OFA surrender

spartacus

Glad you're willing to learn from your mistakes, make sure to keep those members that didn't leave/go inactive and rise back up to glory. Be sure to organize, and go in-depth with all of your remaining members on things to improve on. Work on your communication, work on coordination.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

Hey, be fair. That's a hefty drop, yeah, but EVERYONE drops their fat when times get tough. If that means they're left with a dozen quality members and a remaining gov setup that's willing to continue past their beatings, then that's when they're on life support no longer but are in fact a small, but battle-tested alliance. They're probably in the best possible spot for turning themselves around and becoming something respectable.

Now I'm not saying they have achieved respectability... sorry lads. Not quite there yet. I'm just saying they have that chance now, and they've taken major steps towards that.

Given the history of their leader, i don't know that i'd call them quality members. Government reflects their membership, afterall. 

Guess that explains why mine start spamming edgy memes everywhere in VC, huh? :P

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

2 minutes ago, Akuryo said:

Given the history of their leader, i don't know that i'd call them quality members. Government reflects their membership, afterall. 

Guess that explains why mine start spamming edgy memes everywhere in VC, huh? :P

Well, like I said, they haven't achieved respectability yet. They've got a lot of work to do, but sticking it out in a major war for as long as they did is a big step in the right direction.

There's been a lot of what id call interesting responses on here

id like to point out that an alliance with that many members shouldn't be felt bad for

But I also think that they don't deserve congratulations, or to think that they tried their best, they had some of the best warlords in the game on their side, and did not let anyone help them, to the point where they had to raid them. That is not trying your best.

I wish them luck and hope to see them next war, but I don't think they should be congratulated on this one

• Like 1

fourm2.png.cb775498c7f188941c4f54b5ff29f34f.pngfourmthing3.png.0537709b9b8d019542a96c0c23c84b87.png

5 hours ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

Well, like I said, they haven't achieved respectability yet. They've got a lot of work to do, but sticking it out in a major war for as long as they did is a big step in the right direction.

I'd be more inclined to agree if that act was of pure resilience and will of it's membership.

Except, it clearly wasn't. Infact thanks to the many delightful logs shared all across Orbis, we know it was due entirely to the leader acting like an absolute nutcase.  Now, sure, a bakers dozen or so are still there. A bakers dozen out of 80 however, that's not noble resistance. That's pointless suicide where the cops showed up just in time.

Epi put it simply. He was a paranoid nutcase. I'm not about to congratulate him for that, and i'm not sure why any of you are when we've spent the whole war laughing at them and the increasingly insane nonsense that kept coming from them. Or when you've spent it decrying NPO's paranoia. I'll save mine for IF and WHEN i glance over next sometime in the future and see actual results from the lessons learned.

Til then, i fail to see how they're any different from any other blackhole micro everyone hates, driven to crash and burn with nearly everyone onboard. I've stated my blunt truth on it, and i have never been kind to other alliances who were blackholes the very same, nor would i be kind to myself were i to become one.

Nothing more i can or need be said, done here.
@spartacus Give yourself the favor of an honest, brutally blunt appraisal of the results of your actions. You damn near killed your alliance. My actions twice, perhaps even 3 times brought things close to where something like this may have been reality for me, and mine is not much older. The difference is i managed to snap out of it just in time to stop the iceberg from ripping the hull open. You cannot prevent all mistakes that carry that threat, but you can always dodge the iceberg, if only just. In many ways, government and leadership in this game, is just dodging icebergs. No micro has taken my offer before, perhaps because i am this way about it, but i have always been here, if for some reason they should ever want a blunt-faced outlook from someone who stands on their level.  I promise, i can be much nicer when it means one less blackhole in the game. People just don't usually see those DMs :P

• Downvote 1

I was going to come here and give the canned "congrats on peace" message that I should. However, I'm feeling awake at 5:01 so I'm going to tell you what I really think....

Lasting this long is not honorable because quite frankly you were not doing anything for the last few weeks anyway, in fact, there were times I forgot you were even in the war. On top of that when you "actively" participated, another coalition member had to hit you because you could not get your members under control. Piled on top of that was the fact you did not actively participate in colo talks, the guy you sent to participate got kicked from OFA for potentially wanting to coup you for being a bad leader. 

Our colo has some amazing people at war and even some amazing fa/ econ guys, we could have easily helped you out. From rss to coordination, however, you choose to not participate at an alliance level, I can only hope you talked to your protectors. Your alliance is a reflection of the leadership and their ability to lead so if essentially your entire alliance gives up during war its time to reflect on if your a capable leader or not (and if not change), or disband. The path you have OFA on right now is gonna be a train wreck and you will be wasting your and most importantly your members' time. 

Now don't take this as me saying you're bad and have no hope and to disband, because frankly, I think alliances disbanding is not good for the game overall and I hate to see members of the community leave, what I am saying is; fix your alliance and YOURSELF. If you cant do that then disband because of the only thing as bad as alliances disbanding is alliances that kill off potential active community members by their lack of structure and leadership. 

• Upvote 5

0b3897cd640f95254329f7a2d45d8c77b1c120e.

yall really cant let an alliance surrender and move on without making sure to trash them one more time? smh nobody asked for your opinion

good luck with the rebuild OFA, im sure yall learned a lot

Edited by hope
  • Upvote 5

6 hours ago, James T. Kirk said:

I was going to come here and give the canned "congrats on peace" message that I should. However, I'm feeling awake at 5:01 so I'm going to tell you what I really think....

Lasting this long is not honorable because quite frankly you were not doing anything for the last few weeks anyway, in fact, there were times I forgot you were even in the war. On top of that when you "actively" participated, another coalition member had to hit you because you could not get your members under control. Piled on top of that was the fact you did not actively participate in colo talks, the guy you sent to participate got kicked from OFA for potentially wanting to coup you for being a bad leader. 

Our colo has some amazing people at war and even some amazing fa/ econ guys, we could have easily helped you out. From rss to coordination, however, you choose to not participate at an alliance level, I can only hope you talked to your protectors. Your alliance is a reflection of the leadership and their ability to lead so if essentially your entire alliance gives up during war its time to reflect on if your a capable leader or not (and if not change), or disband. The path you have OFA on right now is gonna be a train wreck and you will be wasting your and most importantly your members' time. 

Now don't take this as me saying you're bad and have no hope and to disband, because frankly, I think alliances disbanding is not good for the game overall and I hate to see members of the community leave, what I am saying is; fix your alliance and YOURSELF. If you cant do that then disband because of the only thing as bad as alliances disbanding is alliances that kill off potential active community members by their lack of structure and leadership. 

This is quite the turn around attitude of yours considering you folks were attempting to manipulate our side to peace them out earlier by attacking more alliances.

6 hours ago, James T. Kirk said:

This is the exact reason why they left the war. Amon is new. OFA is new. The gov, mostly inactive, couldn't control it's members.

They were just hurting themselves for staying in that war, especially since even their coalition wanted them out. Amon and me talked about that since a certain time, and we came to the conclusion that his alliance needed a brake. His members were leaving, his gov, inactive, and they had gained a bad reputation. It wasn't hard to convince him to do what was better for OFA.

But everything that you wrote is absolutely pointless, since he knows it. There has been at least 20 other guys, just like you, saying the exact same thing. Yes OFA needs to be better. It was their first war, and most of their members were absolute noobs.

Now what you said is right, and Amon needs to fix OFA for real, but don't you think that you could tell him what he should be better at ? Instead of just showing him his mistakes, explain how he could work not to make them again. Otherwise, what you're saying is absolutely irrelevant, and it will never help him.

Thanks for your opinion though.

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, hope said:

yall really cant let an alliance surrender and move on without making sure to trash them one more time? smh nobody asked for your opinion

good luck with the rebuild OFA, im sure yall learned a lot

Nobody has ever in a million years asked for yours either, but i've never seen it stop you.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

9 minutes ago, Deulos said:

@Akuryo

156597521337885769(2).jpg

Your usage of an expanding brain meme has redeemed all evils you may ever have committed. I know they're old as hell but i've always liked them. :P

13 hours ago, Buorhann said:

This is quite the turn around attitude of yours considering you folks were attempting to manipulate our side to peace them out earlier by attacking more alliances.

I mean, yes but part of me hoped they would say "No, we're in it to win it" 

12 hours ago, Durand said:

This is the exact reason why they left the war. Amon is new. OFA is new. The gov, mostly inactive, couldn't control it's members.

They were just hurting themselves for staying in that war, especially since even their coalition wanted them out. Amon and me talked about that since a certain time, and we came to the conclusion that his alliance needed a brake. His members were leaving, his gov, inactive, and they had gained a bad reputation. It wasn't hard to convince him to do what was better for OFA.

But everything that you wrote is absolutely pointless, since he knows it. There has been at least 20 other guys, just like you, saying the exact same thing. Yes OFA needs to be better. It was their first war, and most of their members were absolute noobs.

Now what you said is right, and Amon needs to fix OFA for real, but don't you think that you could tell him what he should be better at ? Instead of just showing him his mistakes, explain how he could work not to make them again. Otherwise, what you're saying is absolutely irrelevant, and it will never help him.

Thanks for your opinion though.

Lol this is lolzy, I believe if you read my post I clearly stated Amon did not participate in internal Colo. Am I suppose to go message every single micro alliance to offer help? If they can't take the initiative to take help and participate then their failure is on them. 

Good that he knows it, but never hurts to say I also have the same opinion of them, this is a forum Afterall and kinda the point. 

1 hour ago, James T. Kirk said:

I mean, yes but part of me hoped they would say "No, we're in it to win it" 

I had kind of hoped maybe the same while they were in already and other side wanted a surrender. There wasn’t a high cost to his surrender at least, so was up to them ultimately.

Although think Amon was pretty much the only Gov left, so I dunno. Although I’m the kind of person who would oppose surrender if I saw any possibility of still winning in war.:P