War Length and Cycle

Yes hello, so, I was coming off my day of doing my part in the war, reading a few posts, and I saw this:

On 7/6/2019 at 3:56 AM, Micchan said:

About planes I noticed that whales now have a crazy number of planes killed with a single attack, like 600+

I think there should be a cap or a reduction

In general I think units die too fast except for tanks in ground battles, the first 24-48 hours are for killing units, the rest of the war is more boring and slow

And then I went back, and I looked at my wars.

One had already died down in activity days and days ago, the continuation was more just a formality and neither side was doing much of anything anymore, them ground attacking my low infra, no cash nation, me airstriking their cash when I knew they had enough to get a full hit's worth, bit of chip damage here and there.

And I just... Hm. Yeah. The post was in the other war suggestion thread, which I feel had totally run its course and devolved in that unique way you lot always tend to make it do, and then I checked the thread of previous suggestions, couldn't find anything about actually, making wars shorter, so I'm putting the question out there: Do our wars really need to last five days?

Looking at tactical use, well, okay, if we wanted to keep beige cycling as a thing, you could still shorten wars to 4 days. That's double the "normal" time to take someone's resistance down to a solid 50ish, unless you've spend multiple days constantly getting moderates and pyrrhics. Pretty much every mechanic I can think of would stay relatively intact with a 4 day total war timer. 3 is pushing it, for sure, I feel like that isn't really enough time, I think like, 3.5-3.8 would be a sweet spot for faster gameplay, but that's pretty much 4, and 4 is a nice even number.

It'd make wars faster, it would make beige cycling harder, but not at all impossible, I mean, giving the person an extra day of breathing room isn't that big of a deal. There's no way, I think, that 4 days isn't enough to complete a war, even if you were evenly matched for the first two days and hit day 3 with both at 70+ resistance or something, but at that point maybe not having enough time to beige, is totally warranted? I mean, that sounds like a stalemate to me, if you spend two and some more days completely matched with your opponent, which I've never seen myself, but I'm sure has probably happened.

The current global war will probably go on for months, and I honestly expect people will get bored of the wars at that stage, and I don't like that the game is in a way set up to become more boring over time like that. A bit of a faster pace would go a long way, I think. It's not even, a faster pace in unit buying or anything, just simply allowing wars to expire a bit faster will free up more people to do more things without actually affecting the resource/unit balance of the game.

Also as an offshoot of this branch of thought, slightly shorter rebuild times could go a long way, maybe reducing each of the non-soldiers by a day, or down to a 4 minimum, so like, 3/4/4/4 (someone in the thread said that too, I think, but not in quite the context of what this suggestion is)

I'd like to think this isn't a particularly partisan suggestion, because, well, harming beige cycling and sitting time seems like it'd hurt the side that can control the lower tiers and actually effectively cycle beige, more, but I'm not sure. I'd like to hear your thoughts on the idea overall!

• Upvote 2