Really NPO

Wendell

23 minutes ago, Nizam Adrienne said:

We're going to continue to go in circles here but let me cut to the chase. You have provided absolutely no proof this was ever my intention. I have no idea where you would have gotten that impression from, you won't say, and you've implied repeatedly it had to do with impressions over any direct phrases, which makes me trust you even less that you have any factual basis to go off here.

I'm saying you communicated with NPO gov in one instance and they completely derived the opposite impression of your future intent.  The other thing was a convo you had with a different person and they gave a summary of the conversation you had which detailed the references I make.  I don't need to provide proof. It's not a court of law and I'm not at liberty to disclose it. The intent has never been to get a guilty verdict and there is no jury. I've had to do this exact thing before as a favor to your now bloc partner's leader.

It all boils down to

1. We think you are hostile

2. Chaos alliances may or may not exist after and it will strengthen TKR.

3. The topic clearly states that your coalition winning the war threatens what we view as the balance and we could not sit idly by and let it happen.

I've pulled up possible conversations I've heard said it might come from and nowhere in there did we discuss the possibility of me hitting your sphere. Furthermore, with what's been circulating in back channels, I am convinced your entry had nothing to do with us and was instead a belief that you wanted to enter the war and we were nothing more than a convenient means to do so because you believed you could make a convincing CB using us, although "test[ing] the cohesion of the opposing side" is an interesting statement. Considering that last war, your coalition supposedly threatened anyone that might have had plans to hit any portion of the coalition with war from the whole of it, I'm really not sure what you expected or what you were hoping to prove.

I don't know who I would convince without being able to have incontrovertible evidence. I already stated I preferred to hit CoS and Valinor along side TKR. If anything, the trolling in the Horsemen topic finalized the decision to act on Chaos. I was always clear the repeated provocations were a major factor.

The issue your coalition doesn't get is you shouldn't bait someone into hitting you if you don't want it to happen and it had started from the beginnigng.

"Everything you said revolves around N$O. We know you don't have a problem with the other two." No idea what this means.

You don't believe your allies would have defended you? I very much doubt attacking you would not have the effect of dragging in most, if not all, of N$O.

I believe plans would factor that in and ether there would have been peace first on the GOB/Guardian front and then there would be a push to get us dropped or sufficient firepower from withdrawals to hit NPO itself and subdue any potential counters.

Edited by Roquentin

Either way any of PnW's finest wouldn't invade your Discord & privacy like that; so would be interesting if you have a description beyond calling them the "finest" of PnW; with no reason given to not think they weren't the outcasts instead. :P

Edit: Well, think you should be willing to give some info backing what you're saying if claiming you were wronged by some PnW players. Although if nobody did or you're not sure where they were from; not really worth making the claim. Not like we can blame every person in PnW who may seem "elite" for doing this just because some random person might have done; which nobody considers elite here. Although if people did do what you said, they don't represent the good of PnW,.

Edited by Noctis Anarch Caelum

42 minutes ago, Noctis Anarch Caelum said:

Spammed and harassed your server.

I can only say that the raid happened on August 20th, as for who exactly, i'm not familiar with their discord names but the same link to our main discord was used.

28 minutes ago, Noctis Anarch Caelum said:

Either way any of PnW's finest wouldn't invade your Discord & privacy like that; so would be interesting if you have a description beyond calling them the "finest" of PnW; with no reason given to not think they weren't the outcasts instead. :P

Well they sure are fanatical enough about the game to commit such an act, surely they're the "finest" ? " " clearly implied sarcasm i think

Edited by Yuri

1 minute ago, Yuri said:

I can only say that the raid happened on August 20th, as for who exactly, i'm not familiar with their discord names but the same link to our main discord was used.

Would think it'd be in the Discord History; although up to you guys if you want to be more isolated or try making more friends, One unknown individual doesn't represent the finiest; although of course there are bad apples everywhere. So just maybe try using common sense & how you guys want to fit into the bigger PnW Community when deciding your policies on having a public discord or not. The toxicity of a smaller minority being blown out of proportion a bit shouldn't make you think everyone is bad. :P

45 minutes ago, Roquentin said:

I'm saying you communicated with NPO gov in one instance and they completely derived the opposite impression of your future intent. 

So your "intel" is that your gov is wrong?

Edit: You're talking out of both sides of your mouth with purporting to care about dynamism in one breath and maintaining your irrational grudge against TKR with the next. It's a shame, really: it didn't have to be that way at all, and our actions reflect that. Yours do not. No amount of disingenuous whining changes the facts on the ground.

Edited by Spaceman Thrax
  • Like 1

Slaughter the shits of the world. They poison the air you breathe.

~ William S. Burroughs

4 minutes ago, Noctis Anarch Caelum said:

Would think it'd be in the Discord History; although up to you guys if you want to be more isolated or try making more friends, One unknown individual doesn't represent the finiest; although of course there are bad apples everywhere. So just maybe try using common sense & how you guys want to fit into the bigger PnW Community when deciding your policies on having a public discord or not. The toxicity of a smaller minority being blown out of proportion a bit shouldn't make you think everyone is bad. :P

I can tell you there's more than 1 person who was in the raid. For now, we would rather not take the risk. And as you might have seen, a lot of the 200+ people isn't going to be active at all, so there's not as many loss to the community as you might think. Besides, i think a few of us have already ventured out and talk to people in other discords

Just now, Spaceman Thrax said:

So your "intel" is that your gov is wrong?

No. I said it wasn't the source of the actual information, just that they felt Adrienne was upset and were alarmed. If it was our gov we could disclose it right here and now.

The actual intel describes a specific scenario.

So I just saw and only my first three sentences reference the logs at all, so my only regret here is mentioning them at all but hindsight is 20/20. Either way, let's boil it down: You are hostile enough where we feel the need the act before you gain the requisite firepower to hit. We don't wait to get hit and you can see what letting your side hit first entails. We learned that lesson a long time ago. We're not waiting around while you taunt us like someone taunting a pitbull tied to a tree.  We will hit first if we can help it.

It's still funny people think I hoped to convince anyone of anything since 1. people who don't like KERTCHOGG wouldn't care either way. 2. People who like KERTCHOGG Would never accept it.

1 minute ago, Yuri said:

I can tell you there's more than 1 person who was in the raid. For now, we would rather not take the risk. And as you might have seen, a lot of the 200+ people isn't going to be active at all, so there's not as many loss to the community as you might think. Besides, i think a few of us have already ventured out and talk to people in other discords

Well, good luck,. Feel free to contact me if you want advice with anything. 

Alright.... soooo...
We got the "New Player Good, As Long as They Aren't NPO" ✔️
We covered The NPO Bad Spat Because Only !@#$ Threaten Reporting. ✔️
Orange Man Bad Becuz We Don't Like Them. ✔️
Calling Burhann the Kid, and an !@#$. ✔️
Calling Roq a paranoid child. ✔️

Is there anything I'm missing? Was there a Scarf Callout in this thread? If so

CONGRATULATIONS EVERYONE! We've gone over the same shit, and we've done it in record time. 10 pages.
Edit: The Terry Cruz Gif is your reward. You're Welcome:
tenor.gif

Edited by Pasky Darkfire
  • Upvote 2

Bottom_Border Siggy.png

14 minutes ago, Roquentin said:

It's still funny people think I hoped to convince anyone of anything since 1. people who don't like KERTCHOGG wouldn't care either way. 2. People who like KERTCHOGG Would never accept it.

I mean. This being the case, what are you trying to accomplish actually? I hope you're having fun (this might sound sarcastic but it's not! I hope you're enjoying this because if you think it's pointless and aren't enjoying it that sucks).

Pasky: I could certainly wax philosophical about why the forum topics are so cyclical.... and might as well, since it's at least a slightly different topic. Hahaha. I think mostly the issue here is that this war doesn't actually have much to discuss politically: it's an old dynamic pushed by some old players, and is also dragging out. The fighting is a slog, so people come to the forums if they are thinking about the game, but there's really not much to comment on at the same time. Which isn't to say the war is devoid of politics per se, but it certainly doesn't have multiple months worth of it to discuss, either. :P

Edited by Spaceman Thrax
  • Upvote 1

Slaughter the shits of the world. They poison the air you breathe.

~ William S. Burroughs

11 minutes ago, Spaceman Thrax said:

I mean. This being the case, what are you trying to accomplish actually? I hope you're having fun (this might sound sarcastic but it's not! I hope you're enjoying this because if you think it's pointless and aren't enjoying it that sucks).

My main goal is to give a counter-narrative. The main position is that the attack was an attempt to establish hegemonic control. There was no real indication that it was ever the case except their own speculations meaning the idea was always in their head and they were decided. When the people involved raised the stakes to such an extent where some of  them essentially say "You're really going to have to absolutely win and kill us this time or you're going to be hunted to the ends of the earth"  that's a serious issue and why I posted more about it initially. I haven't been discussing the rationale lately until Adrienne responded to the mention of it.  I have always been willing to push against the tide to make sure an opposing viewpoint is represented. I could just post "deal with it"  instead and then I would be embracing the assertions they make. As long as there's no counter-hegemonic forum culture and the forces that have been dominant on it can post uncontested and successfully shout down anyone who opposes them, a better discourse will not develop.

Edited by Roquentin

18 minutes ago, Spaceman Thrax said:

Pasky: I could certainly wax philosophical about why the forum topics are so cyclical.... and might as well, since it's at least a slightly different topic. Hahaha. I think mostly the issue here is that this war doesn't actually have much to discuss politically: it's an old dynamic pushed by some old players, and is also dragging out. The fighting is a slog, so people come to the forums if they are thinking about the game, but there's really not much to comment on at the same time. Which isn't to say the war is devoid of politics per se, but it certainly doesn't have multiple months worth of it to discuss, either. :P

If I went through all the topics on in Orbis Central, and even in Alliance Affairs somewhat, and pulled all the similar arguments, separated them by argument, and created new threads for each argument, They'd all beat the 40 page record by a longshot. XD. Not even going to think about squashing them all into one spot... Stares at the "When Will This War End" Thread. If even half this gumption and whatever went into facilitating peace We'd been done last month. But all I see is a bunch of people in the dinning room flopping their dicks onto the dinner table. Not saying some outliers of reason don't exist, because they do. I've seen plenty of it from different people at different times. But You're all upsetting grandma with the imagery and she just wanted the kids to come together and have a nice, fun meal. And here we all are sullying her good china and ruining the tablecloth.

Bottom_Border Siggy.png

14 minutes ago, Pasky Darkfire said:

If I went through all the topics on in Orbis Central, and even in Alliance Affairs somewhat, and pulled all the similar arguments, separated them by argument, and created new threads for each argument, They'd all beat the 40 page record by a longshot. XD. Not even going to think about squashing them all into one spot... Stares at the "When Will This War End" Thread. If even half this gumption and whatever went into facilitating peace We'd been done last month. But all I see is a bunch of people in the dinning room flopping their dicks onto the dinner table. Not saying some outliers of reason don't exist, because they do. I've seen plenty of it from different people at different times. But You're all upsetting grandma with the imagery and she just wanted the kids to come together and have a nice, fun meal. And here we all are sullying her good china and ruining the tablecloth.

To lighten the mood a bit: I've always wanted to call you Pasky Dorkfire just because it sounded funny in my head but i didn't want to come off as flaming.

6 hours ago, Yuri said:

About the "ignore other discords/official PnW discord/ads", this is to avoid having our members interacting with individuals who have questionable conducts and motives as they're very new to the game and due to delicate circumstances involving where they're recruited from. I won't deny there are a lot of great and helpful people iut there, but we don't want to take the risk for now. No worries! An embassy discord server is going to be set up soon for you guys to come and meet us!

However, i would like to condemn the action of certain PnW "finest" players who took the effort of searching for our main discord(which has nothing to do with PnW) and joined just to spam and troll in there, which caused us to have to go to lockdown which is really annoying for our affiliates. Raiding a discord server that's affiliated with the game is bad, but somewhat understandable. Raiding a discord server that has nothing to do with the game? That's going to far.?

P/s: the forum handles long post on a phone terribly

Well whoever was upset in the other thread about "ignoring other discords" or w/e.... Well you can see why it was done and recommended to their members.

Edited by Singha

Yeah on the other hand with GOONS, they're all cynical grown-ups be they men or women(but probably men; let's be real) so you can be yourselves around them as much as you want but if you can dish it out and not take it, you'll have a problem. Not everyone is used to getting trolled or the tone of the PW community, but they can more than take it.

Edited by Roquentin

4 minutes ago, Singha said:

Well whoever was upset in the other thread about "ignoring other discords" or w/e.... Well you can see why they it was done and recommended to their members.

What thread was that? If somebody gets upset over not getting enough attention; their feelings don't tend to matter. XD

7 minutes ago, Roquentin said:

To lighten the mood a bit: I've always wanted to call you Pasky Dorkfire just because it sounded funny in my head but i didn't want to come off as flaming.

source.gif
Valid Perma-CB. Prepare your troops. Hopefully your spies work harder this time. lmao.

Honestly, I find it hilarious. lol. The way your name sounded in my head made me thing of like... a generic drug form of some sleeping pill.
Or like... Rin Tin Tin's cousin. Because Same syllables, ends in Tin.

Bottom_Border Siggy.png

4 minutes ago, Singha said:

Well whoever was upset in the other thread about "ignoring other discords" or w/e.... Well you can see why they it was done and recommended to their members. 

But for every person that will raid a discord server, there are plenty more who will be pleasant to talk to.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Humans cannot create anything out of nothingness. Humans cannot accomplish anything without holding onto something. After all, humans are not gods.

3 minutes ago, Pasky Darkfire said:

source.gif
Valid Perma-CB. Prepare your troops. Hopefully your spies work harder this time. lmao.

Honestly, I find it hilarious. lol. The way your name sounded in my head made me thing of like... a generic drug form of some sleeping pill.
Or like... Rin Tin Tin's cousin. Because Same syllables, ends in Tin.

Wrong syllable would be more like Tintin the book character.