This is a brave new world we're living in

alyster

18 minutes ago, Charles the Tyrant said:

Coalition B clearly took lessons from the Bolsheviks. 

Soldiers who underperform or retreat from the battlefield are summarily executed. 

Such inspiring leadership is hard to find.

But they won...

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, CandyShi said:

... the irony here is that I don’t think you even know how the Bolsheviks (and later the USSR) won their battles.

If you did know your response wouldn’t be “but they won”... But if you appreciated the connection IQ = USSR during WWII would have even more hilarious ironies.

Did they win or no?

Even if they disarmed them when they thought their actions counter productive, they left the execution to other the side if they choose to. Was interesting to hear a member wondering why at least half the other side is still staying in about.

Edited by Noctis Anarch Caelum

2 minutes ago, CandyShi said:

Do you only care if the USSR won or how they won?

Did the USSR win? Well they were on the "winning" side but were getting annihilated, despite Germany having a disadvantage, until the US bailed them out. I'll rephrase this, how about BK = USSR and NPO = US (not including their political beliefs/how their alliances are run)

But do you understand the 2nd reason why it's hilarious that BK = USSR?

I only care if they won, which they did, just like us.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

2 minutes ago, CandyShi said:

I don't think you know how to read or have any knowledge of history at all if you think the USSR "won".

Can't tell if you are just trolling right now. You can take more damage and still win a war. To suggest the USSR didn't win the war is absurd.

Edited by Aragorn, son of Arathorn

Guest Curufinwe
8 minutes ago, CandyShi said:

I don't think you know how to read or have any knowledge of history at all if you think the USSR "won".

Image result for soviet sphere post WW2

k

1 hour ago, Aragorn, son of Arathorn said:

But they won...

I didn't say Coalition B were the Bolsheviks, I said they took lessons from them.

Winning wasn't one of these lessons.

Saying that, Coalition B is currently imploding, much like the USSR did, so you may have a point?

Coalition Bolshevik does have a certain ring to it.

Edited by Charles the Tyrant
  • Haha 1

Untitled.png

4 minutes ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

Wow.

A. The USSR was part of the coalition that defeated the Nazis, yes. This was despite their tactics, strategy, and ideology; the objective deficiencies of each compensated for, inefficiently I might add, by raw economy of scale.

B. The USSR lost the cold war, due entirely to the same kind of shenanigans that you're so proud of right now.

C. Sure, you might only care about the result... but does everyone else you work with appreciate the means?

A: But they won

B: So 50 years as a superpower before falling? 

C : Haven't heard any complaints yet.

13 minutes ago, Noctis Anarch Caelum said:

For BK these wars filter out which allies are worth keeping.:P

For allies these wars filter out which knights are wortk keeping. 

Fixed it for you.

Edited by alyster

Guest Curufinwe
35 minutes ago, CandyShi said:

One could also argue that the USSR would have crumbled after the war if they didn't manage to force all of the eastern European micros to join the USSR, breaking terms discussed in the Yalta Conference. 

Just to be clear, all of those territories being occupied/controlled by the USSR broke an agreement with the allies, so thanks for proving my point about not knowing the history.

image.png

Actually, the Soviet position was their puppet governments reflected the will of the people, though in this case it was the working class that the USSR claimed to embody.  In any case, Stalin was dominant enough in Eastern Europe that he was able to renege on his commitment to self determination and impose his will on basically everything in Eastern Europe and the Balkans.  The US and the UK didn't like it, but they weren't a position to militarily challenge the USSR over the issue, even though Churchill, for example, would have been in favour of doing so.

23 minutes ago, CandyShi said:

Here's some nation's super power status:

US: 120 years (1898 - 2018) and hopefully still going

Britain: Over 300 (1600s -1945)

Roman Empire: 96 - 581 AD

Mongolian empire: 1206 - 1368

Han Dynasty: 200 BC - 200 AD

50 years as a superpower is pretty shit.

US: 1945 is generally when America is seen as emerging as a superpower; 1898 is when it was recognized by most people as a great power and acquired its first overseas colonies.

Britain: the year you're looking for is 1763, when Britain defeated France in North America and India and established what would eventually become its world empire.  You could also pick 1815, following the defeat of Napoleon at Waterloo.

Roman Empire: Octavian won the last Republican civil war around 30 BCE, not 96 AD.  If you're referring to the accession of Trajan in 98 AD, Rome was already a superpower prior to that, so it's kind of a weird date to pick.

Mongolian empire: are you referring to the Yuan dynasty here?  Cuz that's not really the same thing as the Mongol Empire, which had split into multiple fragments by then, such as the Golden Horde and the Ilkanate.

Han Dynasty: Depending on how you're measuring it, the Han collapsed somewhere between 184 AD (when the central government collapsed) and 220 AD (when the final emperor was forced to abdicate). 

Anyways, this is kind of getting into the embarrassing stage, so maybe close up the forums and pick up a history book?  Since if your position is that the USSR didn't win WWII and that the US was a superpower in 1898, you have some remedial reading to do ? 

Edited by Curufinwe

1 minute ago, alyster said:

For allies these wars filter out which knights are wortk keeping. 

Fixed it for you.

Not sure any would welcome in any other spheres if KETOG wins, which is why they can’t afford to lose and will try winning regardless. Also for direct allies at least and sometimes allies of allies; they help rebuild them.

Although OFA went in for another ally & never did expect aid at the end. Although those they care about there is incentive to see it through regardless of tactical disagreements.

Is this a good thread to say that I still like BK and then get raged on because I'm not allowed to have that OOC opinion?

Edited by Placentica
  • Haha 4

28 minutes ago, Placentica said:

Is this a good thread to say that I still like BK and then get raged on because I'm not allowed to have that OOC opinion?

He’s acting commie in this thread, so probably not. Although OOC they are a chill bunch & doing what’s needed to defend.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Aragorn, son of Arathorn said:

I only care if they won, which they did, just like us.

Who is "us"? Certainly not BK. You lost bud. Remember? You were hiding in your hole? Not saying anything. 

6 hours ago, Buorhann said:

Are you saying that your coalition is so bad that it’s falling apart to an enemy that supposedly can’t put up a fight?

I'm not the one claiming we're falling apart, you should either learn read the OP for once or look up the definition of "supposed." Gotta say I'm not surprised by your lack of reading comprehension though. After all, you are just a kid.

Edited by Malal
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

8 hours ago, TheNG said:

You guys are still complaining about this? Boo-hoo. Don't start wars you can't finish then.

Z8iISWq.png

NPO clearly just had to step up and show us Coalition B newbs what a real rolling looks like since your coalition failed so spectacularly at doing it. ?

"You guys are still complaining about this? Boo-hoo. Don't start wars you can't finish then."

This is a silly argument. Once those leaks were revealed it was clear our side had two options. Either wait to get dogpiled by you or attack and take the fight to you. We did not start this, we just realized the inevitability of it and made the best of our situation. 

Also it is funny that your comic says we are the ones who keep making the same slave comment over and over again. Outside Scarf's thread I mainly see IQ bringing it up in every thread :P

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

C0r3Fye.png

5 hours ago, CandyShi said:

Did the USSR win? Well they were on the "winning" side but were getting annihilated, despite Germany having a disadvantage, until the US bailed them out.

You need to learn history

Now back talking about the game please