Invalid Bank Looting

Arianne

Hello Alex, 

I'm currently in an alliance by the name of Strean Investment Corporation. 

https://politicsandwar.com/alliance/id=5809

Here is the current link. It is a day old.

My old alliance was this link:

https://politicsandwar.com/alliance/id=5666

And yet it's showing wars not from this alliance in the war page. Not to mention the wars shown are from long before the alliance was ever created. 

https://politicsandwar.com/alliance/id=5809&display=war

https://politicsandwar.com/alliance/id=5809&display=war

My 1 day old bank was looted for 600m, and 25k per WC resource despite it being an entirely new alliance, completely different from my old. We all know that when you shuffle a bank to a new alliance that it's the old deleted alliance that gets looted. Yet in this case the new alliance was looted.

Here is the link of the raider. https://politicsandwar.com/nation/id=33445

IMG_20190725_230322.jpg

Even when you look on my nation page and click on the old disbanded alliance, it says deleted.

https://politicsandwar.com/nation/id=102334

IMG_20190725_230820.jpg

Pleeeeeeease fix and I want my money and resources back! @Alex

• Upvote 3

• Administrators

Presumably the old alliance had the same name as the new one?

In the case, what's the difference? Seems like they're the same entity to me.

• Like 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

48 minutes ago, Alex said:

Possibly that shuffling hasn't been explicitly outlawed and given the idea behind bank shuffling, it doesn't seem particularly fair to let this one stay as is.

Your prerogative, of course. *shrugs*

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Alex said:

Presumably the old alliance had the same name as the new one?

So if Terminus Est deleted their alliance with the bank still intact after wars have been launched, are the bank contents still looted? No it's not looted.

This is a glitch, not game mechanics. It's fully exploitable. This means that if an alliance renamed, they could avoid being looted. Suppose TKR renamed their alliance and I took their alliance name, my bank would be looted instead of theirs. That's faulty mechanics in itself.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, S†rea said:

So if Terminus Est deleted their alliance with the bank still intact after wars have been launched, are the bank contents still looted? No it's not looted.

This is a glitch, not game mechanics. It's fully exploitable. This means that if an alliance renamed, they could avoid being looted. Suppose TKR renamed their alliance and I took their alliance name, my bank would be looted instead of theirs. That's faulty mechanics in itself.

You're misunderstanding. He's saying if Terminus Est had wars declared on then, and Odin who was econ took the bank into his nation, everyone left and deleted the alliance, then remade it named Terminus Est just as before and deposited the bank, that it'd get looted anyway.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 2

Case 1: So if anyone would have renamed their alliance to "Strean Investment Company", after Strea deleted Version 1, they'd have gotten their bank looted instead? 

Case 2: In case the above one wouldn't happen, would it if Strea joins them as a member before getting beiged?

Tough luck indeed, but who in their right mind would guess that the unique alliance ID is the less important (between name and ID).

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, Odin said:

Case 1: So if anyone would have renamed their alliance to "Strean Investment Company", after Strea deleted Version 1, they'd have gotten their bank looted instead? 

Case 2: In case the above one wouldn't happen, would it if Strea joins them as a member before getting beiged?

Tough luck indeed, but who in their right mind would guess that the unique alliance ID is the less important (between name and ID).

First i'd have to say it's just incompetence on high lv and the bank is gona and should not be returned. 

2nd: @Alex this should be fixed (aka tied to the ID, not the name). Also why doesn't a blockade hinder gov-members to transfer the bank. If they can't trade/deoposit then they shouldn't be able to withdraw from the bank either. This should be patched bc it makes no sense and pplz are using one man alliances to hide their bank.

Edited by MonkeyDLegend
32204241a4480364cfebb04c10bf72cfaeb4dce2x696.gif
Former Manager t$ and Director of R&D
Former Director of Finance, Security in e$
Founder of The Prate Syndicate(test server)
luffyt$forum.gif

9 hours ago, Akuryo said:

You're misunderstanding. He's saying if Terminus Est had wars declared on then, and Odin who was econ took the bank into his nation, everyone left and deleted the alliance, then remade it named Terminus Est just as before and deposited the bank, that it'd get looted anyway.

That's what I said in my second example, so I do get it. My point with the Terminus Est example is that nothing is looted at all. If someone was to take that alliance name before it was over, they'd be looted instead. Even if they were unrelated. 

9 minutes ago, MonkeyDLegend said:

First i'd have to say it's just incompetence on high lv and the bank is gona and should not be returned. 

2nd: @Alex this should be fixed and tied to the ID. Also why doesn't a blockade hinder gov-members to transfer the bank. If they can't trade/deoposit then they shouldn't be able to withdraw from the bank either. This should be patched bc it makes no sense and pplz are using one man alliances to hide their bank.

I shuffled the bank and it wasn't supposed to be looted. That's why I'm making this post. It's definitely not incompetence. (-_-) bad monkey ?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, S†rea said:

That's what I said in my second example, so I do get it. My point with the Terminus Est example is that nothing is looted at all. If someone was to take that alliance name before it was over, they'd be looted instead. Even if they were unrelated. 

I shuffled the bank and it wasn't supposed to be looted. That's why I'm making this post. It's definitely not incompetence. (-_-) bad monkey ?

I see ur point but if it's not ur icompetence then it's ur govs bc someone should've told you this. 

You've learned it the hard way, be greatful for the exp and lv up. :D❤️

• Downvote 2
luffyt$forum.gif

8 hours ago, MonkeyDLegend said:

I see ur point but if it's not ur icompetence then it's ur govs bc someone should've told you this. 

You've learned it the hard way, be greatful for the exp and lv up. :D❤️

Aww, I suppose you knew before. (doubt)

I've been playing for 3.5 years and there's never been a case like this in the game that I'm aware of. And even if there was, this should be fixed. Not to mention that it used to cost a credit to be able to make an alliance, so people weren't making offshores and banks left and right. 

12 hours ago, S†rea said:

this should be fixed.

I agree with you and there should also be added a function that you can't send the bank away if ur the sole leader of an aa and blockaded.  If you have more then one nations in that offshore alliance but everyone is blockaded they shouldn't be able to send it away. 

atm bank looting is only possible when theres pure incompetence from the gov of that offshore alliance. 

Edited by MonkeyDLegend
luffyt$forum.gif

Guest Frawley

I nearly got caught on this myself, being that I assumed programmatically that it would be linked to unique ID not name. 

Personally I think the money should be returned and the loot system adjusted to only look at the unique ID. It does seem somewhat exploitable that you can become liable for a previous names assets and liabilities, with no direct relation. 

On 7/29/2019 at 8:47 PM, MonkeyDLegend said:

I agree with you and there should also be added a function that you can't send the bank away if ur the sole leader of an aa and blockaded.  If you have more then one nations in that offshore alliance but everyone is blockaded they shouldn't be able to send it away. 

atm bank looting is only possible when theres pure incompetence from the gov of that offshore alliance. 

This would be great for large alliances with plenty of members to leverage off sending aid from. But I suspect it would not be fun for smaller alliances trying to avoid having their bank nicked.

I can think of two ways this can be abused off the top of my head; both are a bit esoteric but they aren't impossible. Super surprised this exists as an issue.

Edited by Malal

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

On 7/27/2019 at 9:05 PM, S†rea said:

Yes, actually it is still looted (If any resources or cash remained before the deletion of the alliance).

Edited by Buorhann