I'm not High! You're high! Part 2 (Nukes and stuff)

Roq

Welcome back to the “I’m not high, you’re high,” suggestion page. This is the second of many questionable suggestions. The issue is that I am not high enough haven’t thought up the rest of the ideas. And, well, I was thinking about it right, and I looked at my ravaged infrastructure that had once been 2500 before wars ransacked it and left it pillaged.

And I realized something. Nukes can be a pain in the ass. Except when you’re infrastructure is at like 500 and they’re still nuking you for god knows why, and you’re just chilling with your res getting wiped while your soldiers are still good. And, well, I noticed something. Despite “losing” the war by getting your military completely zeroed by this dude, you can still fling around nukes to destroy their infrastructure and potentially destroy their military improvements, which weakens the enemy for round two and further rounds. 

Here’s what I thought of, in a very simplified manner.

Nuclear requirements

Now, I think that to send a nuclear weapon, you actually have to have the missile project to use it if you don’t follow one of the following parts.

1. You have Air Supremacy (Air supremacy lets you fly over a nuclear bomb and mess them up.) 

2. You have a Naval blockade on them. This could be so that you can get your nukey boy to their shores by shipping it to them…

Now if you have neither of those, I think that you have to have a missile launch pad to send nuclear weapons.

What this would basically do

A.The player base will have to either shell out another project slot (which would be another slot that could be for a manufactured resource) for the missile project.

B. Those who don’t want to buy the missile project will actually have to buy and maintain a military to send their weapons of mass destruction.

C. Introduce a new strategy for nuclear weapons (like,buying ships prior to update to get control, send the nuke, disband the ships to save steel, that sort of thing.)

D. Spice things up a bit.

E. Screw over Fark (I will never forget what you did to my 2500 builds… you bastards.)

Anyway, that’s all I got. Have a nice night guys.

(I'm not actually salty Fark).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Nukes are ICBMs in this game. Literally the base customization page shows you this. ICBMs don't suffer from range problems and don't really care if your enemy has air superiority or a blockade.

And you wouldn't launch an ICBM from an MLP like that. It'd get bombed and you would get nuked. That's why underground silos exist.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1