Really NPO

Wendell

Just now, Do Not Fear Jazz said:

There were a lot of reasons to continue attacking you, let's be honest.

Yeah, but I think it was a policy if they hit back when you raided them; anyone unaligned or in a weak micro had to do it. Although I didn’t mind fighting, so may have rather antagonized you guys than placate you.

I actually don’t have a grudge at all, but still think your policies were twisted :P

16 minutes ago, Pasky Darkfire said:

See... You had me in the first half there, chief, NGL. Innocent shit like that is ehhh. Seems like a cheap ego boost but it's innocent enough to not be down right disturbing. But that second half. wew. That dude sounds either like a total bad ass or in need of some help, but to even require something like that sounds like a shitty frat's hazing policy.

A mercy board, or something that exists to humiliate folks because of their mistakes/ or just for someone's else's fun is essentially abhorrent imho. It's why when we were in a position to do something about it in Orbis, we did. I do hope it doesn't return in any shape or form in PnW again, but let us see, one can only hope! 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Shadowthrone said:

A mercy board, or something that exists to humiliate folks because of their mistakes/ or just for someone's else's fun is essentially abhorrent imho. It's why when we were in a position to do something about it in Orbis, we did. I do hope it doesn't return in any shape or form in PnW again, but let us see, one can only hope! 

Yeah. Sounds absolutely like something that can get out of hand very very quickly.

Bottom_Border Siggy.png

7 minutes ago, Shadowthrone said:

I collected art from TKR art therapy about a week ago ?

46 minutes ago, Shadowthrone said:

Lol. People were being asked to draw ms paint pictures for mistrades, and you threw a fit because of some crap in another game. I'm so glad you're here to save the game from being toxic!

Still waiting on you actually doing something about your friends trying to drive people out of the game and throwing around personal insults, by the by. Since, you know, you care so much about it and that is totally not something you are just putting on. 

Slaughter the shits of the world. They poison the air you breathe.

~ William S. Burroughs

1 minute ago, Spaceman Thrax said:

Lol. People were being asked to draw ms paint pictures for mistrades, and you threw a fit because of some crap in another game. I'm so glad you're here to save the game from being toxic!

Still waiting on you actually doing something about your friends trying to drive people out of the game and throwing around personal insults, by the by. Since, you know, you care so much about it and that is totally not something you are just putting on. 

Right personal insults? That’ll stop when you folks stop making a loss personal ;)

I haven’t seen anyone here drive people out of a game. If that’s a consequence of a war you started, that’s not on us either ;)

Also I’m fundamentally against mercy boards/humiliation for mistakes. Has nothing to do with CN as much as I find the entire idea detestable and did something politically to stop it. I guess that’s just politics and war ;)

Edited by Shadowthrone

5 minutes ago, Shadowthrone said:

Right personal insults? That’ll stop when you folks stop making a loss personal ;)

I haven’t seen anyone here drive people out of a game. If that’s a consequence of a war you started, that’s not on us either ;)

Thank you for your earnestness, oh benevolent gamekeeper. It's this commitment to derogatory, disingenuous nonsense that really underscores your ability and commitment to a better community for everyone. ❤️

In all seriousness, though, the way you talk to people is pretty distasteful and not at all necessary. That first line is you essentially saying "oh, well, it's okay to attack people personally because you started it", which would be pretty awful even if it was true, and it's not. I find it fairly astonishing a major alliance would want you as a figurehead, but I suppose there's a fair amount about NPO that I don't understand. :P

Edited by Spaceman Thrax

~ William S. Burroughs

1 minute ago, Spaceman Thrax said:

Thank you for your earnestness, oh benevolent gamekeeper. It's this commitment to derogatory, disingenuous nonsense that really underscores your ability and commitment to a better community for everyone. ❤️

In all seriousness, though, the way you talk to people is pretty distasteful and not at all necessary. I find it fairly astonishing a major alliance would want you as a figurehead, but I suppose there's a fair amount about NPO that I don't understand. :P

Aww I’ve failed Thraxs standards of etiquettes on posting. Clearly this means something.

Your disingenuous nonsense aside, feel free to point out the problems with how I post? Are my walls of texts too long for you? Would memes and farcical gotchas count as a better method to talk to people?

Last I checked, you haven’t spoken to me, so I’d suggest you attempt to do that in my DMs whenever :) 

1 minute ago, Shadowthrone said:

Aww I’ve failed Thraxs standards of etiquettes on posting. Clearly this means something.

Your disingenuous nonsense aside, feel free to point out the problems with how I post? Are my walls of texts too long for you? Would memes and farcical gotchas count as a better method to talk to people?

Last I checked, you haven’t spoken to me, so I’d suggest you attempt to do that in my DMs whenever :) 

I did, here, and you ignored it.

I suppose I could summarize by saying I don't think you argue in good faith. You accuse other people of what you are guilty of, because you as think it's to your advantage to paint everyone else as as full of it as you are.

....but it's mostly just you.

~ William S. Burroughs

Just now, Spaceman Thrax said:

I did, here, and you ignored it.

I suppose I could summarize by saying I don't think you argue in good faith. You accuse other people of what you are guilty of, because you as think it's to your advantage to paint everyone else as as full of it as you are.

....but it's mostly just you.

Ooof. Got it. A post here represents talking to me. Now that you have brought that post here, a simple response is, knowing @Aragorn, son of Arathorn, his last intention is to drive people out of the game. He does use that fact though to mock people given it was used heavily on BK around AC. "BK's lost so many players, you folks are utter crap."  Has he ever specifically wanted drive people out of the game? From my experience no. If he ever did design terms in such a way, it would surprise me ?‍♀️

But it's a nice spin to try to make me guilty of toxicity. I do enjoy the idea that I'm not arguing in good faith, when you're post is laced with insults/ assuming people's motivations/character from the get go and that this kind of posting requires some kind of serious rebuttal. Lets face it, you don't practice with you preach, and try really hard to paint your enemies as deranged etc.  Get off your moral high horse and then maybe, I'll consider anything you say seriously :v 

1 minute ago, Shadowthrone said:

Ooof. Got it. A post here represents talking to me. Now that you have brought that post here, a simple response is, knowing @Aragorn, son of Arathorn, his last intention is to drive people out of the game. He does use that fact though to mock people given it was used heavily on BK around AC. "BK's lost so many players, you folks are utter crap."  Has he ever specifically wanted drive people out of the game? From my experience no. If he ever did design terms in such a way, it would surprise me ?‍♀️

But it's a nice spin to try to make me guilty of toxicity. I do enjoy the idea that I'm not arguing in good faith, when you're post is laced with insults/ assuming people's motivations/character from the get go and that this kind of posting requires some kind of serious rebuttal. Lets face it, you don't practice with you preach, and try really hard to paint your enemies as deranged etc.  Get off your moral high horse and then maybe, I'll consider anything you say seriously :v 

Obviously, I am going to take what he said to be the truth rather than your assurance/spin on it, but sure, ok. My point isn't even about what he said in a vacuum... just that what he said was worse for the game than other things you supposedly find so offensive, like, for example, drawing ms paint pictures for mistrades.

I'm more than capable of arguing in good faith. I get flippant after I've established someone is full of it, not before, because I value my time. There are even people within the NPO I have no problem engaging with.... you're just not one of them. So with that in mind, I'll go back to mostly ignoring you until the next time you say something particularly silly about my ally.

~ William S. Burroughs

2 minutes ago, Spaceman Thrax said:

Obviously, I am going to take what he said to be the truth rather than your assurance/spin on it, but sure, ok. My point isn't even about what he said in a vacuum... just that what he said was worse for the game than other things you supposedly find so offensive, like, for example, drawing ms paint pictures for mistrades.

I'm more than capable of arguing in good faith. I get flippant after I've established someone is full of it, not before, because I value my time. There are even people within the NPO I have no problem engaging with.... you're just not one of them. So with that in mind, I'll go back to mostly ignoring you until the next time you say something particularly silly about my ally.

What he said is more worse than actual policy? Got it. You're truly onto something! 

I'm yet to see you arguing without throwing insults, but I mean you do you. I have no interest in particular responding to your barbs with serious posts. I'm capable of responding to those who've been arguing with an intent to exchange ideas. Just ask @Cooper_ since I'm busy spending hours writing posts in response to him. But I mean I'm fine ignoring you, just don't bring it up next time as a "serious" effort to talk to me and then use that to assume how I deal with issues related to the NPO :) 

I'll continue going about defending our reasons for the war, so feel free to continue stepping in whatever. It makes for a good laugh. 

• Downvote 1

Still think GOONs coming will either blow up in somebody’s face or turn out badly. I had over 100 frivolous mod reports filed on me by GOONs to try getting me banned when war failed. Wasn’t until I got back from a 90% warn suspension the mods caught on & ignored their reports. :P

12 minutes ago, Noctis Anarch Caelum said:

Still think GOONs coming will either blow up in somebody’s face or turn out badly. I had over 100 frivolous mod reports filed on me by GOONs to try getting me banned when war failed. Wasn’t until I got back from a 90% warn suspension the mods caught on & ignored their reports. :P

I doubt that. DNFJ's been in PnW long enough and I doubt is interested screwing the pooch when he's busy bringing his community here. I'd suggest letting it happen and seeing how they go before trying to spoil the jury pool @Noctis Anarch Caelum :P 

7 minutes ago, Shadowthrone said:

I doubt that. DNFJ's been in PnW long enough and I doubt is interested screwing the pooch when he's busy bringing his community here. I'd suggest letting it happen and seeing how they go before trying to spoil the jury pool @Noctis Anarch Caelum :P 

Fine, we can see how it goes with clean slate I suppose. I’ll judge them based on their alliance here if they make one.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Noctis Anarch Caelum said:

Fine, we can see how it goes with clean slate I suppose. I’ll judge them based on their alliance here if they make one.

Narrator: He didn't.

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Buorhann said:

Does threatening players with moderation reports count as toxic?  Or actively seeking to use moderation as a weapon?

Asking for a friend.

Lol. The context was given. But if this is the hill you choose to keep harping after, go on. You really need new material to harp about.

• Downvote 2

1 hour ago, Shadowthrone said:

Lol. The context was given. But if this is the hill you choose to keep harping after, go on. You really need new material to harp about.

The context was provided, with logs at that. Which quite clearly proved it's exactly what he did.

Sorry, but there's no context or excuse in the world for that. Even Akuryo of questionable character only threatens people with actual IC actions instead of the 4th wall mod police.

Everyone in this game honestly needs to view the rules in a less "mememememememe" context, and Alex needs to make the rules more grounded to go with it.

• Upvote 1

GOONS have had some sort of presence on most of the nation sims I've tried when they were alive, so I guess they might as well make one here before its over. Will be interesting if Shadowthrone's idealism rubs off on them with his expectations of them & guiding them along.

25 minutes ago, Noctis Anarch Caelum said:

GOONS have had some sort of presence on most of the nation sims I've tried when they were alive, so I guess they might as well make one here before its over. Will be interesting if Shadowthrone's idealism rubs off on them with his expectations of them & guiding them along.

I prefer the alternative, where I guide GOONS to the light, and collect as many tears as possible.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1