Really NPO

Wendell

21 hours ago, Malal said:

I agree that this is bad for the game. There is nothing worse than weebs and we must drive them out before it's too late and sheepy is forced to rename this game Politics & Weebs.

I am self-proclaiming myself leader of the anti-anime alliance(AAA) and naming sir scarfalot as community crusher, alyster as anime annihilator, epi as kiddy killer, and Partiboi as snek. Roq will be proclaimed as fluffy enemy #1 and must be destroyed in order for A3 to succeed.

This is a desperate gamble in order to save P&W and I expect very few people to survive, which is why I'm willing to (temporarily) work with kpop scum, nasty furries, and even The Kid in order to achieve this goal. We must all put our diffrences aside to save PW from becoming entangled in the weeb web.

I'm here to fight for the weeb world

M45B7VJ.jpg

And this is not even my final form

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Guest Elijah Mikaelson

I have been thinking about this and I think too many people such as myself overreacted. Let's look at what we all THINK we know now.

1) The Weeb alliance, for the most part, joined to obtain some light novel translation within their own community.
2) They were all given a referral code to PnW meaning NPO will get 310 (to date but we know more are coming) X 25 million, 200 steal, Aluminum, Gasoline and Munitions as it stands a total of 7,750,000,000 cash and 62,000 of the four resources, lets face it that's if they all reach 500 score and in truth most can do that just by logging in.
3) They applied to the NPO offshore AA as that is what they were told to do, most will not stay once they get the novel translation but some will and it's those who stay NPO will be invited in to their alliance, so I can understand why NPO is issuing a hands-off warning to anyone who tries to be friendly with them, so those who remain will only know NPO and I can understand that I am sure NPO had to jump through a few hoops for this to happen the last thing they want is to lose the weebs to a weeb alliance after all.

Should we be scared, I do not think so, its 310 nations and if you take the time to look more than 50% of them has not even logged in after making the nation so I would be very shocked if even 25% of them reach 10 cities, simply as it seems they joined to give NPO the referral and to get a novel translation they are not wanting or willing to partake within the game or the community it seems.

As for Goons, hell I remember them, anyone who has a problem with them it's simple, raid them the second they join, block them from being able to trade with your alliance do to them what many of you are claiming they did to others, stand together on this and you will force new players out, you will most likely kill off an ally of NPO's until they turn on each other and you will be doing the very thing you blame NPO for, killing the game.

So in short like it or not, NOTHING is stopping you from getting new people to join, nothing is stopping you from doing what NPO is doing, if you do not like it then do not complain on the forums how unfair it is, go to war and stand up for yourself, I admit at first I over-reacted I was like omg if they all grow and be NPO 2.0 (better than the NPO now as they have a bigger player base) along with NPO then they would be unstoppable, but we also thought that back in CN and we all know what happened there.

So move on from the hate, as hate only brings more hate, show some love, be welcoming, get others to join and so on and see what happens

Like I said, I’m willing to see if this GOONS is different. (Although if they do the mercy board thing to grief other players, I’ll know they aren’t & wouldn’t want the seed growing further)

Edit: Also I already banned bringing back mercy boards in PnW when Shadowthrone mentioned it as a toxic practice TKR has since abandoned.

Edited by Noctis Anarch Caelum

1 hour ago, Inst said:

GOONS in CN was basically MK and Umbrella's cute pet. Then it became Umbrella's cute pet after MK disbanded. I'm having a lot of trouble seeing how obnoxious GOONS could possibly be.

Genmay was Neutral Shovings pet, after the UJW and the subsequent reformation/colonization from Lunar GOONS, we didn't have the capacity to return to our former glory. Let alone that Sard was AFK at the wheel.

17 minutes ago, Noctis Anarch Caelum said:

Like I said, I’m willing to see if this GOONS is different. (Although if they do the mercy board thing to grief other players, I’ll know they aren’t & wouldn’t want the seed growing further)

Let's see if you're any different before we start jumping to conclusions. 

fwiw, the mercy board was hilarious.

1 hour ago, Avakael said:

What miniputt games you play?

I just spent 10 minutes trying to find the old one and can't, although flash games have pretty much gone by the wayside. 

1 hour ago, Noctis Anarch Caelum said:

RUKUNU’s version of GOONS was more like Arggh & later worked together with him to create a sanction free color; as GOONs was a mutual enemy.

(If I created a new alliance, would be at least 1 former GOONs member who liked RUKUNU’s model more who would join me if I made an alliance here. So not everyone from GOONs we’re bad, although it systematically kind of evil)

RUKUNU wasn't a goon, just some disgruntled pubbie.  All he managed to do was teach an entire generation of GOONS how to properly curb someone into the ground repeatedly.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Guest Elijah Mikaelson

Edit: Also I already banned bringing back mercy boards in PnW when Shadowthrone mentioned it as a toxic practice TKR has since abandoned.

did not know you had so much power

So the plan is obviously to subdue all their enemies, and now import players to establish their hegemony with other players not being able to stop them. 

Also that “don’t talk to the community” is a classic NPO-PW move.

• Like 2

IMG_2989.png?ex=65e9efa9&is=65d77aa9&hm=

5 minutes ago, Madden8021 said:

Seems that they've given up once joined since they can't really beat veteran members or even raiders and pirates. They seen to be unaware of the current war and how it started and can't interact with the community from the main server to other P&W Servers outside NPO

More that the new members took one look at this game, and then realized: why? Most of these guys are log-in wonders, and more likely they'll just end up getting boosted once they're referral eligible to yield profit to Auctor.

Edited by Inst

8 hours ago, Do Not Fear Jazz said:

I just spent 10 minutes trying to find the old one and can't, although flash games have pretty much gone by the wayside. 

Ah, flash itself is dead. Just download golf with your friends off steam, great game.

Le1AjCa.png

7 hours ago, Kastor said:

So the plan is obviously to subdue all their enemies, and now import players to establish their hegemony with other players not being able to stop them. 

So are you admitting that KERTOGG is in fact subdued? I thought the party line was that you guys were still winning, muh net damage and all.

• Downvote 2

8 minutes ago, Dad said:

So are you admitting that KERTOGG is in fact subdued? I thought the party line was that you guys were still winning, muh net damage and all.

Edited by Sir Scarfalot
Weird embedding issue

15 hours ago, Noctis Anarch Caelum said:

Educating people about trade mechanics in the game with art therapy is good fun for everyone. Long held traditions must survive. 

1 hour ago, alyster said:

Educating people about trade mechanics in the game with art therapy is good fun for everyone. Long held traditions must survive. 

What you guys did isn't comparable to making anybody who fights back when raided do that for peace.

I see nothing wrong with making somebody draw you a picture if they want money returned; which is actually yours at that point.

Edit: Refund Board I guess is more what you did? Also don’t think Goon Order of Oppression, Negligence & Sadism Even did shark week. So debatable whether GOoONS were a legit carnation of them & maybe they ended with Goon Order of Neutral Shoving; who died near when I began CN. :P

What you guys did isn't comparable to making anybody who fights back when raided do that for peace.

I see nothing wrong with making somebody draw you a picture if they want money returned; which is actually yours at that point.

Edit: Refund Board I guess is more what you did?

Considering most micros can be exterminated even if they plea for peace in this game, that would be relatively merciful. 

Keeping it knowing it was a mistaken transaction is a transgression and if an alliance in a weaker position than TKR had done it that many times, they would get rolled if they didn't return it. The art stuff was not available to people when they started doing it. The bot relied on calling the api at a rapid pace and not too long after other people started doing it, the api call limit happened to be put in, so that tradebots weren't actually good for the game was reinforced. Your interpretation of the morality doesn't really hide it was based on TKR's ability to avoid it being escalated. Regardless the issue is moot now.

11 minutes ago, Roquentin said:

Considering most micros can be exterminated even if they plea for peace in this game, that would be relatively merciful. 

Keeping it knowing it was a mistaken transaction is a transgression and if an alliance in a weaker position than TKR had done it that many times, they would get rolled if they didn't return it. The art stuff was not available to people when they started doing it. The bot relied on calling the api at a rapid pace and not too long after other people started doing it, the api call limit happened to be put in, so that tradebots weren't actually good for the game was reinforced. Your interpretation of the morality doesn't really hide it was based on TKR's ability to avoid it being escalated. Regardless the issue is moot now.

I don’t think peace is really worth throwing away one’s pride. If stuck between that & extermination; would probably just take a break from PnW assuming no more ways to inflict damage are available :P

Shadowthrone’s description of what’s wrong with them applies well to what GOONs had setup; except they wouldn’t need to do a mistake to suddenly be rolled & trolled; until they get themselves banned or do the mercy board.

17 minutes ago, Prefonteen said:

I for one look forward to being sent to the mercy board. I'm certain the interaction between us will be one.... To remember...

As someone who has never dealt with CN or whatever, Can someone explain this concept of a Mercy Board for the uninformed?

We're having a debate on whether its a wheel you spin for punishments or, my take, a board with balloons on it that you throw darts at to pop them like the carnival game, and each balloon has a punishment.

All in all we agree it's a punishment system. ???

Bottom_Border Siggy.png

1 minute ago, Pasky Darkfire said:

As someone who has never dealt with CN or whatever, Can someone explain this concept of a Mercy Board for the uninformed?

We're having a debate on whether its a wheel you spin for punishments or, my take, a board with balloons on it that you throw darts at to pop them like the carnival game, and each balloon has a punishment.

It’s really dumb and setup to inflate the egos of a bunch of idiots who get really uptight if they don’t think you’re satisfying their ego properly & doing whatever they demand. Such as making a comic with a specific subject to inflate their ego. I thought it was stupid, so didn’t do what they wanted and we warred really long over it.

Although that was after I had stopped caring about CN & Citadel was a really high tiered bloc. So I helped some noob out they weren’t peacing & didn’t mind going out fighting if they could manage it.(they weren’t very strong individually, so would just send endless wave after waves even if slaughtered) So guess people who find that stuff fun & don’t mind punishment for hitting back when attacked; maybe they’d enjoy.

Although they made for ruthless villain at least, where we could keep fighting endlessly almost. :P

35 minutes ago, Pasky Darkfire said:

GOONS ran the mercy board, which a subforum on our forums where pubbies (non goons) would have to go to and complete tasks to have the raids against their nation's stopped. Typically you got three options which ranged from writing a poem about GOONS, a MS paint drawing, or the extreme of eat dog food on camera (that one was completed by a goon defected and retired).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Do Not Fear Jazz said:

GOONS ran the mercy board, which a subforum on our forums where pubbies (non goons) would have to go to and complete tasks to have the raids against their nation's stopped. Typically you got three options which ranged from writing a poem about GOONS, a MS paint drawing, or the extreme of eat dog food on camera (that one was completed by a goon defected and retired).

See... You had me in the first half there, chief, NGL. Innocent shit like that is ehhh. Seems like a cheap ego boost but it's innocent enough to not be down right disturbing. But that second half. wew. That dude sounds either like a total bad ass or in need of some help, but to even require something like that sounds like a shitty frat's hazing policy.

• Like 1

Bottom_Border Siggy.png

4 minutes ago, Do Not Fear Jazz said:

Yeah, but by stopped you mean they’re free from continued raids, not just if they want the current wars peaced. Think my whole dispute was I accepted someone on my AA who didn’t do it, so was still a target for continued attacks.

4 minutes ago, Noctis Anarch Caelum said:

Yeah, but by stopped you mean they’re free from continued raids, not just if they want the current wars peaced. Think my whole dispute was I accepted someone on my AA who didn’t do it, so was still a target for continued attacks.

There were a lot of reasons to continue attacking you, let's be honest.

Edited by Do Not Fear Jazz
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2