trade agreementsystem

Subin

How about introducing a new trade agreement system.

Introduce an option to create an agreement (1 week, 2 week, 1 month...)between two nations for importing and exporting their resourses

Lets say nation1 and nation2

Nation 1 has high amt of food and nation2 dont have food but oil.

nation1 contacts nation2 for an agreement over importing oil for food. There must me options in this system.

example : nation1 gives an offer - 20% of the the food produced in every turn will be given to nation2 for 15% of the oil produced in their every turn.

There must be options for contact length. May be 1 week, 2 week etc. And also give an option to cancel the agreement. But if a nation cancels the agreement, cancelling nation must give some compensation to the other nation

Edited by karkani

• Administrators

Instead of doing automated agreements (which put a big load on the server) you could instead find the nation you want to import oil regularly from, have him send you a big personal offer (like 500 oil at X price) and then just accept the offer in little chunks as you need it.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

Regarding that, Sheepy...I don't know what exactly happened, so please enlighten me. I had a trade where the sender had insufficient funds. When I tried to accept it and received the error message, the trade was eliminated. Maybe the sender deleted it. How is it set up to work?

As long as offers will remain open despite failures to collect, I think open trades are a good solution.

• Administrators

Regarding that, Sheepy...I don't know what exactly happened, so please enlighten me. I had a trade where the sender had insufficient funds. When I tried to accept it and received the error message, the trade was eliminated. Maybe the sender deleted it. How is it set up to work?

As long as offers will remain open despite failures to collect, I think open trades are a good solution.

In your particular instance the player might have had $X on hand when he sent you an offer to buy some of your resources, and then spent some of that money so he did not have enough to fulfill your offer. When you tried to execute the trade, the game recognized he didn't have the funds and so triggered an error and removed the offer so that wouldn't happen again.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

• Administrators

Is there an easy way to keep offers open despite that error? Wouldn't that be necessary to make open offers a viable alternative to contracts?

It's a consequence of not having your funds/resources taken away immediately when you make an offer (why the game was that way to begin with). The simple answer is just don't overdo it, if you make an offer to buy oil from someone else don't go and spend all your money, otherwise they're not going to be able to get money from you that you don't have, you know?

Forums Rules | Game Link