Really NPO

Wendell

11 minutes ago, Auctor said:

iunno man we're pretty desperate no telling what we might do

Click the button that says leave on your alliance page. If everyone does it you automatically win. Easy.

• Like 2
  • Downvote 5

So, after running out of natives to betray/lie to/gaslight, you decide to attempt to flood the game with ignorant newbies in the hopes of getting more people for cannonfodder.

What do you even hope to achieve from this? They'll have no fun being your pawns, and you'll gain nothing you don't already have. You're still losing, and even a million nations won't change that.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 10

10 minutes ago, Roquentin said:

Whatever.

It was an impromptu thing we didn't plan out at all and you are delusional if you think we are losing and we really give zero damns about your idea of fun

Your BS has gotten stale. 

It's hardly my ideas of 'fun' that are driving your allies out of the game/against you, now is it? I'm not the one deciding why your former allies either get betrayed by you, go inactive or delete. That's entirely on you, and it always has been.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Guest Curufinwe
8 hours ago, Changeup said:

CTpwCCbO_o.png

'They're more toxic than we are' - I mean as evidenced by the content of this thread, they're not wrong.

Edited by Curufinwe

20 minutes ago, Changeup said:

CTpwCCbO_o.png

Hah, right, because dragging in 271 people that are told in no uncertain terms to avoid interacting with the community is healthy for the game's community.

Might as well tell them all to block and embargo the game en masse, lest they become infected with freedom XD

• Upvote 5

2 minutes ago, Avakael said:

>Accused of reducing the number of people playing the game

Well @Avakael it quite clear by the screen shot above you, that NPO have no intreast in lething these people play the game. 

tenor (1).gif

Not quite sure why anyone is upset about this, honestly.  Let them have it.  NPO has always done massive recruit drives during major wars ever since they became a major player.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Roquentin said:

People like scarfalot are the exact reason and if outright trolling people wasn't a main mode of communication on the official server, it wouldn't be an issue. Alex would have to put some stricter rules if you don't want people avoiding it for toxicity. A few times I've thought of just having a generic server dedicated to welcoming people who join the game in general. For most people it's a turn off to have open trolling. 

This isn't exactly new to you though, is it?  The same was done towards NPO back in CN too, right?

• Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, Roquentin said:

People like scarfalot are the exact reason and if outright trolling people wasn't a main mode of communication on the official server, it wouldn't be an issue. Alex would have to put some stricter rules if you don't want people avoiding it for toxicity. A few times I've thought of just having a generic server dedicated to welcoming people who join the game in general. For most people it's a turn off to have open trolling. 

Oh? You're concerned about them interacting with me? All I've done is call out your BS and present some unflattering opinions about you and your leadership style. If you had faith in your narrative then there would be no reason to fear your newbies being exposed to my arguments. But no, rather than allow them to engage my points themselves and thus damage my position, you'd rather they simply were prevented from even seeing what I have to say. It sounds to me like you know full well that your narrative doesn't hold up against basic scrutiny, and you're desperate to hide that from your recruits.

Also, when's the last time I was anything but helpful and polite to a new player on discord?

Edited by Sir Scarfalot
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, Roquentin said:

For most people it's a turn off to have open trolling. 

It’s not just in game trolling either. The server itself is incredibly unmoderated in certain regards and lacks structure. It’s the same thing as shoving a hundred high schoolers with a lot of pent up aggression in one room with delicate china and thinking “yeah this is a good idea”. It’s really not. Part of it is just the nature of the beast when dealing with big servers, but the rest is a lack of desire or ability to make the environment less toxic in terms of less blatant offenses. 

• Upvote 5

5 minutes ago, Roquentin said:

I think that may be a bit unfair. In the public channels Scarf is extremely friendly. Him RPing against “the evil NPO” is hardly him trying to force anyone out or committing OOC attacks. With that said, I am confused as to why he’s so against this influx of nations.

You could always bring the newbies into Factory Fresh Media :P A place where both sides are cordial to one another. 

Factory Fresh Media, where dreams come true. Ads starting at $1 billion. Unless you’re Gorge.

https://discord.gg/7GfcRS

Ninja Edit: Ah, now I see that Scarf is more frustrated with these new players being confined to their own server and not exploring the wonderful land of Orbis Discord. 

Roq, pleaseth open ye doors and letteth ye little birds fly high....eth.

• Like 6

image.gif.d80770bf646703bba00c14ad52088af9.gif

Just now, Buorhann said:

This isn't exactly new to you though, is it?  The same was done towards NPO back in CN too, right?

There wasn't an official server and the forums were more heavily moderated but still avoided by most people. 

I mean there were griefers too but the thing is it wasn't like a primary form of interaction.  Most people kept it to fairly IC and I actually had a hard time selling the idea NPO would come back to power and some of the actions I had taken with regards to that were seen as pretty bad.

3 minutes ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

Oh? You're concerned about them interacting with me? All I've done is call out your BS and present some unflattering opinions about you and your leadership style. If you had faith in your narrative then there would be no reason to fear your newbies being exposed to my arguments. But no, rather than allow them to engage my points themselves and thus damage my position, you'd rather they simply were prevented from even seeing what I have to say. It sounds to me like you know full well that your narrative doesn't hold up against basic scrutiny, and you're desperate to hide that from your recruits.

Also, when's the last time I was anything but helpful and polite to a new player on discord?

I mean it gives a bad impression when people treating others like trash on there in general even if it's not directly to them. I don't need to validate myself but if it's a bunch of people circlejerking then I either have to outspam them, but it doesn't make it a referendum on me to give your idea of how people should play vs mine. Since we do contest the primary individualistic ethos of much of the game simply by virtue of what we do, the well is possible to poison  if it's just a bunch of people saying negative comments but on careful evaluation of the actual results, we hold up quite well.  It's been a canard since day 1 about the taxes and I'm sure if any established alliances on your side had done it first, there wouldn't be as much attacking done on it rather than it being an objective assessment of how we play.

• Like 1

Guest Curufinwe
6 minutes ago, Kevanovia said:

I think that may be a bit unfair. In the public channels Scarf is extremely friendly. Him RPing against “the evil NPO” is hardly him trying to force anyone out or committing OOC attacks. With that said, I am confused as to why he’s so against this influx of nations.

That...

1 hour ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

So, after running out of natives to betray/lie to/gaslight, you decide to attempt to flood the game with ignorant newbies in the hopes of getting more people for cannonfodder.

...holds up?

Who wouldn't want to interact with the Scarfy welcome wagon:

Image result for you're all slaves!

1 minute ago, Roquentin said:

I mean it gives a bad impression when people treating others like trash on there in general even if it's not directly to them. I don't need to validate myself but if it's a bunch of people circlejerking then I either have to outspam them, but it doesn't make it a referendum on me to give your idea of how people should play vs mine. Since we do contest the primary individualistic ethos of much of the game simply by virtue of what we do, the well is possible to poison  if it's just a bunch of people saying negative comments but on careful evaluation of the actual results, we hold up quite well.  It's been a canard since day 1 about the taxes and I'm sure if any established alliances on your side had done it first, there wouldn't be as much attacking done on it rather than it being an objective assessment of how we play.

That doesn't answer me in the slightest. Right here, I'm not debating specifics or generalities or anything about your alliance policies; I'm calling you out for ordering all of your hundreds of new players to avoid interacting with me, and apparently specifically me. Why is that? I don't treat new people like trash. I don't circlejerk on the main discord... at all... in fact I've written barely anything there at all in the last few months.

I'm saying, if you had faith in your own position you wouldn't be so scared of the evil poisonous power of a dissenting platform. But you are scared, you specifically call me out as the "exact reason" why you've ordered these new players to shun the community at large. So tell me, why exactly is it that they should be ordered to avoid me? Am I right? Or is there another reason?