Disasters

Ryan1

I think it would be more interesting if events happened on a global or continental scale instead of at the nation level. You could have different themes of the same events, perhaps "dustbowl" wipes out food production in North America, "sandstorm" for Africa, "emus" for Australia. Many small events would just get annoying. I would rather have the odds be something like 3 continental events and 1 global event a year, with effects longer than a just a few days or turns.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Menace said:

I think it would be more interesting if events happened on a global or continental scale instead of at the nation level. You could have different themes of the same events, perhaps "dustbowl" wipes out food production in North America, "sandstorm" for Africa, "emus" for Australia. Many small events would just get annoying. I would rather have the odds be something like 3 continental events and 1 global event a year, with effects longer than a just a few days or turns.

Maybe a hurricane could affect all nations in a given area, or alien invasion and plague could enter different nations.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

Awesome stuff but I don't like the nuclear

Add one more, virus this one starts gradually with just one individual infected but you will only be informed about it when 25% of your population in the city is infected you could choose to close your city border (this will cost money and resources and you will not generate any revenue from the closed city and contamination rates in the city will increase) in other for it not to spread round your entire nation any nation that performs trade with you during the period from when the first person contacts it till when you have contained it will get the virus then if you perform any bank operation or any bank funds are sent to you then

Either

the virus enters the bank and any one who performs a bank transactions (within a period of time)  would contact the virus

Or 

Every nation with bank permission will contact it

This would be cool as it gives way for epidemics

then this could bring in a while new aspect of the game like the way projects work there could be emergency rescue schemes e.g Red Cross could reduce population casualties by 25-50%     medical research centre will give you a 25% chance of finding a cure for the virus/plague.      Evacuation team will help slowly evacuate citizens from affected areas to other cities (this could work like spy missions where there are three types slow and steady 5% chance of it spreading, just normal 15% chance,  extremely quick 20% chance)      firefighters could give a 35% chance of stopping a forest fire

There would be a disaster tab the way there is a project tab

It would show you your disaster stats, history and your rescue schemes

then also other nations won't be able to see the disasters you are suffering

I'm not done yet so I will edit later

• Upvote 2