Official Announcements from Hyperion Bond Trading System

Lu Xun

0a91e652042305bddf80759eba32f83aae6b635b

Hyperion Bond Trading System Official Announcement

The Hyperion Bond Trading System (HBTS) is a bond trading system trading in all types of bonds, including zero coupon bonds, couponed bonds, junk bonds, subprime bonds, and perpetual bonds. As part of its normal trading activity, it has encountered a novel situation and must make a statement in order to protect both bond buyers and bond sellers.

Recently, as part of HBTS's normal operations, it purchased 200 million in subprime bonds from a sovereign alliance. This alliance was subsequently the victim of a bank thief, who couped the alliance leader, disbanded the alliance, and rejoined a second alliance as government. The total sum stolen was about 200 million.

Hyperion Bond Trading System would like it to be known that in some circumstances of bank theft, the bank thief is considered to also have stolen the alliance's bond obligations. If the bank thief, in these circumstances, ignores claims by HBTS and its affiliates on this debt, the bank thief will be considered to be in default and HBTS reserves the right to use all means necessary to recover this lost sum. HBTS, of course, will not attempt to reclaim the full value of the bank stolen, as it is a bank, not a protection agency, and will only seek to recover the liability stolen.

HBTS feels that this policy instills extra confidence in both bond sellers and buyers in bonds traded through the HBTS.

• Haha 5

6 minutes ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

You're really not kidding when you call them "Subprime", are ya.

Either I get the money back at high interest or I nuke the damages off. Either way, I get the utility I'm looking for.

• Upvote 2

The original situation was amicably resolved. But please be advised that, if you sell a bond to the HBTS as an original issuer, your obligation may be partially or fully transferred in the event of a bank theft. And if you are a bank thief, stolen funds from a bond issuer to the HBTS may come with attached loan conditions.

I have nothing against bank thieves provided they do not directly affect me. I just stand by the validity of bonds being traded on the Hyperion Bond Trading System.

===

Also, if you'd like to buy coupons in the negotiated settlement, let me know!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qOUw5fvOOA70f8eB2GVVHvQtDHUqGHy9WKCPmxCFfK4/edit#gid=0

Edited by Inst

Guest Elijah Mikaelson

Ok this is just nuts, the only person who should be held accountable is the person who sold you the bonds, whoever stole the bank had no agreements with you so you, therefore, should not be able to enforce, that's the same as me saying that if you take a loan from me as a person and fail to pay and delete or whatever then the alliance you are in who are unknowing of the loan should be held accountable.

unknown.png

nice VM.

3 minutes ago, Elijah Mikaelson said:

Ok this is just nuts, the only person who should be held accountable is the person who sold you the bonds, whoever stole the bank had no agreements with you so you, therefore, should not be able to enforce, that's the same as me saying that if you take a loan from me as a person and fail to pay and delete or whatever then the alliance you are in who are unknowing of the loan should be held accountable.

unknown.png

nice VM.

EM, I'll discuss this with you in PM for the sake of the privacy of the involved parties.

And yes, a Pantheon member who left for BK hung a "I'm in VM" fake sign to confuse attackers. I ran something similar, and this was apparently sufficient to confuse AD milcom.

Edited by Inst

Guest Elijah Mikaelson
On 7/19/2019 at 4:09 AM, Inst said:

EM, I'll discuss this with you in PM for the sake of the privacy of the involved parties.

And yes, a Pantheon member who left for BK hung a "I'm in VM" fake sign to confuse attackers. I ran something similar, and this was apparently sufficient to confuse AD milcom.

To confuse AD milcon, just put a new flag up and they will look for someone else, job done.