Make Beige damage military?

Lu Xun

Currently, beige is very impotent, the mechanic can be avoided almost entirely through the two steps of:

1. Having low infra, so infrastructure damage is trivial

2. Good WC / bank management, so that no loot is derived.

Because of these two factors, as well as how beige benefits the defender by giving 25 turns of being undeclarable, people prefer beige chaining or not beiging people at all. One suggestion might be to increase the damage dealt by beige, by making it so that beiging now destroys military assets; i.e, in the chaos and commotion of being defeated, troops desert, tanks are destroyed, airfields get wrecked, and ships in harbor get sabotaged.

I'd suggest 2.5-10% of the loser's military assets be destroyed every beige, depending on war type. I'd like to see what others thing about this.

Not sure what you'd think of this, it'd finally allow tanks and ships to destroy aircraft, albeit indirectly by causing a beige.

• Upvote 5

A few things:

-For planestrat updeclares, this does present advantages, but also disadvantages. Advantages would include pushing sides to beige chain instead of letting wars expire and launching another series of wars. For instance, if you only manage to break through the initial planes, but not the tanks / ships, an attrition beige would help reduce the tanks / ships and make it easier for the person reinforcing to declare, as there'd be less tanks / ships up boosting score.. War expiration is roughly pushing 96-108-132 MAP (3 attackers) over 60 turns. Beige chaining, on the other hand, reduces the amount of damage dealt as the amount of MAP utilized would be reduced.

-On the other hand, it gives people incentives to clear attackers. For instance, someone defending in 3 attrition wars could decide to coordinate beiges with a counter; i.e, the counters come in first, but at the well-timed beige, perhaps done with nukes or ships, the attacker is reduced to 72.9% of their original plane count, making it easier for counters to remove the planes and neutralize the attacker. This could weaken planes strat, since it makes losing wars in suicide strikes much more dangerous (losing planes) due to the susceptibility of counters (drop target to 25 resistance, prep a nuke, send in counters before chain nukes start coming in).

Not a bad idea, a war type that does little infra and loot damage and kills some military could make the game more interesting, maybe with the option of killing a specific unit

The problem is that if I already know that being beiged damages my units I will do a plane only strategy to avoid having tanks and ships damaged so the games becomes even more focused on planes, if you make it for a specific unit and I already know which one I could think to drop that unit before beige to avoid damage

Actually, planes-only strats becomes slightly less powerful because you can now power through with troops and one-ship, destroying the planes. 10% plane destruction doesn't clear enough planes to overpower the effects of beige (unless you have spy superiority and can keep the target plane-jammed), but it does give the losing side more ability to limit enemy plane count and makes blockade holding / beige holding potentially more expensive.

• Upvote 2

I think the percentages would need to be increased. You take 10% out, you can easily rebuild that 10% in the 2 days of beige, kinda makes it pointless. Now if a beige takes the equivalent of 2 days worth of rebuys out then it becomes worthwhile? Also on people selling off military my idea would be that if you don't have 10% of your capacity then you lose the improvements that would have supported that capacity. As an example of you are at 0 soldiers, 0 tanks and 0 airforce, the game would calculate 10% of your maximum capacity and then destroy barracks, factories and hangars that would house that 10%. This would then make it so Nations would have to have some military on hand or lose the capacity. 

Edited by Tiberius
  • Haha 1