Beige change suggestion

Kurnugia

Today in Kurn will frick up any chance to move up the NPO ladder and/or frick up his forum karma.

I dunno if it has been proposed but here I go anyway:

I propose the following change in the beige mechanic: All defensive wars in which the defender ends up with less ressi will end up in autobeige. The lenght of the autobeige depend however on the difference between the agressor and the defender. My idea would be that for each 10 points of difference you get one turn of beige. Some tweaks could be added like a 0.5 multplier to strike a balance between punishment and recouperation.

That way it still remains somewhat punishing to loose the momentum but gives the stomped side a bit of room to make a move that could change it.

Also now the meta would be a bit more complicated than just to sit out any war you are clearly winning. You actually have to make a desicion based on the sitouation as well as a tradeoff between damage and intiative.

Sorry for the bad english btw.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Opinions are my own.

unknown.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/24/2019 at 2:02 PM, Limbuwan said:

The similar option has been proposed by Sir Scarf somewhere

What I propose is similar but quite different in vital details; I'll still upvote an NPO member that's willing to make a good point for once though.

Anyway, my proposal is that all wars end in beige based on whoever has the lowest resistance at the end, with the beige time working exactly the same as it is right now. That way people won't have to worry about breaking the rules with holding off their last attack (yes, that's against the rules by a strict interpretation) or focusing wars against opponents known to beige (that's not against the rules at all if pressure is applied towards beiging them if they don't beige).

On 7/24/2019 at 3:36 PM, Kurnugia said:

I propose the following change in the beige mechanic: All defensive wars in which the defender ends up with less ressi will end up in autobeige. The lenght of the autobeige depend however on the difference between the agressor and the defender. My idea would be that for each 10 points of difference you get one turn of beige. Some tweaks could be added like a 0.5 multplier to strike a balance between punishment and recouperation.

6 hours ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

Anyway, my proposal is that all wars end in beige based on whoever has the lowest resistance at the end, with the beige time working exactly the same as it is right now. That way people won't have to worry about breaking the rules with holding off their last attack (yes, that's against the rules by a strict interpretation) or focusing wars against opponents known to beige (that's not against the rules at all if pressure is applied towards beiging them if they don't beige).

I like both of these ideas because it prevents attackers from denying beige from the defender, and it allows the defender to recover to full military. Wars in the current meta favor attackers immensely, since they can cripple their planes faster than the defenders can even respond.

Draws (Beige whoever has less resistance) & Losses could both beige, with wars won not resulting in beige for the winner being the only ones who don’t.

Would remove all the incentives to try preventing your side from beiging. Winning battles should be the objective & when winning you don’t need beige. If somebody doesn’t finish the other off, but have more resistance at the end; should effect beige the same with them mostly missing out on the loot for not finishing it.

Mainly different from your is I think if somebody has lost at least 40% resistance & has less than the enemy; should give same amount of beige as finishing them. I don’t see reason to incentivize people not to finish the enemy.

Could also just do so all you unfinished wars give 50% beige time to each; regardless of the resistance & damage numbers. Would lessen how important whether people finish off their prey or not matters.

Edited by Noctis Anarch Caelum