if it is my fault if I get couped or not and help me figure out why.

I would love to create a successful alliance however need your help the people of Politics & War!

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 2

If you love the game then leaving can't be the best choice. I think it is arguably your fault to some extent if you get couped. Just dont give people heir ever and you are safe. You need to be aware of your reputation regarding getting couped and that people will try to coup you for the lols just because of this.

• Upvote 1

Biggest-Bloc-1.png

16 minutes ago, Sean Anthony said:

Hey There!
I am Sean Anthony

I am wondering if I could call on the Politics & War Community for help! I want to know if you guys think I should leave and if not for those whom are the best (cough) you know who you are would like to talk with me and tell me if it is my fault if I get couped or not and help me figure out why.

I would love to create a successful alliance however need your help the people of Politics & War!

Just because you made more than thirty unsuccesfful alliances doesn't mean it was your fault.

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Thalmor said:

Sean, you're just incompetent. You have no idea how to run an alliance. That doesn't mean you should quit the game though. You can still have fun being a member of a regular alliance. You can still have fun finding a community, being a part of that community, and fighting for/growing with that community.

I didn't do good as a leader. I made a lot of mistakes and I had to step away from leadership. It wasn't until after I did so, though, that I learned how stressful and not-fun being a leader is. Ever since then, I've spent nearing 2 years just being a regular member of KT and it's been the most fun I've ever had in my 4 and a half years of playing P&W.

Obviously, being a leader isn't fun for you either; seeing as how you're talking about quitting. I'm sure all the flak you get also gets to you on some personal level. You don't have to go nuclear though and press the delete nation button though. Just join an alliance you like and play the game without having the responsibilities as a leader.

If you want to run a successful alliance, then join a successful alliance and work through the ranks. Be a great member so you get noticed by gov, and then get promoted into gov. Then keep doing well. Learn all that you can about IA, econ, milcom, and FA. It will take a few years of work, but you can probably do it and you'll be better for it. @Tiberius's advice is spot on here.

I can't run an alliance without always having a target on back.

46 minutes ago, Sean Anthony said:

Then don't run an alliance. Just join one as a regular member. After you lay low for a few months or years you won't have such a target on your back. I think a lot of alliances would accept you as member.

Prefontaine's idea is good too. Quit for a few months and come back under a new name if you're that worried about it. Just don't start a new alliance if you come back because it won't work out.

new_forum_sig_2.png

2 hours ago, Sean Anthony said:

Honestly, every alliance has a target on it's back. People are always looking for that opportune moment. As above though, do listen to the advice. Take a year to learn in an established alliance, immerse yourself in their community, you will have fun. The best times to be had in this game is with a community. As Kev says, try the long road and see where it takes you. Being an alliance leader, and one that is building their alliance from scratch is an incredible amount of hard work against formidable odds. There is so much to focus on and get right to be successful.

• Upvote 2

Like Thalmor said you probably should stop trying to be a leader, Sean. Most people don't know you've been around forever, but the thing is you keep looking for the quick fix and you always end up carrying over bad blood in terms of micro-drama from the past stunts. I wouldn't recommend you make another alliance rather just be a part of one even as gov and maybe you could be the leader in someone else's start-up alliance later on. It's also always been hard to discern what your goals were and how it would actually work out. Given you made a topic in the past saying you were just doing it for the thrills of the initial starting phase and it being an adventure, I don't think it's responsible and this is why it was the last chance.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

8 hours ago, Sean Anthony said:

Hey There!
I am Sean Anthony

You can never fully trust anything or anyone in this game. Never put someone you just met or not sure about in position to coup you. You have started a successful alliance at least 3 times, and if you want to try again you may. Or reroll and start over with a fresh persona.

Never quit because the NPO/hive mind tells you don't matter. That's like taking advice from an anthill. Do what you want and think is best for you....

• Upvote 1

Never give heir to anyone and you're good.

Join a good alliance, get in the gov, learn all departments, find some great and competent people to make an alliance with and viola. Everything else is just details.

14 hours ago, Hassan said:

Never give heir to anyone and you're good.

Join a good alliance, get in the gov, learn all departments, find some great and competent people to make an alliance with and viola. Everything else is just details.

16 hours ago, Deulos said:

You can never fully trust anything or anyone in this game. Never put someone you just met or not sure about in position to coup you. You have started a successful alliance at least 3 times, and if you want to try again you may. Or reroll and start over with a fresh persona.

Never quit because the NPO/hive mind tells you don't matter. That's like taking advice from an anthill. Do what you want and think is best for you....

17 hours ago, Roquentin said:

Like Thalmor said you probably should stop trying to be a leader, Sean. Most people don't know you've been around forever, but the thing is you keep looking for the quick fix and you always end up carrying over bad blood in terms of micro-drama from the past stunts. I wouldn't recommend you make another alliance rather just be a part of one even as gov and maybe you could be the leader in someone else's start-up alliance later on. It's also always been hard to discern what your goals were and how it would actually work out. Given you made a topic in the past saying you were just doing it for the thrills of the initial starting phase and it being an adventure, I don't think it's responsible and this is why it was the last chance.

18 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Honestly, every alliance has a target on it's back. People are always looking for that opportune moment. As above though, do listen to the advice. Take a year to learn in an established alliance, immerse yourself in their community, you will have fun. The best times to be had in this game is with a community. As Kev says, try the long road and see where it takes you. Being an alliance leader, and one that is building their alliance from scratch is an incredible amount of hard work against formidable odds. There is so much to focus on and get right to be successful.

To address all of you, I can rebrand myself. However, I've always had an idea for an alliance that would be successful. Like nobody in government except me. I can make a successful alliance however people just get in the way.You can see in Phoenix Rising, etc... The thing I need is that nobody offers really except for Afrika Korps that @Khai Jäger gave me. He actually gave me support when needed. Defended me etc.. and it ended up being a great successful alliance but then they left and then shit hit the fan but I've been in government several times and done well but never stuck. I love creating a community and etc.. I had an idea of creating an alliance community where we are on CN, NS, & P&W. I am originally from Project Terra.

Edited by Sean Anthony
  • Upvote 1

The game is supposed to be fun man. 

This is a long haul game. 

You obviously don't want to quit, so dont quit.

There are different types of leaders and different types of alliances. 

Roquentin is a hands on leader and probably the best in the game (despite our checkered history). He's in it, every minute.

Sweet Ronny D surrounded himself with competent people and you can tell he's passionate about the game.

The Hippo is charismatic and logical.

But these people have to have people they trust and like them, who have the same idea.

You have painted yourself into a bit of a corner but the paint dries eventually. 

Just chill out man. 

Join an alliance. Contribute. You're not good at inspiring loyalty but you might be one day.

Back to my Heinekens.

• Like 1

Registered slot thief

Buy the ticket, take the ride.