Looking Deep! TKR

Lupin III

Kosonome might be the smartest guy playing & good guy. Probably would have joined TKR during Knightfall if him alone could get me in.

So my view was TKR would be destroying what I think was their most impressive accomplishment. So it was cool they ignored everyone who said the terms looked fair and great; but instead fought for better.

• Haha 1

On 8/17/2019 at 4:36 AM, Robert Taber said:

LOOKING DEEP: TKR

Welcome! To "Looking Deep"!

"Looking Deep" is an sort of experiment I thought about a second ago, and one that I thought would be fun to try out.

The premise of this, is a sort of thread for the members and ex members of the specified alliance to tell their story in it, and I thought the best way to start this off, is by selecting one of the most active communities in the game, TKR! 

Just a bit of backstory, if you are a newer player such as myself. I'm going to start at the "Trial of Tiers" because that's were I started off, and I don't want to fumble around, I'll leave that to those who reply to this thread ?

Community

From the time I began this game, to now, I always look at the community (Salty as it may be at times) to be the best part of this game, some people may agree or not, but that is my solid belief. Being that the community is such an important part, the first time I had seen TKR, it had seemed they had very much enshrined that belief into their alliance to make it a whole new community in itself, basically a family of sorts, if you will. I wouldn't shy away from saying that The Knights Radiant is one of, the most friendly, welcoming and active alliances out there, they also have a very important skill, that a lot of alliances ignore, welcoming newer players, making them feel at home, liked, etc. 

Welcoming newer players is such an important skill, I'm going to go on a bit of a rant because of how much it is. A lot of alliance forget about newer players, and have the mindset of "Hand them a guide and order them around" , a lot of newer players may shy away from conversation with older players, to not look silly in front of people that are more experienced, but alliances that deal with this, truly benefit the game, nurturing a newer player, and inviting them into conversation, playing games with them, or whatever is an absolutely crucial part of keeping this game alive, and most importantly having fun, especially with those new friends you have made. It might be a silly thing to say, but a loneliness of a player, a person whose joined for the game, but left because he has been shut out, is hard to see. A lot older players tend to see newer players as a obstacle in front of their "Next city" or "Progress" but those players have no idea what those new players mean to the game as a whole. They are the next generation, per se, and they should be supported. Hats off to most alliances, and very well done to those who help introduce newer players to their community and the P&W community as a whole.

Anyway, that paragraph is meant to underline the importance of it, and in my opinion TKR is absolutely great at it, all the people are friendly, you can randomly chat to someone and they'll kindly do the same back to you, it is a very warm atmosphere, a sense of importance. Which, is very much so, the greatest trait in this game that an alliance could have.

History

TKR, is based off of a book by Brandon Sanderson, named "The Stormlight Archive", I can't say much about the beginning so as I've previously stated, I will move onto more familiar territory. Before Knightfall, TKR was an absolute powerhouse, perhaps not necessarily in military might, which was certainly a big stick they held, but in influence. TKR absolutely dominated world affairs, and that is not overestimating the history of it, TKR had been known as "The world police" for it's past actions, dealing with the Hogwarts-Sparta war, chasing down Partisan, etc, whatever was going on in the world, one way or another, they were certainly involved be it big or small. A lot of that can be seen to have started from Trial of Tiers, because of how much of an impact it had on very influential alliances, Mensa disbanding, t$ losing influence, certainly the rise of TKR as a truly alliance shifting power cannot have started if it had not become the dominant leader of Easy mode and certainly the loss of two Behemoths helped make that a reality, but the end of that era swiftly came around with Knightfall, beating TKR harder and giving them a loss that I would think would be hard to forget, the Chaos sphere, proved to be the evidence that TKR needed new allies, and also that it had lost the near Hegemonic power that it once held. It also hit TKR from 1st in the alliance leaderboards, doesn't seem important but new players sometimes choose the strongest alliance, learning from the best.

Conclusion 

Now that you have either been thoroughly bored to death, or has even chosen to skip the whole segment above, for how possibly face palming my knowledge of it is. Please at least stay for this, if you are a member, leader, ex member of TKR then it would be great for you to share that story on this thread, your experience in the alliance, and for older players, possibly sharing interesting segments of your history. If this gets any if at all, positive review, I'll try to do another alliance of which I am interested in. Thank you! And If you do take a little bit of your time off, I appreciate it very much.

this was not based on discord or slack because of micchan's absolute distaste for them 

if you go blind by reading this i bare no responsibility 

I was not chased down, friend! I stood firmly at the head of Terminal Jest in anticipation of TKR finding its nutsack and hitting me.

Alas! It was not meant to be!

P.S. Adrienne has chased down my heart. She is my favorite ally.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

os9LcJK.gif

TKR is the cool place to hang out. You can find most of the cool people there. In TKR, you can just chill and do whatever and totally relax. “Take it easy” is the TKR motto, for example, that's how laid back it is there.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Roquentin said:

TKR is the cool place to hang out. You can find most of the cool people there. In TKR, you can just chill and do whatever and totally relax. “Take it easy” is the TKR motto, for example, that's how laid back it is there.

Awww, thanks, Roq. Glad to hear you think so.

• Upvote 2

BrOQBND.jpg

15 hours ago, Roquentin said:

I love you so much, you have no idea.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

I for one am completely unsurprised that Roq is intimately familiar with it.

He's actually a LUEser more than a GOON, although some of your allies have elements of GOONS in their history.

Being familiar with Something Awful as well as its history isn't a bad thing, given that SA was the alpha pack of Anglophone internet language community.

Anyways, DNFJ, CB-acquired?

1 hour ago, Inst said:

He's actually a LUEser more than a GOON, although some of your allies have elements of GOONS in their history.

Being familiar with Something Awful as well as its history isn't a bad thing, given that SA was the alpha pack of Anglophone internet language community.

Anyways, DNFJ, CB-acquired?

Um not really. I didn't really find it organically on there since as it says, it was a very insider-only forum.

2 hours ago, Nizam Adrienne said:

Ah, so another internet thing I'm woefully out of touch with. Good to know.

To clarify, I actually i wasn't expecting Inst to go dig up and see what it means or anyone to get the reference. It was just meant to be an overly sweet post that would cause people to go "huh?" I originally saw it when GOONS used as their about but with GOONS instead of FYAD.

To give a sincere opinion, regardless of my stance on what TKR was going to do, I am really glad individuals like @Maeve Thieves have found somewhere they want to call home and aren't constantly alliance shopping to get a better deal. I know his desire to play for TKR isn't unique to him and it's great people are getting behind something rain or shine. 

I once had a conversation with  @Lordship where we discussed what we were doing as communities and he made a very poignant statement along the lines that for him it was when he'd look back with the others it wasn't going to be about who won or lost the wars,  but the fun people had being together and he wanted to cultivate that type of thing within TKR. I"m glad the mindset of various members is along those lines. It should be along the lines of committed fandom like in sports. The Cubs and the Red Sox eventually won world series, but even though they were thought to be cursed, they always had passionate fans.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...