Treaties: Mutual cooperation or damnation?

Raphael

Guest Elijah Mikaelson

4 hours ago, Bartholomew Roberts said:

We could all never post on the forums, disband all alliances, and exist in a mad-max world of constant warfare. What would be the point though?

You would make Ketog super happy

On 8/23/2019 at 6:58 PM, Bartholomew Roberts said:

To clarify, Swagrr is not meant to be "retired" in the sense Yarr intends.

I'm not sure what you mean by "a feeder for Grumpy." If I understand it correctly, you're saying that Yarr (and I guess Swagrr but we're not all upper tier) members tend to join Grumpy?

If that is what you're trying to say then you are factually incorrect. Yarr membership fluctuates but most of their membership comes from Arrgh - Prefontaine is really the only notable exception that I can think of. I actually don't know of any of Yarr's present or past members that have been in, or even associated with, GOB. And to dispel any "well in the future..." Yarr has been an alliance for years at this point.

If I misunderstood you then sorry for my mini-rant :P

Either way, I'm not arguing whether or not retirees should ever be hit. Instead my argument is that BK - and by extension coalition B - attacked hitherto uninvolved and frankly uninterested parties and then arbitrarily classified them into the KERTOG coalition.

It's one thing to go whaling, to raid, to burn high infra cities, hell it's even a different thing to hit a periphery alliance during a global - These are respected traditions in Orbis. However, what you're doing is something completely new and it leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Your coalition is on full-auto mode and hitting anything that moves with seemingly no regard for rules or style. Uninvolved parties (Swagrr, Yarr), dropped protectorates (Medellin), even ODP allies (Dark Brotherhood). We've never seen this kind of unprecedented aggression towards... everyone. NPO and BK are acting like rabid dogs guinea pigs.

Yeah I wasn't talking about you guys as a whole being a feeder for grumpy. It was another ex-pirate who brought it up.

I mean, I think the alliances will be left alone soon enough. It wasn't really the intent to kill everyone. 

More the tone of the responses is that being "retired" doesn't necessarily insulate you from risk. 

On 8/23/2019 at 9:58 PM, Bartholomew Roberts said:

These are respected traditions in Orbis. However, what you're doing is something completely new and it leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Your coalition is on full-auto mode and hitting anything that moves with seemingly no regard for rules or style. Uninvolved parties (Swagrr, Yarr), dropped protectorates (Medellin), even ODP allies (Dark Brotherhood). We've never seen this kind of unprecedented aggression towards... everyone. NPO and BK are acting like rabid dogs guinea pigs.

They don't want anyone challenging their stale and salty hegemony ever again.