Nuclear Missiles Control

TheSnipe

1 hour ago, Diomedes I said:

Just leave the nukes it as it is now...if you have the money for it, then you can buy nukes and use them.  

The people he's talking about don't use them.

1 hour ago, Sri Lanka 001 said:

I mean Fraggle try to prove this point for ages now, but I still don't see any problem with it just more loots for me

You can't loot nukes, genius.

• Downvote 1

This is in no way a new thing. What is the problem?

Are you originally from Earth, too?

Proud owner of Harry's goat. It's mine now.

I now own MinesomeMC's goat, too. It's starting to look like a herd.

Yep, it is a herd. Aldwulf has added his goat, too, and it ain't Irish.

15 minutes ago, Noctis Anarch Caelum said:

This is a stupid suggestion & pointless. 

how is that constructive criticism? the hollowness of your opinion makes me question your intelligence in degrees your small mind can't process.

Next time you try to make a comment, do please attempt to sound older than 5.

• Like 1

If anything, the main bottleneck for being a nuke turret is cash, as far as I've found. At extreme low infra levels, you can indeed build nukes/missiles, but you have to scrounge up the cash and refined materials somehow anyway.

If I'm not mistaken, you need to be out of bill lock to launch the nukes/missiles?

Ground battles can usually get around the cash issue, but even then you need to be out of bill lock and have a ground force. As for the refined material, a dedicated blockade can eventually sap the refined materials needed to produce the missiles/nukes, and since you can't produce refined materials under bill lock that's also a bottleneck.

But then, looking at your suggested fixes, I feel like I might be misinterpreting your concerns... you're worried about nuke/missile stockpiling? To even fire those, you need to pay the upkeep for them for one turn AFAIK. They add score, sure, but other than Fraggle who spent literal years diligently producing her stockpiles to the point of being unable to actually declare on anyone, that's not going to actually affect anything in an unbalanced fashion. I always caution people against over-stockpiling nukes/missiles due to the score inflation that causes.

Besides, they're vulnerable to spies.

Tl;dr: I don't think the proposed changes are necessary or warranted.

Edited by Sir Scarfalot
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Seb said:

how is that constructive criticism? the hollowness of your opinion makes me question your intelligence in degrees your small mind can't process.

Next time you try to make a comment, do please attempt to sound older than 5.

Since I could still support it without negative incomes much higher than your numbers and it isn’t an exploit people can buy unlimited nukes & mines/farms don’t require power.

22 hours ago, Noctis Anarch Caelum said:

Since I could still support it without negative incomes much higher than your numbers and it isn’t an exploit people can buy unlimited nukes & mines/farms don’t require power.

it's an exploit when you buy more nukes than your nation can pay for.

3 hours ago, Seb said:

it's an exploit when you buy more nukes than your nation can pay for.

Upkeep for 41 nukes is $1,435,000.00. Upkeep would only be a little over $7m if I had 5 times that many. So upkeep on 205 would be less than half my gross profit income & could support even more than that without getting more then can be paid for normally. Also they do still pay for them even if someone lets their expenses get higher than income.

3 hours ago, Noctis Anarch Caelum said:

Upkeep for 41 nukes is $1,435,000.00. Upkeep would only be a little over $7m if I had 5 times that many. So upkeep on 205 would be less than half my gross profit income & could support even more than that without getting more then can be paid for normally. Also they do still pay for them even if someone lets their expenses get higher than income.

He's not talking about you, which I thought was obvious, but apparently that's an overestimation of your mental faculties.

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Akuryo said:

He's not talking about you, which I thought was obvious, but apparently that's an overestimation of your mental faculties.

Point is he wants to restrict the number way below what is financially supportable. Would be capped at 101 on the infra suggestion, similar numbers with others. So his suggestion is cap way below what someone can financially support if they want. (What people can afford wouldn’t be the limiter anymore and many of his ideas wouldn’t even address nations stockpiling nukes past what they can afford to have without negative income.)

Edited by Noctis Anarch Caelum

On 7/20/2019 at 1:36 PM, TheSnipe said:

Some nations started accumulating spies even past their economic capabilities and that proved to give them an unfair advantage over the rest.

There was nothing wrong with having 244 spies. The kill formula just needed tweaking. :P

• Like 1

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/27/2019 at 5:31 PM, WISD0MTREE said:

There was nothing wrong with having 244 spies. The kill formula just needed tweaking. :P

A fair fight is exactly what you want to avoid if you want to win.

• Like 1

Are you originally from Earth, too?

Proud owner of Harry's goat. It's mine now.

I now own MinesomeMC's goat, too. It's starting to look like a herd.

Yep, it is a herd. Aldwulf has added his goat, too, and it ain't Irish.