Revolt

youngd123

Does any of you notice how useless approval rating is I mean your citizens could be in hell while your enjoying a drink in your palace in the capital

don't the citizens get angry don't they have a say 

Well we can fix that

REVOLT

"we have had enough" said the ragged bearded man probably in his 30's "yes" echoed the multitude "will we suffer here while the president and his ministers use our taxes to buy the most expensive cars and houses?" he yelled once more "NO!!! " the multitude roared "will we watch our young men die at wars declared by men who have never held a gun?"    "NOOOOOO!! " the crowd yelled with a new kindled anger "will we watch our leader traveling and leaving his/her nation unattended to while we defend raids on our own losing mothers and children to greedy pirates" "No! "   "we will not stay silent" he said as he rose up a gun triggering a violent anger in the crowd "we will fight" the crowd replied

I suggest that when a nation's approval reaches

100 there should be a revenue bonus and population bonus

30 citizens start emigrating 

20 the citizens stage a protest and some citizens become disobedient and refuse to pay taxes

5 strikes begin crime increases significantly in all cities and some improvements are disabled due to lack of workers

0 the citizens begin a revolt by raising an army the size 66.67% of your maximum army size for example if your maximum is 30,000soldiers 900 tanks 300airplanes and 15ships 

your rebels will have 20,000soldiers 600tanks 200planes and 10 ships

this will encourage activity and encourage keeping army maxed and it will give approval rating a use

So the rebel will be controlled by computer but can be financed by other nations

the rebels first priority will be ground attack which they would use to get loot to finance their army if their ground isn't strong enough then they resort to air striking ground after their ground becomes strong  enough then they change their focus to ground once they have fully rebuilt their army and have some spare change they switch to sea and blockade their enemy then they go to air and strike money so the president won't be able to rebuild

if the rebels win then they take over 1/3rd or 1/6th of the cities in the country while if the rebels lose the approval rating will be replenished instantly to 20% 

when and if the rebels win they will have their normal army plus the army that the cities allow. Then after 24 turns they attack again

Nations do not get bieged for fighting this kind of war

And if you win you get an achievement

"dictator"

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Bad suggestion because of how approval rating works. It basically has nothing to do with factors you really control all that much and it's very easy to end up massively in the positive (over 100) or negatives.

You'd have to reset everyone's approval and completely change how it works allowing more ways for people to make decisions affecting it. 

While that's not a bad thing there are ultimately a number of more pressing concerns ahead in line then some entirely new system nobody's even hypothetically defined yet.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/19/2019 at 5:59 AM, Flanderlion said:

So more wars + getting my approval rating from 

Approval Rating:  0% (-525.26)

to 20% + an achievement. Count me in.

That said, I'm highly doubtful this will happen.

Hah, I'm -732% approval, get on my level pixelhugger :P

• Upvote 2