Really NPO

Wendell

13 hours ago, Roquentin said:

Know what's really toxic? Using a supposed moral game concern to score points instead of simply asking the person not to do it again or simply asking for it not to be allowed. You made it into a situation where there's no other solution. I have no real reason to see it from anyone else's point of view when I am treated like garbage outright and constantly provoked and told I should get warned when no rule was violated.

Know how you can avoid that bit of toxicity?Ā  Not threatening players to report them.

If you truely felt a rule was violated, just report.Ā  Instead, you opted to try and squeeze them into your rule before doing so.

Ā 

6 hours ago, Buorhann said:

Know how you can avoid that bit of toxicity?Ā  Not threatening players to report them.

If you truely felt a rule was violated, just report.Ā  Instead, you opted to try and squeeze them into your rule before doing so.

Ā 

Now that you asked nicely(well this is the best we're gonna get), I'll just continue not doing it as I haven't done it in over 1.5 months since that particular incident.

Edited by Roquentin

15 minutes ago, kosmokenny said:

Jesus tittyfricking christ.Ā  8chan lolnazis and their friends in kkktsphere got so goddamn annoying that roq had to call in GOONS.Ā  Well done, buorhann.Ā  Well fricking done.

Sometimes names take on meanings and they did want to call this war End Game. :P

On 8/18/2019 at 8:44 PM, Sir Scarfalot said:

It's hardly my ideas of 'fun' that are driving your allies out of the game/against you, now is it? I'm not the one deciding why your former allies either get betrayed by you, go inactive or delete. That's entirely on you, and it always has been.

If you leave a game about politics because you can't adapt to new playing conditions or a turmoilus environment, I think that's called a career politician, but one that isn't getting paid.

• Like 1

We have seized the means of production. ThoughĀ union, and self-governance, we have organized between all peoples of the land.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

2 minutes ago, Chapsie said:

If you leave a game about politics because you can't adapt to new playing conditions or a turmoilus environment, I think that's called a career politician, but one that isn't getting paid.

Yeah, I mean, I've always felt it this way. if people want to quit because they need results or they can't handle losing, then I can't do much about it. I've always wanted people to be less sensitive to temporary setbacks and political trends and all I can tell them is whoever is willing to endure the most hardship is the better player. I can discourage taking advantage of that mentality though. Players always have a life cycle though and wars have always been a drop off point. Most people who have quit during a war just decide they don't want to bother getting on for the game more and that's just the reality. The nut of the world is hollow if it's just about the game and people who are less involved in their own communities for the community's sake will find it easier to quit.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Roquentin said:

Yeah, I mean, I've always felt it this way. if people want to quit because they need results or they can't handle losing, then I can't do much about it. I've always wanted people to be less sensitive to temporary setbacks and political trends and all I can tell them is whoever is willing to endure the most hardship is the better player. I can discourage taking advantage of that mentality though. Players always have a life cycle though and wars have always been a drop off point. Most people who have quit during a war just decide they don't want to bother getting on for the game more and that's just the reality. The nut of the world is hollow if it's just about the game and people who are less involved in their own communities for the community's sake will find it easier to quit.

Yeah, the deeper players will stay through adversity. It's important to have those people, as it shows their strength and integrity. The realization that this is a game at the end of the day is integral. Adaptation is one hell of a trait.

Ā 

Edited by Chapsie

We have seized the means of production. ThoughĀ union, and self-governance, we have organized between all peoples of the land.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

4 hours ago, kosmokenny said:

Jesus tittyfricking christ.Ā  8chan lolnazis and their friends in kkktsphere got so goddamn annoying that roq had to call in GOONS.Ā  Well done, buorhann.Ā  Well fricking done.

You're literally in the peanut gallery, doing absolutely nothing.

3 hours ago, Roquentin said:

I've always wanted people to be less sensitive to temporary setbacks and political trends and all I can tell them is whoever is willing to endure the most hardship is the better player.

Just saving this quote.

• Haha 1

On 8/20/2019 at 4:53 AM, Noctis Anarch Caelum said:

I donā€™t care if they join as long as they base their theme on being the most toxic alliance in the game, like their Oppression & Sadism incarnation.

Urge to come out of retirement... rising.

Also hello.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

On 8/19/2019 at 3:54 AM, Sir Scarfalot said:

So, after running out of natives to betray/lie to/gaslight, you decide to attempt to flood the game with ignorant newbies in the hopes of getting more people for cannonfodder.

you know these ignorant newbies are people with brains and personalities right?

On 8/19/2019 at 4:58 AM, Sir Scarfalot said:

Oh? You're concerned about them interacting with me? All I've done is call out your BS and present some unflattering opinions about you and your leadership style. If you had faith in your narrative then there would be no reason to fear your newbies being exposed to my arguments.

"EXPOSED TO MY ARGUMENTS!" that is funny how you confusedĀ shitposting for making valid arguments

On 8/19/2019 at 5:18 AM, Sir Scarfalot said:

ordering all of your hundreds of new players to avoid interacting with me, and apparently specifically me. Why is that? I don't treat new people like trash. I don't circlejerk on the main discord... at all

Yes you just called them brainless newbies who don't know what is good for them. are you gonna enlighten them like you do the rest of us IQ SLAVES?.
seems like Roq made a right choice. keep trolling Scarf you gonna win this war for sure with your forum posts. your urge for showing the right pathĀ to people pretty much reminds me of dictator Ayatollahs who rule my home country.

Edited by Faravahar
  • Like 1

GOONS will probably never find a game with as many people seemingly having some emotional investment in the future meta,so seeing that go out the window for them will be interesting. Kinda tempting to join the dark side myself in this game with how ridiculous much of the player base can be, that Mountains of Methrage poem by Greiftopia still cracks me up.

Also will see if you canĀ come up with a good unique acronym which has the same number of words in it as letters in GOONS this time. (Took a cheap shortcut with GOoONS ;)Ā )

4 minutes ago, Noctis Anarch Caelum said:

GOONS will probably never find a game with as many people seemingly having some emotional investment in the future meta,so seeing that go out the window for them will be interesting. Kinda tempting to join the dark side myself in this game with how ridiculous much of the player base can be, that Mountains of Methrage poem by Greiftopia still cracks me up.

Also will see if you canĀ come up with a good unique acronym which has the same number of words in it as letters in GOONS this time. (Took a cheap shortcut with GOoONS ;)Ā )

Please do not make us revert to neutral shoving; it was 12 years ago and no longer relevant.

Ā 

That being said, GOONS is the dark side and (un)fortunately you don't have a boarding pass.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Do Not Fear Jazz said:

Please do not make us revert to neutral shoving; it was 12 years ago and no longer relevant.

Ā 

That being said, GOONS is the dark side and (un)fortunately you don't have a boarding pass.

Was joking on joining the Dark Side anyways, I always come from the light. Also maybe just keep it GOONS if you don't want to do Neutral Shoving or come up with something new. :P

1 minute ago, Noctis Anarch Caelum said:

Was joking on joining the Dark Side anyways, I always come from the light. Also maybe just keep it GOONS if you don't want to do Neutral Shoving or come up with something new. :P

I look forward to your pleas in #mercyboards.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Noctis Anarch Caelum said:

Also will see if you canĀ come up with a good unique acronym which has tļ»æhe same number of words in it as letters in GOONS this time. (Took a cheap shortcut with GOoONS ;)Ā )

It is a shame GPA blew up all that time ago (man, I never thought Iā€™d say that), otherwise I would have recommendedĀ Goon Order of Offending Neutral Squealers.Ā 

Edited by Dio Brando

Just now, Do Not Fear Jazz said:

I look forward to your pleas in #mercyboards.

You guys have a lot of catching up to do before I'll probably even be able to fight you guys if I wanted. So guess we'll see if you can come up with a better name to start with this time. XD

Just to clarify this, since I apparently need to, GOONS is a neutral alliance. We are enlightened enough to realize that peace is the only way toĀ truly reach nirvana.Ā 

1 minute ago, Noctis Anarch Caelum said:

You guys have a lot of catching up to do before I'll probably even be able to fight you guys if I wanted. So guess we'll see if you can come up with a better name to start with this time. XD

fakeedit: The only reason your nation is larger than mine is because I've been fighting a war for the last two months.Ā 

Edited by Do Not Fear Jazz
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Goon Order of Natural Selection maybe? However anything which fits the right amount of words would be better.Throwing an extra letter in & listing off bad traits lacks any creativity. Also new name is better if you don't want everything associated with the last version also associated with this one,.?

Goon Order of Neutral Shoving was at least a better name; so would be better than GOoONS if you can't think of something new to use. If you're going to claim to be a "neutral" in this game, maybe Neutral Shoving would fit. Listing off Goon Order of Oppression, Negligence & Sadism adds in Oppression even though it doesn't fit the naming model.

• Downvote 1