This is a brave new world we're living in

alyster

26 minutes ago, Filmore said:

Even if they attacked a member of TKR, what right does that give you to attack TFP? TKR clearly didn't give you permission on a slot fill that never happened in the first place, so you can put your justice boner away and just admit you were just looking for a reason to attack them. 

Also just to add, they'd still be considered fighting for your side so it literally makes no sense. 

Not to mention it puts TFP into the position of now being literally forced into de-facto coalition A status; how that's somehow less damaging to BK's war effort than a couple of missed slots on a single nation, at best, is... I dunno m8. A big brain strategy like that is about 2 levels ahead of my best gymnastics.

16 minutes ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

Not to mention it puts TFP into the position of now being literally forced into de-facto coalition A status; how that's somehow less damaging to BK's war effort than a couple of missed slots on a single nation, at best, is... I dunno m8. A big brain strategy like that is about 2 levels ahead of my best gymnastics.

Big and beautiful BK is super smart. This is some 4D chess they're playing. 

1 hour ago, Filmore said:

Even if they attacked a member of TKR, what right does that give you to attack TFP? TKR clearly didn't give you permission on a slot fill that never happened in the first place, so you can put your justice boner away and just admit you were just looking for a reason to attack them. 

Also just to add, they'd still be considered fighting for your side so it literally makes no sense. 

When it lets that gov member survive the grinder longer and it has pointed out to them that’s exactly what is happening and we are then ignored it makes perfect sense. We’re not avenging TKR in any way just showing what happens when you aid them directly. 

41 minutes ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

Not to mention it puts TFP into the position of now being literally forced into de-facto coalition A status

And?

Edited by Aragorn, son of Arathorn

1 minute ago, Aragorn, son of Arathorn said:

When it lets that gov member survive the grinder longer and it has pointed out to them that’s exactly what is happening it makes perfect sense. We’re not avenging TKR in any way just showing what happens when you aid them directly. 

Except there's no signs of TFP hitting TKR in their war logs. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Cypher said:

You've got to be daft if you still think BK hasn't won the war.

They aren’t winning if you’ll look at stats. In reality, they were on the rise but then they attacked a renewed and reinvigorated alliance, which gave Kerchtog a reason to keep fighting. Now we just need to wait and see.

2 minutes ago, Dominicus Victor said:

They aren’t winning if you’ll look at stats. In reality, they were on the rise but then they attacked a renewed and reinvigorated alliance, which gave Kerchtog a reason to keep fighting. Now we just need to wait and see.

It's completely fair to include the Surf's Up damages in any net damage metric. The best way to fight is letting your enemies fight each other, which in this case has happened before the war had even began. The extra 50 bil damage difference can easily be attained by taking down the whales.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 6

1 minute ago, Cypher said:

It's completely fair to include the Surf's Up damages in any net damage metric. The best way to fight is letting your enemies fight each other, which in this case has happened before the war had even began. The extra 50 bil damage difference can easily be attained by taking down the whales.

Seeing as BK didn’t exactly start that war, and Surfs up wounds had healed, I would disagree.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Cypher said:

Alright, then by that logic we get to include sold infra in our net damage metrics. After all, the bet way to fight is to let your enemies destroy themselves.

Do we get to deduct the resources we spent in BK's name as resources BK "would have spent" in that net damage calculation too? Or does BK just get the damage as a freebie without spending anything on it?

Hell, we can include the net damages of Ask Alexio into our favor, since that was our enemies fighting each other before the war had even begun.

Edited by Sir Scarfalot
Y'all do math like a hollywood studio.

I have to laugh at the CB. Not only is it war interference but it is against TKR. We all thought they were talking about a Mythic raider we had countered. I have screenshots of all TFP offensive wars since we left the war. TKR wasn’t in there once. Like if you are going to issue a BS CB at least make it somewhat believable.

7 minutes ago, Dominicus Victor said:

I have to laugh at the CB. Not only is it war interference but it is against TKR. We all thought they were talking about a Mythic raider we had countered. I have screenshots of all TFP offensive wars since we left the war. TKR wasn’t in there once. Like if you are going to issue a BS CB at least make it somewhat believable.

I assure you Quiche knows exactly what this is about even if he doesn’t agree with it. 

36 minutes ago, Cypher said:

Only the losing side expands the war at will, duh. 

3 minutes ago, Dominicus Victor said:

Okay well no members of TFP attacked so not a real CB...

I expected there to be debate on the validity of a slot fill but not of it ever occurring lol. 

10 minutes ago, Aragorn, son of Arathorn said:

I expected there to be debate on the validity of a slot fill but not of it ever occurring lol. 

Transfering a treasure is a strong CB. Well played. So stronk. 

Lets be honest. You had to find new infra to kill, so your stats wouldn't sink even deeper. 

Edited by alyster

57 minutes ago, Cypher said:

To be quite frank, you've got to be daft if you think they've done anything other than ensure a draw. 

Ironically, proving their earlier claim in a suggestion thread that the strat is only meant to force white peace, to be true.

Not that I'd expect you to realize that, because from the outside so far away you can't actually see what's happening. What's happening is going end up a feedback loop of control switching hands between both sides ad infinitum, assuming everyone doesn't realize this prior to it happening and simply call it for the stalemate it is once it hits the point of the first turn. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

14 minutes ago, Dominicus Victor said:

So is the rest of collation B okay with this I wonder, or did BK just start a massive collation arguments I wonder?

Yes, they're ok with this.

They've hit other previous "allies" to their efforts and even their own protectorates, while others just stood aside and let it happen (Example:  UPN letting NPO hit OFA).

1 hour ago, Cypher said:

Enlighten us.

1 hour ago, Cypher said:

In my time here they were just another face in the biggest dogpile ever and this war they were doing poorly until NPO took the pressure off. You’ve got to be daft if you think BK has won anything in the last year or so. 

Edited by Miller
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

Yes, they're ok with this.

They've hit other previous "allies" to their efforts and even their own protectorates, while others just stood aside and let it happen (Example:  UPN letting NPO hit OFA).

Well with OFA, not only did the drop out but their idiot of a leader decided to make it clear to all of Orbis that he planned to hit BoC who is in collation B. That was kinda a preemptive strike. 

18 minutes ago, Dominicus Victor said:

Well with OFA, not only did the drop out but their idiot of a leader decided to make it clear to all of Orbis that he planned to hit BoC who is in collation B. That was kinda a preemptive strike. 

Oh hey, it's you Victor! Doubt ya remember me, you disappeared rather suddenly from my alliance months ago and i noticed ya jumping to all sorts of various shitholes.

To be frank i'm amazed those poorly run blackholes didn't swallow you up out of this game. Welcome to the owf! :D

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1