This is a brave new world we're living in

alyster

32 minutes ago, Akuryo said:

I should have put less weight on it as an NPO thing, and more as a personal thing. Multi-polar world is an interesting, but very fragile concept. It requires everyone involved to be playing with it in mind, and i suspect it's death is not far off. No sense in giving up trying while the heart's still beating though. :P

I mean fundamentally the heart was never really beating. The question of a multi-polar world involves the necessity of equal or buffer zones and the right to defend them. A multi-polar world would not sit aside and watch sides combine with one another to take down others for example. Fundamentally a multi-polar world false within the first sign of combination, even temporary in nature, since in a game that's based on realpolitik such as this, the security axis is disrupted and one has to function with the "hope" and mercy that the combined side would split apart post war, but those connections would make it hard to argue they may not defend one another if the need arises. 

Simply put, multi-polarity in a realpolitik game with war as common as is here in PnW, would either lead to stalemates, or the first combined sphere war, would lead to its automatic death. So in essence its a non-starter. My belief in switching spheres was predicated upon creating a different dimension of polarity. Once again this can work solely if the interests of all the parties are aligned and the same. 

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

You should have let Chaos take the beating. KETOG weren't the target for BK sphere, Chaos was. If you wanted to hit them afterwards then do that. Sure not a good use of resources, but that's the change you have been shouting about. Minispheres or whatever you want to call them only work if they work in isolation, otherwise it's the same as it always has been, but call me stupid all you like, facts are facts. Just like this war you can't face a losing war, and now you and your friends aren't the hegemony on top of this game the meta suddenly is bad. Keep doing what you are good at, soliciting people to downvote for you like good lapdogs.

Okay I’m gonna continue my crusade here. After much pestering in the now closed thread I was told victory is when one side admits defeat. So you’re not winning. We’ve not admitted defeat in the slightest. In fact it’s quite clear we think we’re still doing quite well despite the recent successes your side has had in harpooning whales.

if this is not the case I’m still waiting for what winning is for your side if it’s not stats and it’s not anything that can be measured prior to the conclusion of the war.

Additionally, I have no idea what universe you’re living in that KETOG was ever a hegemony.

Edited by Hodor
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Tiberius said:

You should have let Chaos take the beating. KETOG weren't the target for BK sphere, Chaos was. If you wanted to hit them afterwards then do that. Sure not a good use of resources, but that's the change you have been shouting about. Minispheres or whatever you want to call them only work if they work in isolation, otherwise it's the same as it always has been, but call me stupid all you like, facts are facts. Just like this war you can't face a losing war, and now you and your friends aren't the hegemony on top of this game the meta suddenly is bad. Keep doing what you are good at, soliciting people to downvote for you like good lapdogs.

A guy from NPO, with ties to BK, is trying to accuse us of making a hegemony after we literally had a costly war right before this conflict with said players we’re supposedly making a hegemony with...

Can you be any more stupid?

1 hour ago, Buorhann said:

A guy from NPO, with ties to BK, is trying to accuse us of making a hegemony after we literally had a costly war right before this conflict with said players we’re supposedly making a hegemony with...

Can you be any more stupid?

I'm not accusing you of anything and it wouldn't really bother me if you were creating a hegemony. What does bother me is the shens about multi-spheres rather than a bi-polar world and then spitting in the face of that with your very own actions. 

If you can't see that your actions are disputing your own words then who really is the stupid one here? 

PS: I don't have ties to BK.

1 hour ago, Hodor said:

Okay I’m gonna continue my crusade here. After much pestering in the now closed thread I was told victory is when one side admits defeat. So you’re not winning. We’ve not admitted defeat in the slightest. In fact it’s quite clear we think we’re still doing quite well despite the recent successes your side has had in harpooning whales.

if this is not the case I’m still waiting for what winning is for your side if it’s not stats and it’s not anything that can be measured prior to the conclusion of the war.

Additionally, I have no idea what universe you’re living in that KETOG was ever a hegemony.

All the signs are there that this war isn't a victory for your side and that it will lead to a victory for coalition B. Hence why I said a losing war. I didn't say you had lost. 

• Downvote 2

5 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

All the signs are there that this war isn't a victory for your side and that it will lead to a victory for coalition B. Hence why I said a losing war. I didn't say you had lost. 

Seriously, how many ways can I phrase this. What are the signs?

Losing means it will lead to a loss, a loss in your words is surrender. We aren’t surrendering, ergo we are not losing?

Edited by Hodor

3 hours ago, Sphinx said:

What the frick did you just fricking say about Max, you stupid micro? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class at the KERTOG academy for people who take stats too seriously, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on IQ and peoples forum reputation, and I have over 300000 confirmed downvotes. I am trained in internet warfare and I'm the top shitposter in the entire KERTOG forces (Minus TGH, because nothing will surpass their saltiness.... maybe FARK though). You are nothing to me but just another IQ slave. I will wipe you the frick out with my forum ramblings the likes of which has never been seen before on Orbis, mark my fricking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, slave. As we speak I am contacting Buorhann and his radio show to make up a new excuse about how my side is actually winning and that Abbas hasn't gone inactive after getting Rose killed in another war and is just doing a reserve Fekley, so you better prepare for that storm, slave. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your alliance. You're fricking dead, slave. I can be online anywhere, anytime and I can destroy your reputation in over seven hundred ways, including complaining to Alex about you and if that fails I'll get triggered at memes on the forums, and that's just with my own account. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, and will make you waste gasoline and munitions since most of us don't have a military anymore (But ignore that since we can still win. Anyone who says otherwise is a Roq shill). But I have access to whats left of the entire arsenal of the KERTOG coalition (Minus Chaos cause they don't like me) and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable indentured servitude existence that you call a life off the face of Orbis, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your well through out, funny and "clever" memes was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have kept the truth to yourself. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn BK slave. I will shit downvotes all over you and you will drown in it. You're fricking dead, slave.

What the frick did you just fricking say about Akuryo, you stupid micro? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class at the KERTOG academy for people who take stats too seriously, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on IQ and peoples forum reputation, and I have over 300000 confirmed downvotes. I am trained in internet warfare and I'm the top shitposter in the entire KERTOG forces (Minus TGH, because nothing will surpass their saltiness.... maybe FARK though). You are nothing to me but just another IQ slave. I will wipe you the frick out with my forum ramblings the likes of which has never been seen before on Orbis, mark my fricking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, slave. As we speak I am contacting Buorhann and his radio show to make up a new excuse about how my side is actually winning and that Abbas hasn't gone inactive after getting Rose killed in another war and is just doing a reserve Fekley, so you better prepare for that storm, slave. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your alliance. You're fricking dead, slave. I can be online anywhere, anytime and I can destroy your reputation in over seven hundred ways, including complaining to Alex about you and if that fails I'll get triggered at memes on the forums, and that's just with my own account. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, and will make you waste gasoline and munitions since most of us don't have a military anymore (But ignore that since we can still win. Anyone who says otherwise is a Roq shill). But I have access to whats left of the entire arsenal of the KERTOG coalition (Minus Chaos cause they don't like me) and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable indentured servitude existence that you call a life off the face of Orbis, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your well through out, funny and "clever" memes was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have kept the truth to yourself. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn BK slave. I will shit downvotes all over you and you will drown in it. You're fricking dead, slave.

• Downvote 1

Bottom_Border Siggy.png

4 hours ago, Tiberius said:

I hate it when allies argue on the forums, even more so when I’m the one arguing with allies, but what you’ve just said has got to be the most stupidest thing I’ve read in a long time and you should feel bad about that since Inst is still around.

A bit of context, you realise NPO, tS and HS all came together to form a mini sphere, yes? We wanted to break the bipolarity of Orbis and encourage more smaller, localised wars. BK in itself is not a mini sphere. It’s size and bloated corpse of dead alliances goes against what the rest of the game is preaching. It’s a sphere that could rival EMC in its prime due to sheer numbers, so what hope would a fragmented potion of it have? It would have taken the combined alliances of Chaos, KERTOG and N$O to actually compete with BK on a one to one level and stand a good chance of winning.

Now do you see how your alliance’s intervention has led the world back into bipolarity? It wouldn’t surprise me if Chaos and KERTOG, along with a few newfound allies, are forced to work with each other in the next couple global wars if you keep going through with your hypocritical Kayser doctrine that you’d intervene in any dogpiles, but of course only you’re allowed to do that. God forbid any other alliance do so, they should have just sat there and taken their beating.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Cypher said:

I hate it when allies argue on the forums, even more so when I’m the one arguing with allies, but what you’ve just said has got to be the most stupidest thing I’ve read in a long time and you should feel bad about that since Inst is still around.

A bit of context, you realise NPO, tS and HS all came together to form a mini sphere, yes? We wanted to break the bipolarity of Orbis and encourage more smaller, localised wars. BK in itself is not a mini sphere. It’s size and bloated corpse of dead alliances goes against what the rest of the game is preaching. It’s a sphere that could rival EMC in its prime due to sheer numbers, so what hope would a fragmented potion of it have? It would have taken the combined alliances of Chaos, KERTOG and N$O to actually compete with BK on a one to one level and stand a good chance of winning.

Now do you see how your alliance’s intervention has led the world back into bipolarity? It wouldn’t surprise me if Chaos and KERTOG, along with a few newfound allies, are forced to work with each other in the next couple global wars if you keep going through with your hypocritical Kayser doctrine that you’d intervene in any dogpiles, but of course only you’re allowed to do that. God forbid any other alliance do so, they should have just sat there and taken their beating.

No, what you all think is stupid. There will never be a true multi sphere landscape in this game, never has and never will. One sphere will always end up being hegemonic or larger and that will always lead to spheres joining together to take them down. This simply is the same as the current status quo. I don't sit here with rose tinted glasses with false hope that it will change anything.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 4

32 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

No, what you all think is stupid. There will never be a true multi sphere landscape in this game, never has and never will. One sphere will always end up being hegemonic or larger and that will always lead to spheres joining together to take them down. This simply is the same as the current status quo. I don't sit here with rose tinted glasses with false hope that it will change anything.

That sounds like Quiter's talk to me.

Bottom_Border Siggy.png

6 minutes ago, Dio Brando said:

I'm going to have to disagree with quite a bit of what you said, Tiberius.

Insofar as the concept of minispheres is concerned, it is to do both with size and isolation. It was intentioned to be ancillary support for multi-polarity, as opposed to bipolarity, which is where your confusion stems from. A world where there are more than two sides, we call multipolar. That has nothing to do with size or military/economic might - the concept of minispheres propagates a world wherein there are more than just two concentrations of power and that they do not maintain an overwhelming advantage over another. No, they do not all have to be equal, and frankly the risk of expansion from any one sphere in terms of power consolidation was always a risk, which every leader was aware of. Isolation mattered because it allowed minispheres the agency to do so as they pleased - the good and bad came along with that free agency. Isolation does not imply a complete lack of willingness to cooperate and work with other minispheres. It expects that there be no long term relationship between any two groupings that would be acted upon regardless of the circumstances. The most problematic failing of this concept was that it demanded a rapid shift in interpersonal dynamics between leaders, and more specifically, a willingness to set aside the past.

Cypher is most correct when he says that this war was horrible for this concept. I would not go so far as to say our alliance's intervention led to bipolarity, as I am led to believe both are war time political constructs and not long standing ones, but it did not do good, and the longer this war continues, the stronger the chances of this world coming down to bipolarity increases. As for Chaos and KETOG teaming up, that was the single most reasonable course of action they could have taken, and I'm not going to fault them for it. I expect that you will not, either. You would have a point regarding Rose's involvement, but that seems to have been largely overlooked, so I won't bother with that for now.

As an aside, I know I'm going to be ripped to hell and back for this. You're most welcome to poke me on Discord if you wish to.

Oh Dio you are far too free thinking to be a good Roqbot. Back to the ministry of love with you.

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

Humans cannot create anything out of nothingness. Humans cannot accomplish anything without holding onto something. After all, humans are not gods.

2 minutes ago, Dio Brando said:

Tfw Polaris literally has a Ministry of Love.

Why am I not surprised.

Humans cannot create anything out of nothingness. Humans cannot accomplish anything without holding onto something. After all, humans are not gods.

1 minute ago, Kyubnyan said:

Why am I not surprised.

Their IA ministry is called 'MiniLuv', as in, Ministry of Love. They had a pretty good 1984 theme going on in that other realm tbh. It was pretty entertaining to read some of their internal posts.

28 minutes ago, Dio Brando said:

I'm going to have to disagree with quite a bit of what you said, Tiberius.

Insofar as the concept of minispheres is concerned, it is to do both with size and isolation. It was intentioned to be ancillary support for multi-polarity, as opposed to bipolarity, which is where your confusion stems from. A world where there are more than two sides, we call multipolar. That has nothing to do with size or military/economic might - the concept of minispheres propagates a world wherein there are more than just two concentrations of power and that they do not maintain an overwhelming advantage over another. No, they do not all have to be equal, and frankly the risk of expansion from any one sphere in terms of power consolidation was always a risk, which every leader was aware of. Isolation mattered because it allowed minispheres the agency to do so as they pleased - the good and bad came along with that free agency. Isolation does not imply a complete lack of willingness to cooperate and work with other minispheres. It expects that there be no long term relationship between any two groupings that would be acted upon regardless of the circumstances. The most problematic failing of this concept was that it demanded a rapid shift in interpersonal dynamics between leaders, and more specifically, a willingness to set aside the past.

Cypher is most correct when he says that this war was horrible for this concept. I would not go so far as to say our alliance's intervention led to bipolarity, as I am led to believe both are war time political constructs and not long standing ones, but it did not do good, and the longer this war continues, the stronger the chances of this world coming down to bipolarity increases. As for Chaos and KETOG teaming up, that was the single most reasonable course of action they could have taken, and I'm not going to fault them for it. I expect that you will not, either. You would have a point regarding Rose's involvement, but that seems to have been largely overlooked, so I won't bother with that for now.

As an aside, I know I'm going to be ripped to hell and back for this. You're most welcome to poke me on Discord if you wish to.

YAGpXPd.png

shiiiiit man, well said

• Haha 6

15 hours ago, Curufinwe said:

AD got hit because they're a part of your sphere and we're at war with your sphere - same deal with Clan Cailan and Silenzio.  In AD's case, if they had wanted to remain neutral they should probably have avoided signing one of the belligerents during a war.  It was particularly unwise to sign a belligerent that is not in a position to protect them, as has proven to be the case with TKR.  We gave you guys an option to get your protectorates out of the war and you opted to reject it, so they're free to direct any and all complaints on the matter to TKR's gov.  Glad to hear you stand by the decision though.  

We understand why they got hit and they knew it was a possibility when signing us but you didn't hit them solely for being a protectorate on our side. After all, you mostly left Silenzio and House Arryn and even Clan Callan alone up until Animation Domination switched over. I can appreciate what you attempted to do from a strategic standpoint even if it isn't a move I'd have chosen to make myself. Your initial offer involved using our protectorates as bait to get us to peace the remainder of your side's micros so they would stop beiging and interrupting your strategy, which you knew our side wouldn't agree to. When we didn't, you made a second attempt to try and score a political victory by offering AD an out if they cut us (which you conveniently failed to mention here). This didn't work for the same reason your current attempt to sow dissension between us now won't work either. I appreciate your attempts to milk the situation for its full worth though. Best of luck.

• Haha 3

BrOQBND.jpg

@CandyShi Inst was referring to the 1939 border conflicts, not the 1945 wholesale invasion of Manchuria. Though Inst is also wrong in that regard, at least partially so. The Japanese were perfectly able to match Soviet combined arms at a tactical level (take a look at the Soviet casualties sustained in both in Khalkhin Gol, and Lake Khasan). What they couldn't match was the operational aspect, and even further, the logistics behind it. Quite frankly, it strikes as odd that Inst wouldn't highlight Zhukov's masterful arrangement of the logistics for Khalkhin gol, which pretty much contrasted the glaring SNAFU situation of Japanese logistics.

Also, he does oversimplify it a bit on how Japan proceeded to operate afterwards. Whether to expand north or south was by and large a conflict of interests between the IJA and IJN. Quite obviously, the IJA would be of greater importance for expanding northwards, while the IJN would be vital for seizing southernmost assets. This is important to consider due to both competing for the limited resources Japan had at it's disposal, and contributed greatly to the failings of Japan in WW2. At any rate, the defeat in Manchuria, alongside the developments in the early stages of WW2 (both an opening on seizing the colonies due to the fall of the Netherlands and France, alongside the U.K. being stretched thin, coupled with renewed U.S. oil embargoes) are why Japan ultimately decided with going south.

G3.gif.d8066d8dc749ad2d0835fe69095fa73b.gif

On 7/18/2019 at 7:27 PM, Malleator said:

"Half their size." 

The rest I could resist replying to, but this point I really dislike. 

We basically have the equivalent of two City 10 nations vs one city 40 nation, and you jackals are saying it's an unfair fight all the time, true, it is, but not at all to the disadvantage of City 40 like you so commonly assert: the city 40 of course being the analogue to KERCHTOG in this analogy. 

This war is a peasant revolt, not the nobility cracking down on dissidents. Coal B has the numbers because they require the numbers to stand a chance against the 8k score whales and their reign of terror, and it bothers KERCHTOG members to no end that their whale hegemony isn't enough to curtail the peasant horde, and they clamor and they wail that it is impossible for them to be losing against mere peasants, so it must be unfair and rigged. I am here to tell you today that it is, in fact, not unfair or rigged. Coal B simply has four city 10 nations for every city 40 nation you have.

Upvoting just because I like the creativity put into this.

... but we are winning this war, and your allies have been bragging since forever about how their mass member one tier alliances are better than having strong, large nations. 

I agree that having all of the whales in the same sphere is an issue though, but tbf last war it was IQ and friends beating Grumpy and most of the whales. I don't think the current sides are going to last, at least not the KERTCHTOG coalition. Remember that KETOG and Chaos were literally fighting EACH OTHER 2 weeks before this war.

MR BOOTY IN DA HOUSE