Do Asia and Australia suck?

Defender

in my opinion the whole concept of resources distribution per continent isn't working at all.

Assume every nation can produce anything.

Then we still have the same problem, current average slot avail. ~15 or so. how you will spen them? that system already created diversity bcs while some people produce entirely munition, others food&aluminium and someone every resource avail. Yet wars consume faster then can be produced.

If market change, ___everybody____ can at least reroll to a new resource to produce ( at price of course ) But today 2/3 of players restricted to produce steel (assuming even distribution of players per continent)

If my nation was the 21st, you'd have said to wait until I was in the top 20. 

No I wouldn't have, if you say you are smarter than everyone else at least get into the top 10. Anyone can get into the top 10 yet you seem unable to.

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

I don't see a problem

gAf4e3d.png?1

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

half of yesterday volume

Looks like SA isn't the best continent then is it? Aluminum prices can't compare. Edited by underlordgc

Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

every resource will suffer the same fate. steel is first uranium is last.

Then there won't be a problem, if everything is expensive then the prices will all be similar.

Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

in my opinion the whole concept of resources distribution per continent isn't working at all.

Then we still have the same problem, current average slot avail. ~15 or so. how you will spen them? that system already created diversity bcs while some people produce entirely munition, others food&aluminium and someone every resource avail. Yet wars consume faster then can be produced.

If market change, ___everybody____ can at least reroll to a new resource to produce ( at price of course ) But today 2/3 of players restricted to produce steel (assuming even distribution of players per continent)

Save a War Chest then. Don't count on what you merely produce, save resources specifically for war.

• Administrators

You don't have to assume every nation can produce anything, they can manufacture any resource. Import the raw materials (iron, coal, bauxite, oil, lead) from smaller nations because those resources are cheap. Refine them into whatever manufactured resource you need (aluminum, steel, munitions, gasoline). You can do this on any continent.

• Upvote 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

You're free to have that mindset, but remember even if everyone in the game was on South America because it's "the best", the resources you produce there would be worthless, and you wouldn't be able to get steel or uranium, which are vital to gameplay. The free market will fix itself, because if everyone is on South America, then it's not the "best" anymore.

But since there are no exclusive resources, this argument only works in such an extreme situation as everyone being on one continent.

The most extreme situation I am trying to imagine is noone being on a particular continent (or maybe two).  For example, if there wasn't a single nation on Asia the game would continue just fine; Asia doesn't have anything that can't be gotten elsewhere.

But anyway, thanks for the guarantee! :) So long as I don't wind up stuck somewhere if the continent mechanics change I'm satisfied.

Edited by Defender

• 3 weeks later...

Best raw resources profit-wise imo:

baux > coal > lead > oil > uranium > iron.

Aust. has the top 3.  Africa is decent too.  But baux/coal >>>>> anything else.  Oil is super cheap right now, but in theory should not be given it's power supply demands, although coal plants are cheaper to run which maybe drives the cost of coal up vs. oil.  Just avoid iron continents at all cost, lol.

Edited by Paunch