INH's thoughts on pixel huggery

Insert Name Here

9 minutes ago, Insert Name Here said:

you come to the inevitable conclusion that these folks have been outsmarting the rest of us pretty hard.

I disagree with you here. What's their experience in this game? They do nothing but log in and buy their pixels. It is fun to grow in cities, land, and infra, but eventually they gets boring. Are they really having fun with the game?

I imagine they're also very fragile. What would happen if DB and RnR got hit really hard? Got sat on for a while? How would their community perform? Would they shed a lot of members? They probably would. There's no resilience there.

I don't think they've been outsmarting anyone. I do think their government might deserve praise for being able to avoid war for so long. That is rather difficult to pull off. However, I think it's all very brittle and there's no virtue in a house of cards.

Sorry if this post reads weird. For some reason my thinking is very fragmented rn lol.

• Upvote 5

new_forum_sig_2.png

8 minutes ago, Thalmor said:

I disagree with you here. What's their experience in this game? They do nothing but log in and buy their pixels. It is fun to grow in cities, land, and infra, but eventually they gets boring. Are they really having fun with the game?

I imagine they're also very fragile. What would happen if DB and RnR got hit really hard? Got sat on for a while? How would their community perform? Would they shed a lot of members? They probably would. There's no resilience there.

I don't think they've been outsmarting anyone. I do think their government might deserve praise for being able to avoid war for so long. That is rather difficult to pull off. However, I think it's all very brittle and there's no virtue in a house of cards.

Sorry if this post reads weird. For some reason my thinking is very fragmented rn lol.

For me and you, yeah, they don't seem to be having fun k. But the fact that they've been at it for ages makes me think they are. I personally think weak alliances (composed of members who can't cope with war, which might even make them ragequit) have, or should not have, a place in this game. Economically yes, they have been outsmarting the shit out of us. Would I have fun if I were them? Certainly no, but that's not my point vro. :P

EDIT: my point is that we used to flame those who had the guts of owning their pixel huggery, aka GPA with their neutrality and TFP with their name, and we've been doing nothing to alliances who consistently hide behind treaties to get ahead of the rest economically. So I do hope some day we put politics aside and roll the shit out of them. :D 

Edited by Insert Name Here
  • Upvote 2

I think we have gotten rolled out of our pixels enough times for you to know we really don't care. We don't hug. Us sitting out this war was more to just piss people off tbh. Seems mission accomplished! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Our entry in the Knightfall war was optional. I chose to assist when Partisan asked us for help. Admittedly we considered leaving Knightfall earlier but the decision was made to stay till the end after talking to some people. TKR was extremely persistent and nuked us till the very last day of Knightfall. It certainly did not "end quickly" 

As for the current war, I originally wanted to assist CoA with their front but three high gov members were on vacation overseas so the plan had to be shelved. Some of my gov members are teenagers; I can't expect their parents to leave them alone at home to fight a war in a browser game while the rest of the family goes on a family vacation.

Edited by Yoda
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, Yoda said:

TKR was extremely persistent and nuked us till the very last day of Knightfall.

Do you call this persistent?

fcHSHzC.png

Do you really want to see how really persistent looks like? :D

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Insert Name Here said:

So I just hope one day someone (I don't care who although I hope I'll participate) will finally roll this pixel hugging trash into the dirt, and make them see they can't always play in peace mode. I for one have been doing my part and will give a forum cookie to anyone who's kind enough to calculate the total damage I've dealt RnR with my solitary roguery.

image.png.b237b68bc130975f185733f73cd63c37.png

You set them back a few days of income. Sadly, that's a bit of a drop in the ocean of profit their war dodgery has netted.

• Like 1

I speak for myself and not the rest of Respublica Romana . I am new to the game and still learning the economic aspect of things before war aspect. Respublica Romana is extremely helpful for new nations.
We had treaties on both sides.
We were on a 1-10 scale 10 being declaring 1 being declaring perma neutrality till the end of time, we were at an 8/9 for a bit.

above all, why must we participate in something that we don't really care about? Why must we be in a war we don't believe in? if that is the case why are you not calling on every alliance and nation in the game to pick a side?

Edited by DoSy
  • Upvote 2

I don't balme DB tbh, all of the nations there who wanted to war are now in GS

also live news from yoda that was live about a month ago (said in a public chat)
DB would be top 15 if we hadn't stolen his members
no shit, but these peeps were going to leave anyway, we just have them cos they our friends

I invite anyone around the 14-24 city count who wants to experience either half (or potentially both!) if the name of the game to come to GS with an open mind, we don't want you if your going to tell us what to do ?
#sellout

• Upvote 2

fourm2.png.cb775498c7f188941c4f54b5ff29f34f.pngfourmthing3.png.0537709b9b8d019542a96c0c23c84b87.png

Thanks @Dad. Yeah, precisely, this just goes to show that war dodging pays off economically speaking. You kinda know it's just a little sting they're feeling when they rebuild the nuked city immediately after getting nuked. It also goes to show that they're idiots but that's another thing.  

You're new here @DoSy, so I'm gonna cut you some slack. I'm calling out these 2 particular alliances because they've never been in an alliance war and in RnR's case just have ridiculously high amounts of infra, which wouldn't bother me had these alliances claimed being neutral instead of hiding behind treaties, They should own who they are, which is something that other pacifist minded alliances like GPA or TFP have gotten lots of flak for.

Sheepy didn't implement peace mode (something that apparently exists in CN) for a reason, so people would eventually have to participate in both politics and war, either by their own will or being forced to. As Soup rightly pointed out, some alliances sitting out of this war, such as Fark, have warred a lot in the past, and they're certainly not afraid of picking sides and burning their pixels. Even worse are the alliances that keep enabling this sort of behavior. I highly doubt NPO for instance does it, they must have some sort of alternative agreement with DB which is fine, at the very least war dodging alliances should serve as cash cows for real alliances. Idk what the deal is between HS and RnR, but I like several HS doods, namely gov members, and I wish they weren't enabling war dodging alliances, maybe involuntarily, but the treaty, especially when it chains to t$ and NPO, inevitably has that effect.

Moral of the story: one of these things should happen to this kind of alliances - 1) they start being called out for what they are and get the rep that comes with it, something similar minded alliances have gotten in the past; 2) you finally do something instead of war profiteering and getting ahead of the rest economically; 3) you get rolled for being neutral, like GPA was but at least had the guts to own.

Edited by Insert Name Here
  • Upvote 2

I tried to reply to this before but the forum was glitching out for me, it still seems its just this thread which is making it hard for me to select text and to write my post......

11 hours ago, Insert Name Here said:

snip

Couldn't agree more mate, alliances that don't at least fight contribute nothing to the game. If you want to play a peaceful game of building a nation there are plenty of nation sim games on Steam you can play in single player where you don't need to fight or lose pixels. But this is a competitive game and pixel hugging shouldn't be tolerated.

Also, Dreadnought war stats especially for a 1,051 day old nation are just pathetic:
https://politicsandwar.com/nation/id=47239
05Xjvg8.png 

11 hours ago, Thalmor said:

War's make alliances stronger, they sort the chaff from the wheat. tCW is testament to that since KF made us stronger, despite us taking $120 BILLION in damages in that one war. But if an alliance has never fought they'll crumble very quickly. I don't expect they'll last very long if their leader's definition of taking massive damage is being nuked for $1.5  billion in damage. Also I don't think your thinking was off point, it was pretty spot on TBH. DB I suspect would handle being attacked worse than Quichwe and TFP do, which is an astonishing achievement if I might say so myself.

Edited by Sphinx
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Every alliance, has to have it's phase of growth, war and then growth again. This game is a cycle, you can't cut it off for pixels. 

Alliances who pixel hug after years don't provide anything to the game at all, they usually just stagnate at a certain point. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Bad Company/Frontier Records was also another pixel hugging, war dodger-y alliance. 

I prefer to get my shit pushed in and have people scream in my face that they rekt me vs hiding on candy mountain circle jerking each other tbh.

To each their own though I guess.

• Upvote 1

Guest Frawley
1 hour ago, Insert Name Here said:

Plus war has a purging effect. I used to hate NPO back in my t$ days.

This is very true, I have made plenty of friends with the other-side through war that otherwise a) I wouldn't have exposure too, and b) I would have nothing to base my views on but their forum posts.

1 hour ago, Insert Name Here said:

Unless you had forgotten to put 2 nuclear power plants there and one got nuked ofc. Otherwise those are the basics that only war can teach a player.

@Keegoz 
> Or when you have 2 Nuke Power plants and both get taken out in by a nuke, twice in the same war by the same guy......

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

On 8/5/2019 at 1:46 PM, Sphinx said:

@Keegoz 
> Or when you have 2 Nuke Power plants and both get taken out in by a nuke, twice in the same war by the same guy......

Highlight of that war for me :P

• Upvote 1

[11:52 PM] Prefontaine: But Keegoz is actually bad. [11:52 PM] Prefontaine: He's my favorite bad leader though.