Of Pickaxes and Hammers - A Tale of Surrender

Evernt

1 hour ago, Nizam Adrienne said:

If the starting point of your response is to bring up an ad from six months that stood up for less than eight hours because we decided to pull it, apologized to you guys for it personally and explained the situation, and you're continuing to use that to vilify us by declaring us toxic, then entire post already started from a lack of good faith. I'll respond back to you seriously when you decide to engage seriously. Until then, I'd prefer not to waste my time.

Apologies for hijacking your thread, Nokia. 

If it was a single ad I’d agree. Given your members recent advertisements attempting to gaslight roq and in general the enabling behaviour of gaslighting folks and ads like that being a recurring habit, you’d see why id find it hard to believe they are one offs ;)

Edited by Shadowthrone
  • Downvote 2

On 8/12/2019 at 9:27 PM, MRBOOTY said:

hey watch it buddy you dont want to be the target of my next diss track

Maybe he wants to hear the infamous *spank bank wank dank yank hank spank skank* first hand. It’s a real treat  

As far as the debate above is concerned, arguing about whether someone is sincere or not is usually pretty fricking useless. It nine out of ten times doesn’t get anywhere. I’m not going to wade through the bullshit in this thread to point out what I see wrong (and trust me, I see wrong on both sides), but maybe drop the subject and move on if the conversation is going to devolve into second grade level “no u”. I think we have enough threads doing that already.

(It’ll probably do both of you good if you talk it out in private. Seriously.)

Edited by Dio Brando
  • Upvote 4

49 minutes ago, Dio Brando said:

Maybe he wants to hear the infamous *spank bank wank dank yank hank spank skank* first hand. It’s a real treat  

As far as the debate above is concerned, arguing about whether someone is sincere or not is usually pretty fricking useless. It nine out of ten times doesn’t get anywhere. I’m not going to wade through the bullshit in this thread to point out what I see wrong (and trust me, I see wrong on both sides), but maybe drop the subject and move on if the conversation is going to devolve into second grade level “no u”. I think we have enough threads doing that already.

(It’ll probably do both of you good if you talk it out in private. Seriously.)

No u ❤️ 

6 hours ago, Shadowthrone said:

Hey they just enjoy enabling gaslighting behaviour + calling folks subhuman for fun. Not at all toxic! 

What are you babling about? Calling people subhuman? And you wonder why I keep using themes about lying.

There has been 1 ad. If you take offense in propaganda topic calling NPO out on on lying then you shouldn't lie. And grow a thicker skin. 

Edited by alyster

33 minutes ago, alyster said:

What are you babling about? Calling people subhuman? And you wonder why I keep using themes about lying.

There has been 1 ad. If you take offense in propaganda topic calling NPO out on on lying then you shouldn't lie. And grow a thicker skin. 

Oh, I see, TKR put up an advert a few months ago calling folks subhuman. 26712063842670cf60ef2dfbe56505a501d77514 

I'm wondering where I am lying here? 

Also calling NPO as liars are one thing, but running with the deranged/crazy blot test meme and calling Roq out by using such terms isn't propaganda, its gaslighting. It takes someone with a thicker skin to call it out for what it is ;) 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4

1 hour ago, alyster said:

It’s been well known that term has been used far more than that ad, by “upstanding” members of the TKR community. Given its unironic usage and ancestry of several of the people called subhuman it’s a fair criticism. This is doubly true given TKRs fanatical claim to being honorable. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

11 hours ago, Roquentin said:

You didn't spend any time. You just made condescending comments like the smug !@#$ you are. You literally proposed logistically impossible solutions knowing that it was the case while sucking up to Buorhann and there were never any private convos about it. You just did it as a taunt towards an alliance you didn't like. Zero good faith and that is the definition of durmij.

How was pointing out going from 1300 to 1500 infra would pay itself off in under a month when the war cycle almost guaranteed 3 months of peace proposing a logistically impossible solution? Please, it's been years, and the only concrete response I can recall is that our advice was a conspiracy to make NPO take more damage in the following war. There were no private conversations because everything that could be said had been on the forum already. The points were made, the math was out there and you refused it. I had a pretty firm grasp on my non forum FA work because I had other time commitments and didn't see the need to tilt that windmill, metaphorically speaking. It wasn't because I disliked you. I was only annoyed at you then. I dislike you now, and you can quote that in your next victim theatre rant. And that dislike didn't spring from nothing. It's borne out of your constant undercutting of my own agency in this narrative that I was nothing but a Bourhann lackey, and the constant reauthoring my experiences to suit that narrative. I don't dislike people for in game interactions, at least not for long. Partisan tried to get me rolled vis-a-vis UPN and I have no ill will towards him. SK was part of a sphere that tried to destroy the alliance I was leading through nefarious means (granted, that was mostly Valyria), but I don't hold any grudges there. VE did a ton of shady and disingenuous things in and around Silent War, and our post war state and that's not material to any of my considerations on their current actions. Most telling, I was absolutely livid with Manthrax during the Silent War peace talks, but now he's one of the people I'm closest with in this game.

You've constructed this image of me, an effigy, that's been corrected multiple times by myself and even others. And you've constructed effigies of others, laying your current viewpoints over their identities, forcing them and their associates back on the forums to correct things. It's an ongoing cycle that many have commented on, and I'm under no illusion that it will come to an end any time soon. It's unfortunate that such effigies take so much time and energy to disassemble, but they do get disassembled for all but you and your closest forum compatriots. Because as hard as you try, you don't get to define anyone else.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, durmij said:

How was pointing out going from 1300 to 1500 infra would pay itself off in under a month when the war cycle almost guaranteed 3 months of peace proposing a logistically impossible solution? Please, it's been years, and the only concrete response I can recall is that our advice was a conspiracy to make NPO take more damage in the following war. There were no private conversations because everything that could be said had been on the forum already. The points were made, the math was out there and you refused it. I had a pretty firm grasp on my non forum FA work because I had other time commitments and didn't see the need to tilt that windmill, metaphorically speaking. It wasn't because I disliked you. I was only annoyed at you then. I dislike you now, and you can quote that in your next victim theatre rant. And that dislike didn't spring from nothing. It's borne out of your constant undercutting of my own agency in this narrative that I was nothing but a Bourhann lackey, and the constant reauthoring my experiences to suit that narrative. I don't dislike people for in game interactions, at least not for long. Partisan tried to get me rolled vis-a-vis UPN and I have no ill will towards him. SK was part of a sphere that tried to destroy the alliance I was leading through nefarious means (granted, that was mostly Valyria), but I don't hold any grudges there. VE did a ton of shady and disingenuous things in and around Silent War, and our post war state and that's not material to any of my considerations on their current actions. Most telling, I was absolutely livid with Manthrax during the Silent War peace talks, but now he's one of the people I'm closest with in this game.

You've constructed this image of me, an effigy, that's been corrected multiple times by myself and even others. And you've constructed effigies of others, laying your current viewpoints over their identities, forcing them and their associates back on the forums to correct things. It's an ongoing cycle that many have commented on, and I'm under no illusion that it will come to an end any time soon. It's unfortunate that such effigies take so much time and energy to disassemble, but they do get disassembled for all but you and your closest forum compatriots. Because as hard as you try, you don't get to define anyone else.

I'm not going to derail the topic further but it was partly addressed the last time you tried to use your three year old grudge against me and you will always be someone who became a Mensa lapdog and mocked isolated alliances and acted tough.

Feel free to stuff it.

Also best of luck to everyone in this peace deal.

• Upvote 1

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Aragorn, son of Arathorn said:

snip

3 hours ago, durmij said:

snip

50 minutes ago, Roquentin said:

"I'm not going to derail the topic further but" I will.

I said "please". Next one to derail washes the dishes (and gets a warning).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Shadowthrone said:

Oh, I see, TKR put up an advert a few months ago calling folks subhuman. 26712063842670cf60ef2dfbe56505a501d77514 

I'm wondering where I am lying here? 

Also calling NPO as liars are one thing, but running with the deranged/crazy blot test meme and calling Roq out by using such terms isn't propaganda, its gaslighting. It takes someone with a thicker skin to call it out for what it is ;) 

A) You are right of the subhuman apparently. Wasn't my work, check my nation age I wasn't back at the time. Hence why I had no idea what you were talking about.

B ) It is not Roq focused, but focused on NPOs paranoia. I know what you are hinting at and you are reading too much out of the ads . Think about your elawyering on OWF and put yourself in my shoes. Pinocchio nose, Trump, paranoia etc fit perfectly. Only one gif has been really about Roq. And that quite literally used his own quotes. 

Only person gaslighting anyone is you trying to paint me toxic :D Good job son. 

Edited by alyster
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

On 8/14/2019 at 4:24 AM, Elijah Mikaelson said:

you are only net positive as you had no infra to lose if you take in to account the infra you had before surfs up you would have nothing to brag about.

Except TGH only took 4.7bn in infra damage during surfs up and we have a 32bn net.

Imagine being so bad your side has to rely on Ketogg stats from a previous war to pretend you are winning.

I guess we could always brag that we are carrying both sides of the same war according to you

Ketogg will graciously accept the surrender of both sides to us. Should be fun. 

XLL3z4T.gif

cough cough 
@ everyone This is a just a reminder that you are all playing a game, and that behind each screen is a living, breathing person with feelings. I hope that everyone can be respectful of each other, even when we disagree, and realize that while this is a competitive game, there's no need to take it to a personal level. Be kinder to each other. We can all work together to make a better, friendlier, less toxic community by having compassion and respect for one another.

• Haha 3
  • "We ruin the countries we govern and the people in our care. We slaughter our enemies and sacrifice all our allies. We’ll keep killing till there’s nothing left but to destroy ourselves. It will never be enough"
  • "You'll never win"

Guest Zephyr
3 hours ago, Nokia Rokia said:

this is Our first alliance post to get 4 pages awesome work @Evernt

now then to cutting out good quotes and stuff from the salt here

Now you can start a sister alliance, The Salt Mines.

Guest Elijah Mikaelson
6 hours ago, Sketchy said:

Except TGH only took 4.7bn in infra damage during surfs up and we have a 32bn net.

Imagine being so bad your side has to rely on Ketogg stats from a previous war to pretend you are winning.

I guess we could always brag that we are carrying both sides of the same war according to you

Ketogg will graciously accept the surrender of both sides to us. Should be fun. 

are you really this dumb or is it just a great act?, now let's see if you can follow this however I do not hold out hope.

If you had infra you would not have been able to down declare by 10 to 15 cities this means you would be fighting people within your city range of about 5, so you would not have had a huge advantage at the start of the war and you would find that this means you would have been overrun in every tier but the whale tier and even then as you find with GoB most whales hide and build-out of range of wars to pixel hug.

As for the damage you had taken in surf's up let's face it if you did not max militarize beforehand Chaos would piss all over Tekog and you know it,  but you keep singing that out of tune song about this and that but the facts remain, you have lost this war and the only reason you can claim you beat chaos is that Chaos let themselves be beaten by not maxing military when ketog did, as we all know if chaos did you would be on the losing side.

KETOG is by far the weakest block, this is why you go around picking fights and acting hard so others do not see how weak you really are, you have been carried this war that's a fact, now I know you will run to the stats of how much damage you have done, as THAT'S all you have, nothing else, you have lost that simple.

16 minutes ago, Elijah Mikaelson said:

are you really this dumb or is it just a great act?, now let's see if you can follow this however I do not hold out hope.

If you had infra you would not have been able to down declare by 10 to 15 cities this means you would be fighting people within your city range of about 5, so you would not have had a huge advantage at the start of the war and you would find that this means you would have been overrun in every tier but the whale tier and even then as you find with GoB most whales hide and build-out of range of wars to pixel hug.

As for the damage you had taken in surf's up let's face it if you did not max militarize beforehand Chaos would piss all over Tekog and you know it,  but you keep singing that out of tune song about this and that but the facts remain, you have lost this war and the only reason you can claim you beat chaos is that Chaos let themselves be beaten by not maxing military when ketog did, as we all know if chaos did you would be on the losing side.

KETOG is by far the weakest block, this is why you go around picking fights and acting hard so others do not see how weak you really are, you have been carried this war that's a fact, now I know you will run to the stats of how much damage you have done, as THAT'S all you have, nothing else, you have lost that simple.

Mate I don't know what on earth your plan is. 

a) You pissed off BK

b) You shut the door on Citadel

c) If Camelot had a spine they'd want to roll you.

d) You're pissing on KETOG's toes here. 

You do know that pretty soon you will have to look for allies so that all of your multies wouldn't get rolled. 

18 hours ago, Chief Wiggum said:

I said "please". Next one to derail washes the dishes (and gets a warning).

From the Desk of Praggle

Exorock, the greatest nation ever

Partipeace2.jpg?width=375&height=281

Greetings, Friends!

As the special speaker of the greatest poop alliance, I am happy to announce that there is a tentative agreement in place which will fulfill the Fragglesan prerequisites to the begin of peace negotiations! We hope that once the terms of the deal are fulfilled, we may begin discussing terms for the peaceful exit of Dark Brotherhood from this global war.

I wil be keeping you posted friends, but let's go through some related news first. Exorock is ecstatic to announce the launch of its coal proliferation programme. The programme will be a key element in the hippo's defeat, and profitable for all. Coal donations of any quantity are welcome. Join the cause, throw coal at exorock today!

Hugs

Praggle

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

os9LcJK.gif

21 minutes ago, Epi said:

Just because you plot against someone doesn't mean you need to fight them, nor them you. If that were the case, Polaris would be the most veteran alliance in all of nation sim history. 

So you asked BK what to think about the leaks and they said to forget about it? :D 

Edited by alyster
  • Like 1