This is a brave new world we're living in

alyster

I'm sure it's TKR's fault Roq had to threaten someone with admin action over a treasure transfer. Hopefully Alex can explicitly add "ORANGE MAN BAD" to the game rules so Roq doesn't have trouble enforcing them anymore.

Also did I miss it, or did no one point out that BK hit TFP over something they said to Roq? I thought IQ was still pretending not to be allied? :P

Edited by Spaceman Thrax
  • Upvote 1

Slaughter the shits of the world. They poison the air you breathe.

~ William S. Burroughs

2 minutes ago, Spaceman Thrax said:

I'm sure it's TKR's fault Roq had to threaten someone with admin action over a treasure transfer. Hopefully Alex can explicitly add "ORANGE MAN BAD" to the game rules so Roq doesn't have trouble enforcing them anymore.

Also did I miss it, or did no one point out that BK hit TFP over something they said to Roq? I thought IQ was still pretending not to be allied? :P

You're like a month behind on the narrative. Now it's that NPO is FORCED to ally with BK again because TKR man bad or something.

• Upvote 1

Praise Dio. Every !@#$ing day.

2 minutes ago, ArcKnox said:

You're like a month behind on the narrative. Now it's that NPO is FORCED to ally with BK again because TKR man bad or something.

Oh. I guess I got confused because they used that one already for literal years. My bad. By which I mean ORANGE MAN BAD.

Edit: Though it still makes me laugh that NPO consistently treated their real allies as subordinate to BK even in the period they were still pretending.

Edited by Spaceman Thrax

Slaughter the shits of the world. They poison the air you breathe.

~ William S. Burroughs

2 hours ago, Buorhann said:

-snip-

You're the only kid here smh

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

9 hours ago, Akuryo said:

Honestly we're talking about BK, whose been hitting people to up them stats, and NPO who uses mods as a weapon.

Pretending this was anything other than a foregone conclusion is optimistic, even for people like Illen. ?

Mods SHOULD be used as a weapon. It's simple as that, the rules were being laxly enforced up to now, with very high levels of toxicity. Getting the rules enforced requires norms of having violations reported.

• Downvote 12

2 hours ago, Epi said:

Yeah i only really meant to comment that i agree with using it as a CB against TFP later, personally i'm on the fence regarding whether treasure transfers are slot filling. I've sold upwards of 7+ treasures, one of which was in like round 2 of this war to Aurora, tho i kept declaring on people so no beige time ? This TFP case was definitely political and much more significant tho. Imo you should be able to trade treasures with a 10 day cool-down, though if you lose a war it still gets stolen.

Hopefully this drama actually sparks sheepy to change the system ?

Personally I think they should have just been upfront about it if they wanted to steal the treasure themselves & that's the real CB. I don't agree with either side trying to use the mods as weapons though. ?

5 hours ago, Inst said:

Mods SHOULD be used as a weapon. It's simple as that, the rules were being laxly enforced up to now, with very high levels of toxicity. Getting the rules enforced requires norms of having violations reported.

You are so mind numbingly retarded you don't even understand the difference between dutiful reporting and malicious use of mods as threats whether or not a rule is being broken. 

• Downvote 1

On 8/1/2019 at 12:51 PM, Spaceman Thrax said:

Alethkar hit BK nations and GoG nations so they were all impacted. One of the nations hitting Alethkar was always getting countered(Phezzan), so anyone Alethkar hit and was getting cover for had a grievance against TFP. It's a CB for anyone in the coalition. Quichwe gave zero !@#$ that Alfred's actions harmed the BK/GoG nations Alethkar had hit.

FR had left for some clear reasons that implied hostility towards coalition members and TFP was an accessory while on friendly terms with the other side, so by breaking "neutrality" and not cooperating and merely airstriking and getting the treasure anyway, they decided to do an action that benefited TKR in the global.

On 8/1/2019 at 12:32 PM, Buorhann said:

Never in my time of this game have I ever threatened a player with reporting them to moderation if they don’t do what I say.  Ever.  I have, however, threatened to roll people/alliances though.  Pretty big difference.  The people who actually sent in the reports are pathetic.

What Alfred did was nothing against the ruling of “slot filling”.  He had full intention to win the battle (He was going for a treasure after all).  Regardless of how he fights, as long as he’s aiming to fight - he’s in the clear.  This “Do Airstrikes or we report” is complete nonsense.

Slotfilling does not take major wars into consideration, it’s only battles in general.  And it certainly doesn’t care if you beige or not.  Alfred did nothing wrong in his situation.

Had @Roquentin gone with threatening to roll TFP for “interfering”, that’d be legit.  He didn’t.

Don’t get me wrong, I fully agree with their perspective that they shouldn’t care about the treasure swap.  It’s in their way and it’s an annoyance.  But they chose to go the route of using moderation as a weapon first.

Had it gone the proper route (threaten to roll instead of reporting), then we’d just be here making further propaganda about one side hitting those who had previously supported them.

Instead, we got this dumb pathetic shit of threatening players with reports.  It’s beyond childishness at this point.  I’d rather have @Malal spam kid on people in his usual cringeworthy ways than this.

This is just ridiculous.

On a somewhat separate note: @Quichwe10 only “flexed” (lol) after he found out Alfred got reported.

@Alex, if for some odd reason you nation striked Alfred, you need to work on that ruling in a much more clarified way.  Also stop letting yourself be used as a weapon.

(Personally I’d have nation striked those threatening players with reporting, but Discord is out of your jurisdiction)

I don't really care about this perspective on it when it's been your coalition implementing all sorts of fun gimmicks like all the micros and the hits. There's even akuryo having the leader of coal mines on his AA while simultaneously fighting them and getting beiged by their members with their gov member who beiged him liking his post about how my opinion doesn't matter at all and they can just help him out by beiging. If it doesn't get reported or if it's not clear that the person is potentially getting reported if they choose to do an action that shields one side of the war, then it's not being upfront.

Your side has reported any potential transgression or cried foul. That's pretty much it. Calling for people to get nationstriked  for warning people about getting reported is pretty next level. I think it'd be worse if I reported him and didn't warn him it would happen if he was helping TKR. It was an in-game offense that a proclaimed neutral alliance was interfering in a hit. The way to do the treasure deal without any issue would be having Alethkar use an offensive slot to transfer it as he wasn't in danger of getting beiged or just transferring it before he started getting countered. The treasure didn't spawn overnight in that case and had been around for a while, so trying to make it seem innocent is severely problematic when they knew the impact that occupying a defensive slot had. There was plenty of time TKR could have sold the treasure before Alethkar started getting countered. I don't see a way for TFP or TKR to justify it and the whole "the other two should have been able to do it" defense is pretty weak. There was no reason for Alfred to thwart the objectives if it was just a treasure deal or to rely on Adrienne's consent. The intent of a treasure deal is to sell the treasure  at a fast pace not avoid air damage. Quichwe crossed the line despite being told it would be considered collusion with TKR(that should have been warning enough). At first I treated it as relatively innocent but it grinded my gears that Adrienne's wishes were the operative factor as that crossed multiple lines with the slotfilling issue. It's only unfortunate it all happened on discord.

I tried to get a wider discussion going on about the issues with treasure deals and hitting alliances people aren't officially at war with, but I've had enough of all the gimmicks taking place and them impacting wars before they can be dealt with. You had your fun and you'll be fought tooth and nail on any current and future gimmicks.

---

Separate note: despite having it made out to be equivalent to doing coke, I enjoyed the scarface pic.

Edited by Roquentin
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, Roquentin said:

Your side has reported any potential transgression or cried foul. That's pretty much it. Calling for people to get nationstriked  for warning people about getting reported is pretty next level. I think it'd be worse if I reported him and didn't warn him it would happen if he was helping TKR.

So you'd rather bully/blackmail a player into doing your demands rather than just report him and see how the admin rules it?  Nice job on turning out to be a shitacular player.

Again, TFP having a nation hit another nation and actively fight does not break the rule of slotfilling.  "Slotfilling" doesn't take into consideration of major wars (Nor should it).

Literally the only part of your post that could be made of any sense at all is your belief of TFP colluding with TKR.  I certainly don't fault you for that perspective, but the rest of your reply is utter bullshit.

Edited by Buorhann
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Buorhann said:

So you'd rather bully/blackmail a player into doing your demands rather than just report him and see how the admin rules it?  Nice job on turning out to be a shitacular player.

Again, TFP having a nation hit another nation and actively fight does not break the rule of slotfilling.  "Slotfilling" doesn't take into consideration of major wars.

Literally the only part of your post that could be made of any sense at all is your belief of TFP colluding with TKR.  I certainly don't fault you for that perspective, but the rest of your reply is utter bullshit.

It's not bullying. He knew we weren't in a super strong position in the war and the popular consensus that it was over for us and "our hegemonic ambitions have failed" and it'd be "scorched earth" from then on out.  People have been warned about getting reported ahead of time before. I remember there was a situation with a treasure and I was told ahead of time our members would be getting reported for it. I treated it as an innocent move at first but warned him of how I'd interpret it if he continued doing what he was doing. I don't see that as blackmail. 

It depends on the situation really. I've seen plenty where it did, but the implications of this statement are pretty bad. As I brought up the suicide ground attacks or just grounding someone without ground/navaling someone without air, missiling, etc.  Several other wars were cancelled like dai viet on brooklyn who missiled after simply fortifying. The simple matter is not having to hope it gets a ruling fast is better given the amount of time it can take to get a ruling. If someone does something on a day Alex won't be around e.g. July 4th it won't get resolved super quickly. A lot similar things happened a few years back when he wasn't around for Memorial Day. I don't really like the idea that I should just take it up the butt because you feel upset that a report is raised ahead of time when rulings aren't instant.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

@Roquentin For the record, Nokia's situation is odd but easily explainable.

For whatever reason one night he decided he'd "go in vacation" and "travel the world" by applying to every top 60 alliance. No I don't think it makes much sense but it seemed to amuse him. While popping into ours he happened to get attacked. He decided to stay and fight, and left shortly thereafter, about 2 days later. Coincidentally those wars ended in beige and it takes about 2 days to beige a war.

If you want to know more about why he did this, you should ask him. It probably won't make anymore sense than this explanation, but it's not his goal of make sense to us normies anyway.

And yes, his gov upvoted my post because shockingly people other than KETOG and Chaos don't like your behavior, and being that their leader is ridiculously wealthy they really just don't care what you do about it. 

Welcome to reality, act like a jackass whose will supercedes all others and you'll find plenty of people willing to defy simply to prove you wrong and watch you rage about it.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, Akuryo said:

@Roquentin For the record, Nokia's situation is odd but easily explainable.

For whatever reason one night he decided he'd "go in vacation" and "travel the world" by applying to every top 60 alliance. No I don't think it makes much sense but it seemed to amuse him. While popping into ours he happened to get attacked. He decided to stay and fight, and left shortly thereafter, about 2 days later. Coincidentally those wars ended in beige and it takes about 2 days to beige a war.

If you want to know more about why he did this, you should ask him. It probably won't make anymore sense than this explanation, but it's not his goal of make sense to us normies anyway.

And yes, his gov upvoted my post because shockingly people other than KETOG and Chaos don't like your behavior, and being that their leader is ridiculously wealthy they really just don't care what you do about it. 

Welcome to reality, act like a jackass whose will supercedes all others and you'll find plenty of people willing to defy simply to prove you wrong and watch you rage about it.

No. Trying to paint it this way is super immature on your end. They know by beiging it harms the other people on this side. It has nothing to do with me acting like I supercede anyone else. If people are going to do stuff that is harmful to our side, then I'm going to act on it. People harming us in the war is a transgression. If I was just going around and demanding tribute from people then you might have a point,  but when it's our ass on the line when it comes to these malicious intent beiges, then this dog won't hunt and you keep trying to paint it as hegemonic, but anyone would defend their interests and people have threatened people over beiging before, including KETOG. If it's our ass as a whole on the line, they don't get to play games with beiging.

Edited by Roquentin
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Akuryo said:

Roq's will doesn't supersede anyone's lol. Its a war, if people who're refusing to work with the coalition at large and their actions are harming the coalition as a whole, it is in our best interests to act upon it. If people want to be jackasses over it, its up to them, but we sure as hell aren't going to be easy and chill about it, if repeated efforts at discussions and coming to a common understanding doesn't work.

Its disingenuous of anyone here to call this hegemonic or some sort of power play, when I remember a large number of alliances who are now constituent members of KERTCHOGG for this war who wanted to roll people for less in KF, when it came to interfering with coalition objectives. So I find the moral outrage funny now.   

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Roquentin said:

-snip-

Your very first screenshot you posted (to prevent gaslighting of all things???) has you threatening that it’s slot filling.

You’re pathetic.  Simple as that.

If others are doing this too, they’re pathetic too.  This is about you though.  You provided the proof of your own actions.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

On 8/3/2019 at 2:24 AM, Roquentin said:

popular consensus that it was over for us and "our hegemonic ambitions have failed" and it'd be "scorched earth" from then on out

The hell? Where did this come from? Coz I don't remember ever saying that. 

On 8/3/2019 at 1:05 AM, Roquentin said:

The intent of a treasure deal is to sell the treasure  at a fast pace not avoid air damage. Quichwe crossed the line despite being told it would be considered collusion with TKR(that should have been warning enough). At first I treated it as relatively innocent but it grinded my gears that Adrienne's wishes were the operative factor as that crossed multiple lines with the slotfilling issue. It's only unfortunate it all happened on discord.

Mate, "fast pace" = navals and ground, not air. You don't do a single air hit if you want to get it done at its fastest. Why would we try to do air hits if we wanted to race for it? As for Adrienne's wishes, the issue was because Adrienne had been notified about the threat by Alfred before I had know about it, and had requested that I notify her of what was occurring. Hell, she was one of the people who briefed me on what had happened, and she was none too receptive to us pulling off the demanded airstrikes. 

As for this talk on how you don't see that it was a an attempt at blackmail because people report people all the time for treasure transfers, perhaps it's just because we're just unable to understand each other's mindsets here, but you titled the PM with, "airstrike dalinar" and bodied it with, what is summed up as, "otherwise you are helping him and we will have to report you". To my own understanding of the English language, this offers us a demand, and two options. First, we airstrike Dalinar, and you don't report us, or second, we don't, and you do. This is completely conditional, and is not your norm of, "people report treasure hits all the time", unless you were trying to tell us that no matter what we did, you would have reported us to Alex, in which case you completely failed to communicate as such. 

As for the nationstriking issue, the matter here is that it's on what is viewed as, and very much is, using the mods as your personal attack dogs on what was at least considered by me as something that was a clear cut frivolous report that didn't have standing. It's like when people use 911 for prank calls. You can get legally whacked for that. 

Edited by Quichwe10