This is a brave new world we're living in

alyster

4 minutes ago, Malal said:

Honestly, I find ww2 kinda boring. How about we hop on back to Rome so I can !@#$ about how Ceaser destroyed the republic just because he couldn't accept a comfortable exile in wealth and luxury but no political power. Or joke about how Justitian reconquered southern Iberia with like 3 guys and a shovel and somehow held it for 100 years until the final Roman-Parthian war broke out.

Julius ma boi just knew the truth. Democracy sucks, Empire is the way.

• Downvote 1

Just now, Malal said:

Never heard of them, thought you were talking about micchan which, while okay, is certainly far from the best memer in game (I'll give her best in chaos bloc though)

They're a new player, but they have a promising future.

2 minutes ago, Dio Brando said:

You said that about me once and look what you did. Orbis will never forgive you.

• Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, Dio Brando said:

One day I hope to have a proper challenger to the video meme throne, unless they get a hold of Premier I have other people to keep an eye on.

4 minutes ago, Akuryo said:

You said that about me once and look what you did. Orbis will never forgive you.

Was this before or after you robbed pantheon?

Edited by Malal

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

8 minutes ago, Malal said:

One day I hope to have a proper challenger to the video meme throne, unless they get a hold of Premier I have other people to keep an eye on.

Was this before or after you robbed pantheon?

Definitely before I couped UPN and paraded under around in a stockade charging 5$ for 3 minutes to do whatever they want. 

Lotta people had blunt objects come to think of it. ?

• Downvote 1

Drakememe.jpg

?:  Casual conversations on discord

??: Casual conversations on the forums

• Haha 2

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

19 minutes ago, Malal said:

How about we hop on back to Rome so I can !@#$ about how Ceaser destroyed the republic just because he couldn't accept a comfortable exile in wealth and luxury but no political power.

You didn't simply frick with Caesar. Just ask the pirates.

G3.gif.d8066d8dc749ad2d0835fe69095fa73b.gif

20 minutes ago, Cypher said:

This would have never happened under Eumir's reign of shitposting.

You’d think @Malal would cover it with some Star Wars memes or something.

Even @TheNG can’t save this thread.

10 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

You’d think @Malal would cover it with some Star Wars memes or something.

Even @TheNG can’t save this thread.

That was two wars ago, smh. I'm not gonna do things I've already done, otherwise I could just flagswap and repost all the memes which is super lazy and actually that's not a bad idea brb

Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

2 hours ago, Shiho Nishizumi said:

You didn't simply frick with Caesar. Just ask the pirates.

The Senatorial classes made fortunes off the latifundia and monopolized political power while the Equities monopolized trade and government contracts. Those poor pirates were just trying to get some money to feed their hungry families and the local orphans. And Ceaser, that power-hungry bastard, gazes upon all these poor and desperate sailors who treated him with relative kindness for a month and decides to crucify the lot of 'em. 

• Haha 2

Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

10 minutes ago, Mad Max said:

snip

You'd think making it look absurd paranoia would make it go away. But lets remember the late Commerce Union. I quote their leader who btw also deleted and left PnW  "BK/NPO are evil". Said by your coalition micro to people he was at war with. 

Edited by alyster

So Max, I never got something about you. You have a nice little alliance and micro bloc just doing your own thing, and then IQ comes and completely burns it to the ground. You then get a new alliance and put yourself in IQ's sphere of influence. I have to ask, were you a eunuch when you started this game or was that a term in the peace deal?

• Upvote 1

Praise Dio. Every !@#$ing day.

Just now, ArcKnox said:

So Max, I never got something about you. You have a nice little alliance and micro bloc just doing your own thing, and then IQ comes and completely burns it to the ground. You then get a new alliance and put yourself in IQ's sphere of influence. I have to ask, were you a eunuch when you started this game or was that a term in the peace deal?

I guess I just don't get butthurt like y'all.

It's just a game bro, calm them tiddies.

Guest Curufinwe
19 minutes ago, alyster said:

You'd think making it look absurd paranoia would make it go away. But lets remember the late Commerce Union. I quote their leader who btw also deleted and left PnW  "BK/NPO are evil". Said by your coalition micro to people he was at war with. 

Well you have us there.  If someone in a micro said something about politics, it must be true.  You win the argument, I guess.

14 minutes ago, Curufinwe said:

Well you have us there.  If someone in a micro said something about politics, it must be true.  You win the argument, I guess.

I, as a micro, do so declare, that BK is a big suck!

Now you shall have to live with this wound for all your days!

• Downvote 1

Guest Curufinwe
2 minutes ago, Akuryo said:

I, as a micro, do so declare, that BK is a big suck!

Now you shall have to live with this wound for all your days!

We shall do our best to endure

29 minutes ago, ArcKnox said:

I guess I'll have to live with the mystery

My bad, I didn't catch the hint.

Hit me up on discord for some D pics.

2 hours ago, Malal said:

The Senatorial classes made fortunes off the latifundia and monopolized political power while the Equities monopolized trade and government contracts. Those poor pirates were just trying to get some money to feed their hungry families and the local orphans. And Ceaser, that power-hungry bastard, gazes upon all these poor and desperate sailors who treated him with relative kindness for a month and decides to crucify the lot of 'em. 

Its spelled Caesar.

In general though, the Republic needed to be reformed and that was Caesar's intent. The style of government suited for a small Italian city state was poorly suited for the size of the republic by the time of Sulla, if not earlier, and it simply had to be reformed. 

Saying that, the Empire itself only really came into being when the Principate ended with the Principate itself being essentially some sort of hybrid republican military dictatorship. The change from republic to empire wasn't a clear cut change but more of a gradual transition over 100 to 150 years.

Edited by Charles the Tyrant

Untitled.png

2 hours ago, ArcKnox said:

All one would have to do is search his old posts, especially the obsession of Seeker ones.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Charles the Tyrant said:

In general though, the Republic needed to be reformed and that was Caesar's intent. The style of government suited for a small Italian city state was poorly suited for the size of the republic by the time of Sulla, if not earlier, and it simply had to be reformed. 

"Sulla was a fool when he gave up the dictatorship." 

Caesar was power hungry sociopath, he sided with the populares because he saw it as the easiest route to power. He attempted to crush the power of the senate and stacked it with men loyal to him. Calling his consolidation of power "reform" is disingenuous at best, he was a tyrant hell bent on destroying the oligarchy and instituting a monarchy, a task which cost him his life.

Edited by Malal

Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win